7346 Manchester Highway
Morrison, Tennessee 37357 (United States)
(931) 668-9898

Notes

We are a 4th generation family nursery.

posted on August 8, 2007

Reviews:

Displaying the 12 most recent reviews

On Aug 8, 2021, oscarkat01 (17 reviews) from Rochester, NY (Zone 6a)

Posted on August 8, 2021, updated August 8, 2021 I ordered some magnolias this spring that I never received. Iím shocked to see that I was never refunded my payment for the plants I never received. I donít trust a business that takes my money but doesnít deliver what was paid for and doesnít refund the money. Iím disputing it through payment method but I shouldnít have to chase this down.

On August 8th, 2021, oscarkat01 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following: Iím changing my rating to neutral because I was issued a refund quickly after disputing the charge for never receiving the plants I ordered. Here are my two lingering concerns: I should not be required to track down a refund for plants I never received many months later. Any other nursery Iíve ordered from over the years refunds me automatically got any plants they donít ship. I donít see a good excuse for this oversight. Secondly: What frustrates me is that the plants that I couldnít get delivered that I ordered for whatever reason are still listed for sale on the website. This is not unique to this nursery but if a business knows they donít have an item available, they should update their inventory to reflect that the item isnít available for purchase. I understand inventory is a moving target but failing to update known inventory issues leads to more problems later. Iíve had few nurseries that have done this to the point Iím hesitant to order from them. I will say that I did get a plant from this nursery years ago from another retailer that was a great specimen of plant.
Company representative comment on August 8, 2021:
On Aug 8, 2021 1:25 AM, Boyd Nursery Company responded with:

Sir, according to our records you money was refunded on 4/29/21. Please check your records and we will check our bank statements when the bookkeeper is back on duty. I know that I tried to contact you at the time the order was placed after I checked the inventory that we could not supply the cultivar you ordered. We never received any response back from you, so we refunded you payment. Please check your records and we will recheck ours.

Campbell Boyd

On Aug 8, 2021 1:30 AM, Boyd Nursery Company added:

Excuse me, I made a mistake the date your payment was refunded should be 4/28/21.

On Aug 8, 2021 10:04 AM, Boyd Nursery Company added:

Mr. Casey,

This is Justin Boyd. Let me shine some light on the situation. We stick cuttings for a multitude of different varieties every year. We update our website inventories in late October to reflect what we feel will ultimately survive the rooting process into spring. Sometimes our counts are off. This was the case for the Brackens Brown Beauties you ordered on the March 18. When we realized this was the case, my father placed two separate phone calls to the phone number you had listed on your order details. He attempted to communicate this information and offer you either an alternative magnolia cultivar or a refund in both voicemails. No phone calls were returned. By April 12, we felt we had waited for a phone response long enough; so, I personally emailed you explaining the same information. On April 28, we felt we had waited long enough for a response; so, I marked your order as refunded in our system. This action generated another email to your listed address where I wrote another personal message explaining the situation and our lack of feedback from your end. At this time, we thought the situation was concluded. I did not realize that the refund would not process automatically through PayPal, given that our website is integrated to automatically accept payments. Now, nearly 4 months later you leave us a review. This is your first communication with us, and it comes indirectly. I attempted to call and text an apology earlier today. I left you yet another voicemail. I have also checked your claims regarding the website inventory being shown for Brackens Brown Beauty. What you might not know based on your comments is that we leave the information concerning the plant (i.e. scientific information and description and former pricing) up on the site even once inventory is out of stock. This information, including the stock count, is visible on the page as we speak. We do this so others can read about the plant and join the waitlist if they wish for us to propagate it in the future. If enough people join the waitlist, we will produce the plant once more.

All of this to say, ultimately you placed an order from our company and then failed to respond to our multiple attempts to contact you regarding it. If you had but once called or emailed us back this could have been avoided; hence, why your refund was issued so quickly this morning. We had no idea that you had been slighted until you attempted to hurt our business using this medium. We strive to take care of each order as if we are buying it for ourselves. So once more, I am sorry your experience was not satisfactory. If you are open to it, we would like to send you some complementary plants. We do not have the Brackens Brown Beauty in stock, but we do still have some DD Blanchards if you are open to it - but here's the catch - you have to respond to my call, text, or email. :)

On Feb 8, 2021, Skelsey (1 reviews)

Boyd Nursery has awesome customer service and high quality plants! When I called I spoke to the owner himself who was incredibly kind and helpful! I was really pleased with my order for 5 beautiful boston ivies--I received 6! In the box were 6 little plants in moistened soil wrapped in plastic for cleanliness (so you don't get a dirt glitter bomb), and instructions on how to raise your new plant babies. I'm super impressed and would purchase from this company again in the future!

On May 12, 2018, pll173408 (1 reviews) from Chicago, IL

This was my 2nd time ordering vinca minor groundcovers and once again I have received high-quality plants. I am very pleased and so thankful that my order arrived at record speed. God Bless You, Folks!

On Apr 23, 2016, gscdixon (1 reviews) from Weatherford, TX

We recently ordered 40 Nellie R. Stevens hollies (rooted cuttings) and received them in about 6 days. They were snugly packaged and arrived in excellent condition. They looked so healthy that we ordered another 40 hollies a few days later. It has now been 3 weeks and they are all extremely healthy and putting on new growth. We are very pleased and will definitely purchase from this company again.

