The scoop on 'Seeds and Such, Inc.'

Seeds and Such, Inc.

85 East Powerline Road
Norman, Indiana 47264 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-321-9445

Comments:

Neutral jmkramer
Rock Hall, MD
July 9, 2020
I ordered on January 29, 2020. The seeds came promptly (probably a good idea to order early and avoid the primary complaint of slow delivery). Started seeds in February, germination was good. Problem appeared with fruit. The English sweet peas we ordered were about half sweet peas and half sugar snap. The speckled roman tomatoes were half red (as expected) and half nearly solid yellow (suspiciously like a banana leg tomato). In our experience they have poor quality control on their seed. We will not use them next year. Their prices are lowest in the industry but given the cost of seed is the lowest cost of growing a plant. Better to go with a reputable seed company.
Positive SPORTSMAN1
Hawley, MN (Zone 4a)
March 17, 2020
Orders 20 packets....all came. Small sizes. But that's OK. Will use them all up and order fresh again next year. Better germination with fresh seeds.
Neutral grannyh
Monroe City, MO (Zone 6a)
January 26, 2020
Yes I have ordered from SeedN'Such previously also...not so sure anymore.
Last year 2019 I ordered quite a few packs of seeds from SeedsN'Such. One of them was the Orange Blaze Bell Peppers..50ct/$10.50 plus shipping. Five of us gardening friends were going in on this to keep cost down, plus 10 seeds each was perfect for each of us. When the seeds arrived and we went to count them out there were only 43 seeds. I sent their company an email w/ a copy of my invoice to request the additional seeds be sent. They replied that they were sorry and they would send the seeds out immediately.
NEVER received the seeds they owed us,.. nor any more updates on why the delay.
Kind of hard to trust a company who does that.
Positive SBBDoc
Athens, AL
January 15, 2020
I started using this company last year when I received a seed catalog in mail. Just received my new shipment same week it was ordered so fast shipping is no problem.
They have a good sales pitch, purchase 20 packs or more and the price drops to $1.99 each...... and they got me both orders. I have had no problem with my orders and germination of seeds matched or better than what the packet described.
I also like checking my previous shipments with my online account. Seed N Such has been a good company for me to buy from and also get hard to find heirloom seeds at a good price.
Positive gracie246
Los Angeles, CA
January 11, 2019
We grow our vegetables in two Southern California community garden plots. I always start my seeds under lights and, when appropriate, with a heating mat. I have been buying most of my seeds from Fedco, but have lately wanted the most recently developed disease-resistant tomatoes because our community garden has rampant tomato disease, including late blight. When I perused the S&S catalog I was impressed by the breadth of their tomato and other vegetable offerings and decided to give the company a try. I put in a big order, mostly on faith because there were few reviews of the company. So far líve started extra early tomatoes, Katarina early cabbage and Artwork broccolini. Germination has been just short of 100%. I cannot comment on the longevity of the seeds, but will follow up this review to do so. At $2 a seed packet, S&S is a great resource for the small grower. The seeds were carefully packed and arrived promptly.
Positive qterhrs
Friedens, PA (Zone 5a)
July 25, 2017
Great prices and big selection. Placed a large seed and plant order this season and germination was high and plants came in good condition and when expected. Will use in seasons to come.
Positive rucereus
Carpentersville, IL (Zone 5a)
October 4, 2007
I found this company after seeing their product in a catalog. I ordered the large Nut Wizard . This is a great tool. I have several large walnut trees and this thing really works. Just roll it over the walnuts and they are contained in a basket. Hold the basket over a 5 gallon bucket and they drop right in. What a back saver.I wish I would have found the Nut Wizard years ago. I love it!!!