Bon Aqua, Tennessee 37025 (United States)

Reviews:

Displaying the 11 most recent reviews

On Jun 2, 2015, Jaesmyth (3 reviews) from Watkinsville, GA

Small company, big results! New Hope seed company really exceeded our expectations with the quality we received on our first order(and it won't be our last!). After doing a fair amount of searching for a particular tomato I love, we found a few companies that carry them. After reading all about New Hope, I knew that they were the company I wanted to put my faith in. I am so glad I did! They have a small but interesting selection. Processing and shipping were extremely fast. The seeds were packed in little zip top bags, inside of appropriately labeled envelopes, which is nice, since we never use all of the seeds the first time 'round. We have seen a strong germination rate so far, and the plants are doing great. I cannot wait for the fruits of our labor to be harvested. Tomatoes and bell peppers and watermelons and crowder peas, oh my! I'm looking forward to next year and our next order. :) Thanks, guys!

On Feb 9, 2011, Marica (2 reviews) from Eupora, MS

I cannot say enough good things about this company. I've purchased vegetable and tobacco seeds, as well as live sweet potato shoots. i am especially impressed with the packaging-- the seeds are in little ziplock bags within the paper packet.

On Feb 9, 2010, OlgaGarden (8 reviews) from Littleton, CO

Great company. Nice communication. Lovely tobacco varieties and quick shipping.

On Jul 29, 2009, Carey007 (1 reviews) from Dora, AL (Zone 7b)

On 2-9-2009 I ordered 1/4 ounce(100 seeds) of Aunt Hettie's red okra as a trial run of the company and their seeds. I recieved my order in less than a week....great service! Planted the okra in mid May and now I'm cutting okra every day. Great seeds. I'm was pleased enough with their prompt service and quality seeds that I've already ordered(and recieved) more red okra seeds just to make sure I have it next spring. I'll have no problem ordering from them again.

On Feb 22, 2009, hookjb (5 reviews) from Columbia, MO

Nice little company. I ordered from them last year and got my seeds in less than a week. The vegetable seeds were great. I did have trouble getting the tobacco to germinate, but I think that was entirely my fault because I was new to the procedure.

On April 28th, 2009, hookjb added the following: Tried germinating my same tobacco seeds from last year in my cold frame and had great results. So it was definitely me and not the seeds that were the problem last year.

On Jan 19, 2009, Tabacum (16 reviews) from Mantua, OH (Zone 5a)

1/18/09 New Hope Seed rating.....Ran across this company in my search for tobacco seeds and information. I have grown tobacco plants for years for the beauty of the plants. This website is very informative regarding the planting of tabacco. I decided to order three packets of their tobacco seeds. They arrived quickly and attractively packaged. Good site for unique and heirloom seeds. Looking forward to trying their seeds out in the spring.

On Jan 12, 2009, chicochi3 (20 reviews) from Fayetteville, AR (Zone 6b)

What a great place to order seeds. Fast, efficient, and had the Calico Crowder peas that I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get this year. Great!

On Aug 27, 2008, julsie (6 reviews) from Ruther Glen, VA

I ordered sweet potato plants for the first time this year. I was glad the website warned that they may arrive looking wimpy, because I was a little skeptical when I saw them. But there were lots of extra plants included, and nearly all of them survived. A few even survived after being dug up multiple times by my dog. Now they're growing all over the place, spilling out of their raised beds, where they get trampled and just keep growing. As a side note, a few days after I planted mine, I heard a customer at our best local garden center asking when the sweet potato plants would be in! Made me feel good to be ahead of the game. I'll definitely order from these folks again. They shipped when they said they would, the order was neatly packed and labeled, and Dave answered my planting questions via email. Highly recommend.

On Mar 13, 2008, Thunkthoughtless (6 reviews) from Correll, MN (Zone 4a)

My order was horribly botched, (my fault), so I wrote to see if I could change it, knowing that it's often difficult or impossible to retract a faulty order once placed. I pretty much expected a range from a polite "No", to the usual, "We're not responsible for your stupidity!" response that's so common these days. Alas!!!!!!, David replied *promptly* that the changes I wanted had been made, *AND* thanked me for supporting New Hope, in a totally non form-letter sort of way. ***SUPREME***

On Jun 13, 2007, three_elms (4 reviews) from Tippecanoe, IN

Ordered sweet potatoes from them this year. Due to a late frost they were a week or two behind. Emails were answered promptly and when the starts arrived they were in great shape and abundant, with more than I ordered. All have started growing very well and only 1 very small slip was lost.

On Mar 14, 2006, MikeD (118 reviews) from Liberal, OR (Zone 8b)

I have been buying from New Hope Seeds for years. Always a pleasure doing business with them. Seed is fresh, cleaned well and germinates very high. The owner is very passionate about preserving rare family and commercial seed varieties and researches histories and pedigrees of the varieties he offers.

» Read the rest of the reviews