McMinnville, Tennessee 37111 (United States)
(931) 668-9898
(931) 668-7646

Notes

We are a 4th generation family nursery.

posted on August 8, 2007

Reviews:

Displaying the 11 most recent reviews

On Feb 8, 2021, Skelsey (1 reviews)

Boyd Nursery has awesome customer service and high quality plants! When I called I spoke to the owner himself who was incredibly kind and helpful! I was really pleased with my order for 5 beautiful boston ivies--I received 6! In the box were 6 little plants in moistened soil wrapped in plastic for cleanliness (so you don't get a dirt glitter bomb), and instructions on how to raise your new plant babies. I'm super impressed and would purchase from this company again in the future!

On May 12, 2018, pll173408 (1 reviews) from Chicago, IL

This was my 2nd time ordering vinca minor groundcovers and once again I have received high-quality plants. I am very pleased and so thankful that my order arrived at record speed. God Bless You, Folks!

On Apr 23, 2016, gscdixon (1 reviews) from Weatherford, TX

We recently ordered 40 Nellie R. Stevens hollies (rooted cuttings) and received them in about 6 days. They were snugly packaged and arrived in excellent condition. They looked so healthy that we ordered another 40 hollies a few days later. It has now been 3 weeks and they are all extremely healthy and putting on new growth. We are very pleased and will definitely purchase from this company again.

On Dec 9, 2015, texas_yard (1 reviews) from Corsicana, TX

I purchased 500 vinca minor plants this October 2015. Boyd Nursery was very prompt on delivering the plants and they were in excellent condition. I would highly recommend buying from Boyd Nursery..

On Nov 1, 2015, rkyle (1 reviews) from Murfreesboro, TN

Boyd's was helpful in selecting an appropriate ground cover. The plants were delivered right to the front porch. The plants were healthy and are thriving. I would heartily recommend the Boyd Nursery.

On Jun 29, 2015, joy2you (1 reviews) from Signal Mountain, TN

We ordered 1000 vinca minor plants from Boyd Nursery. This is such a nice company. You can tell they are a family-run nursery by the personal interest they take in your order. We received a couple of calls about our order and then one telling us the plants were on their way! The plants arrived in great shape, packed well. And the plants themselves are very nice--good size and healthy. The price was good too. Amazingly, we got all of them in the ground in two days and the area we put them will soon be green and beautiful! THANK YOU Boyd Nursery! Warmly, Tim and Carolyn

On Apr 11, 2015, bkissee (1 reviews) from Brentwood, TN

Easy to purchase vinca minor clumps. Got them a few days after I placed the order . Good quality plants and well packed. I believe that this was a good value . Will order from them again .

On Mar 2, 2015, kay18fan (1 reviews) from Santa Fe, TX (Zone 9a)

Unfortunately, I never received my order. I am very disappointed, because i really wanted these plants. In the two months since my payment was processed, I contacted Boyd's twice with inquiries, and a third time with a refund request. The first was responded to in several days with a promise to get my plants out the next week. The next inquiry, a couple of weeks later, was unanswered. Thankfully, when I requested a refund, it was granted. I am sure these are nice folks, but if you actually are interested in receiving your order, check elsewhere.

On Jul 2, 2012, musaboru (25 reviews) from (Zone 9b)

I purchased a combo of 5 'Sweet Thing' magnolia in late may. These arrived about two weeks later and are rooted cuttings as advertised. However, I was distraught with the packaging. The plants were placed in plastic sandwich bags with some soil and weren't even secured with a rubber band or tape at least. Not even wadded up newspaper to keep them from bouncing around in the box. The boxed arrived soggy and really damaged because of the moisture from the soil that had fallen out from the bags. Other than that, the plants are doing fine now almost two months later. These sweetbay magnolias are pretty hardy and can take a lot of abuse. Please put more care into the packaging please. Cons: poor packaging Pro: received an extra plant, thanks!

On Sep 13, 2011, TNTurtle (4 reviews) from Chattanooga, TN

Posted on April 2, 2011, updated September 13, 2011 On Sunday, Feb 27th I ordered a lot of 100 bare root Allegheny Spurge (Pachysandra procumbens) online. A confirmation email arrived Monday and the order arrived on Thursday, just in advance of a winter storm. With 3" of rain I couldn't plant that week-end so I made sure the roots were moist and weIll packed in damp newspaper. I protected that with a zip lock (with the tops sticking out), put them back in their shipping box and into the fridge. It was just over two weeks before I could plant them, due to weather and previously made plans. They've been in the ground two weeks now and I've been watching for any sign of life. I've now seen two small green shoots! I would have given a Positive rating either way but I'm especially pleased that the roots survived the two weeks in the fridge.

On September 13th, 2011, TNTurtle added the following: As an update to my previous comments. Nearly 90% of the roots sprouted. This summer was a tough one with such a long drought. I did some supplemental watering but the ground was dry and hard much of the time. The young plants never wilted or showed any signs of stress. I am quite happy with my purchase and am looking forward to seeing them fill in over time.

On May 11, 2010, cnordloh (3 reviews) from Cincinnati, OH

Groundcover arrived in beautiful shape and was better than I had hoped for. Plants were bigger and better than I thought they would be. Would definitely use again

» Read the rest of the reviews