On Dec 9, 2015, texas_yard (1 reviews) from Corsicana, TX

I purchased 500 vinca minor plants this October 2015. Boyd Nursery was very prompt on delivering the plants and they were in excellent condition. I would highly recommend buying from Boyd Nursery..

On Nov 1, 2015, rkyle (1 reviews) from Murfreesboro, TN

Boyd's was helpful in selecting an appropriate ground cover. The plants were delivered right to the front porch. The plants were healthy and are thriving. I would heartily recommend the Boyd Nursery.

On Jun 29, 2015, joy2you (1 reviews) from Signal Mountain, TN

We ordered 1000 vinca minor plants from Boyd Nursery. This is such a nice company. You can tell they are a family-run nursery by the personal interest they take in your order. We received a couple of calls about our order and then one telling us the plants were on their way! The plants arrived in great shape, packed well. And the plants themselves are very nice--good size and healthy. The price was good too. Amazingly, we got all of them in the ground in two days and the area we put them will soon be green and beautiful! THANK YOU Boyd Nursery! Warmly, Tim and Carolyn

On Apr 11, 2015, bkissee (1 reviews) from Brentwood, TN

Easy to purchase vinca minor clumps. Got them a few days after I placed the order . Good quality plants and well packed. I believe that this was a good value . Will order from them again .

On Mar 2, 2015, kay18fan (3 reviews) from Santa Fe, TX (Zone 9a)

Unfortunately, I never received my order. I am very disappointed, because i really wanted these plants. In the two months since my payment was processed, I contacted Boyd's twice with inquiries, and a third time with a refund request. The first was responded to in several days with a promise to get my plants out the next week. The next inquiry, a couple of weeks later, was unanswered. Thankfully, when I requested a refund, it was granted. I am sure these are nice folks, but if you actually are interested in receiving your order, check elsewhere.

Company representative comment on March 10, 2015:
On Mar 10, 2015 7:46 AM, Boyd Nursery Company responded with:

I would like to respond to your rating. I wish that I could have all the plants that I have advertised available 100% of the time, but a nursery has to work with Mother Nature at all times or the plants (and our reputation) will suffer. When our nursery sends plants out, we try to do so under conditions that provide the best chance of survival and continued good growth. It is my fault that I was not able to ship your order in a timely fashion. Your order was placed on 1/8/2015. At that time, I only had the tree seedling portion of your order in our barn. Because we were having weather conditions that would prove detrimental to plant survival, we could not safely dig the plants necessary to complete your order immediately. Due to a temporary health problem, I was unable to utilize the few days of suitable weather before the ice storms and extended freeze hit our area. This extreme cold affected a good portion of the United States, and it was my fault that I did not properly communicate to you how it could affect your order. The first Ice storm took down our electric service at our office. The extreme cold meant that any orders shipped would have likely frozen and perished in transit. When we finely had our power restored, we saw your request for order cancellation and refund. We promptly refunded your payment. I also called and explained this to your husband since you were not available.

Sincerely
Campbell

On Jul 2, 2012, musaboru (25 reviews) from (Zone 9b)

I purchased a combo of 5 'Sweet Thing' magnolia in late may. These arrived about two weeks later and are rooted cuttings as advertised. However, I was distraught with the packaging. The plants were placed in plastic sandwich bags with some soil and weren't even secured with a rubber band or tape at least. Not even wadded up newspaper to keep them from bouncing around in the box. The boxed arrived soggy and really damaged because of the moisture from the soil that had fallen out from the bags. Other than that, the plants are doing fine now almost two months later. These sweetbay magnolias are pretty hardy and can take a lot of abuse. Please put more care into the packaging please. Cons: poor packaging Pro: received an extra plant, thanks!

Company representative comment on July 3, 2012:
On Jul 3, 2012 12:21 PM, Boyd Nursery Company responded with:

Thank you for your input. I had the fellow that packed your order read your comment. He has been chastised for his failure to pack your order correctly. The box was supposed to be cut down to fit the order and paper added to restrict the movement of the plants during shipping.

F.C. Boyd III

On Sep 13, 2011, TNTurtle (4 reviews) from Chattanooga, TN

Posted on April 2, 2011, updated September 13, 2011 On Sunday, Feb 27th I ordered a lot of 100 bare root Allegheny Spurge (Pachysandra procumbens) online. A confirmation email arrived Monday and the order arrived on Thursday, just in advance of a winter storm. With 3" of rain I couldn't plant that week-end so I made sure the roots were moist and weIll packed in damp newspaper. I protected that with a zip lock (with the tops sticking out), put them back in their shipping box and into the fridge. It was just over two weeks before I could plant them, due to weather and previously made plans. They've been in the ground two weeks now and I've been watching for any sign of life. I've now seen two small green shoots! I would have given a Positive rating either way but I'm especially pleased that the roots survived the two weeks in the fridge.

On September 13th, 2011, TNTurtle added the following: As an update to my previous comments. Nearly 90% of the roots sprouted. This summer was a tough one with such a long drought. I did some supplemental watering but the ground was dry and hard much of the time. The young plants never wilted or showed any signs of stress. I am quite happy with my purchase and am looking forward to seeing them fill in over time.

On May 11, 2010, cnordloh (3 reviews) from Cincinnati, OH

Groundcover arrived in beautiful shape and was better than I had hoped for. Plants were bigger and better than I thought they would be. Would definitely use again

» Read the rest of the reviews