Guy Wrinkle Rare Exotic Plants

Bulbs: Summer-blooming View Their Product Listing

11610 Addison Street
North Hollywood, California 91601 (United States)
(310) 670-8637
(310) 670-1427

Reviews:

Displaying the 9 most recent reviews

On Jun 22, 2011, lakesidecallas (20 reviews) from Dandridge, TN (Zone 6a)

He invited me to call him with a special plant request, took my order and shipped it very quickly. It was expensive (to me), but I received an amazing, huge, healthy plant. I'm going to order some more!

On Nov 7, 2007, dmccarthy (1 reviews) from Santa Monica, CA

Over the past 5 years I've purchased scores of mature plants from Guy. They have been, without exception, of the highest quality and always healthy.

On Nov 6, 2007, mitsukurina (2 reviews) from Los Angeles, CA

I've purchased many hundreds of dollars of plants from Guy and recommend him unreservedly. Always great plants - usually established - and never dead or dying as others have apparently found. Packs his plants well and ships on time. He's one of my favorite sources for seriously rare plants.

On May 29, 2007, gowron (38 reviews) from Athens, GA

Check their website under "Articles", the "article" about collecting plants from the wild. These people obviosuly condone (and perhaps practice?) collection of wild specimens, by offering locals "significant amounts of money". If you care about ecosystem preservation, think hard before you buy from them - I never did and never will, for this reason.

On May 29, 2007, litchi (1 reviews) from San Jose, CA

I mistakenly thought that I could get a chance to see his growing range and save on shipping at the same time if I went in person. Instead, I was treated rudely, not allowed to see his range (not because he was busy with other things), and not allowed to choose my own plants for purchase. Had I known ahead of time, I might have just opted to mail order. To add insult to injury, the owner picked out a plant that was rotting. I pointed this out to his "partner" who after showing signs of embarrassment, went out to get a replacement. Another strange practice of his was that he would run your credit card even before you arrived to pick up your plants. Unpleasant experience and not the nicest of people, either.

On Aug 23, 2006, SDCA (20 reviews) from San Diego, CA

I recently got a quick jump on a sale item. An ~4" caudex Encephalartos at a ridiculously low price. Item was as advertised and arrived quickly. I am pleased with my experience.

On May 23, 2006, JUNGLEGAL (1 reviews) from st pete, FL (Zone 10a)

Was not pleased with the condition of the plant I received. Please see for yourself. Here is what $30 bucks gets you. //img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/junglegalfla/bromeliads/imperalis001.jpg I emailed him about the condition of this plant and have yet to hear back from him. I cannot recommend this company

On Aug 22, 2005, greenemann (1 reviews) from Pompano Beach, FL (Zone 10a)

Received plants (Adenium) with the worst infestation of spider mites I've ever seen, and I've been in the nursery business nearly 20 years! In addition to the mites one of the plants had a moderate to severe infestation of mealybugs.

On Oct 3, 2004, grhse147 (3 reviews) from Southampton, NY

Has plants that no one else offers - particularly rare South African bulbs. Higher priced items are great - but lower cost things, bulbs especially, often minuscule. Postage charged greatly in excess of actual rates!

» Read the rest of the reviews