The scoop on 'Urban Farmer Seeds LLC'

Urban Farmer Seeds LLC

4105 W SR 32
Westfield, Indiana 46074 (United States)

Phone: 317-600-2807

Company Comment, posted on December 19, 2008:
This is a great eco-friendly company! These use recycled magazines to package all of their seed packages. If you plan to garden and want to be kind to the environment, use them! I love their seeds!

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Negative mtbloomers
Collegeville, PA
April 19, 2021
Ordered Potato starts in February. . They sent a tracking number that says label printed on April 2 and it is April 19th and still nothing. I contacted them and they said they were shipping them soon. Still nothing.......
Disappointed as potatoes here in PA need to be planted when the weather is cooler. My advice to them is to not sell what they cannot deliver in a reasonable amount of time. I cancelled the order today, we'll see how that goes.....
Negative GHFarm
Lexington, VA
April 19, 2021
Of the seven seed companies I bought from this year, only Urban Farmers' seeds had unacceptable germination. Some packets failed to germinate a single seed.
Negative VaBkeeper
Powhatan, VA
March 16, 2021
I received a partial order in January with one item marked ďback orderedĒ. I immediately contacted the company to ask approximately when my order would be completed. I called the phone number on their website and used their online contact form. I received no response. I tried to check my order status using their website and that failed. I tried to reset my password thinking that I may have made a mistake. That failed. After repeated attempts to contact this outfit by phone and email over the last two months I finally contacted my credit card company and disputed the unfulfilled portion of my order. They do not provide customer support and will not respond to phone calls and emails. Save your time and money and shop elsewhere.
Negative nlmartin
Saint Louis, MO
February 7, 2021
I haven't received my complete shipment and communication has been poor about when and if I will receive the rest. Order #328445.

I ordered (1/3/2021) off Urban Farmer's website. I received emails stating that my package would be arriving, with a tracking number and an invoice, which listed everything but my bare roots. My package arrived in a timely manner (1/9/2021). Unfortunately, 10 items were missing which were listed as having shipped. Since those items included potting soil as well as seeds and plant labels, I sent customer service an email (1/9/2021) asking if my order was split and inquiring about my bare roots which weren't listed on the packing invoice. After 2 weeks and no reply, I called and left a voicemail. On 1/22/2021 Ashton emailed me back. On 1/25/2021 Ashton confirmed that they were shipping the missing items via FedEx "Yes we have shipped the missing items today! The horseradish roots were a preorder item and will start shipping in March based on the zone you live in! Again, sorry about the missing items and you should be getting them via FedEx this week!" It's now 2/7/2021 and have have received neither tracking number nor my 10 missing items.
Positive MadScientistLif
Huntsville, AL
January 1, 2021
"I started a hydroponic garden ~1.5 years ago with herbs, lettuce, peppers, and tomatoes. Urban Farmer was recommended to me and they have gone beyond expectations! With 25-30 different seeds ordered, I've had 100% germination and plant growth rate. Even during the beginning of the pandemic when their order volume soared and stock was depleted, they clearly communicated updates. They even refunded an order and substituted a tomato seed order without be prompted. Their customer service is always very responsive and polite. I keep returning for all my gardening needs. In fact for the first time I ordered garlic for the winter and both blackberry & raspberry plants for Spring. Highly recommend! A definite gem in the seed business!"
Positive annmccallum
Williamstown, MA
December 30, 2020
All great! Website is easy to use, and the seeds have been excellent.
Positive JPETTER
Edna, TX
December 18, 2020
I have made many orders from Urban Farmer. All the seeds have been great. I love the ease of use of their site and the pricing is great. The shipping is also great and packaging is perfect. I will continue to order seeds from Urban Farmer.
Negative kfindley79
Greenville, AL
December 12, 2020
Shipping has been delayed nearly 3 weeks. When asked for assistance Urban Farmer simply said "that's normal for this time of year".

Maybe offer other options for shipping besides USPS?
Positive Cexe7
Sioux Falls, SD
December 12, 2020
I have ordered from Urban Farmer three separate times. I have received my seeds in a timely manner each time, within a week. Two of the orders during COVID delay and they still came through, which is impressive, from my perspective. The seeds are good quality and in the amount promised. I order vegetable seeds from UF.

The website search function gets funky at times, but if I use the dropdown function, I can find what I am looking for.

The prices are very good and the shipping costs reasonable.
Positive FlutterByBlue
Hughesville, PA
November 16, 2020
I found seeds on the Urban Farmer website that I had been looking for - easy to navigate the site and easy to checkout! My seeds shipped quickly and were well packaged! I will return to this site in the future to order my garden seeds!
Positive OrcasPear
EASTSOUND, WA
November 12, 2020
Quick response, quick delivery. Reasonable cost and shipping. I'll order again
Positive HerbFan
Portland, OR
November 11, 2020
The seeds arrived on time and in great shape. I've already gone back for more.
Positive morganrogue
Pearce, AZ
November 1, 2020
Always an amazing experience with amazing seeds. SUPER fast shipping and SUPER amazing seeds. Always pleased with my purchase.
Positive J_Clark
Odonnell, TX
October 1, 2020
I've always received prompt service and good quality sometimes hard to find products. I'm a repeat customer.
Positive PMichas
Highland, CA
September 27, 2020
I have been gardening for over 60 years and have now found Urban Farmer and one of the best sites for quality seeds and great service.
Positive Greenhornet_nc
Raleigh, NC
September 22, 2020
All seeds have come quickly with good germination/yield. Roots and bulbs seem to be scarce and not readily available, so order early and donít get your hopes up! Overall high quality products.
Positive Alach25
East Amherst, NY
September 21, 2020
Very happy with my purchases.
Shipping was fast, everything packaged nicely. Had pretty much 100% germination rate, all my veggies are growing nicely.
Positive Reds9090
Washington Court House, OH
August 31, 2020
Ordering is easy and delivery is quick. Always a great experience.
Positive sscarter
Harrison, AR
August 28, 2020
Great germination and fast shipping and reasonable shipping prices. I will keep buying from Urban Farmer.
Positive Daturkeymom
Berryville, VA
August 24, 2020
First, they had exactly what I was looking for (specialty carrot seeds). Second, they had a bunch of other flower seeds that I wanted at great prices. Third, I forgot to apply my discount code but emailed them right away and they took care if it on their end. Forth, everything arrived lickity split (very fast). Amazing!! Will be ordering again and again.
Neutral rchoski
Millington, TN
August 16, 2020
I haven't received my order yet.
Positive wcu
Dorr, MI
August 14, 2020
I have been dealing with Urban Farmers for a number of years now and havenít been disappointed yet. I love the variety of products and have had very good success with them, and the customer service has been outstanding I highly recommend Urban Farmers !!
Positive bllwrrn13
Deland, FL
August 12, 2020
Service was easy to use. Had seeds I was looking for late in the growing season when other providers were out of stock. Quick delivery at a fair price. I will definitely use Dave's Garden again.
Positive glpaige
Richmond, VA
July 26, 2020
I got a late start on my garden this year and ordered several packs of vegetable seeds from Urban Farmers. Most of them sprouted within a few days and have been doing great. I will definitely be ordering from Urban Farmers for the next growing season for sure, but much earlier this time. :-)
Positive chuckosmin
Quincy, FL
July 26, 2020
Ordered seeds, got seeds
Positive laura2020
Elgin, TX
July 25, 2020
I love the selection of seeds. I enjoy the information about all the plants. It is very easy to find what I need on the site. Very user friendly. All my seeds have sprouted except the articokes.
Positive CreeperJG
Newnan, GA
July 20, 2020
Have you ever been so taken aback by dumb question that you needed a moment to physically recover from the shock of the question... Well, I often ask this questions, and the lady I spoke to didn't even make me feel like a dummy. The staff was very helpful and tolerated my newbie questions admirably.

Additionally, I had a shipping notification within minutes of placing my order online. Fast, polite, knowledgeable, easy service. 10/10 would recommend.
Positive Sterlingthomas
Davenport, FL
July 15, 2020
I live in central Florida so my planting times are more in the late summer to fall time frame. I have ordered from Urban Farmer previously and have found the ordering very easy to understand. All of the seeds I have planted from Urban Farmer have germinated successfully and produced great crops. I am very pleased with my success using their seeds.
Positive Caitreylove
Long Beach, CA
July 13, 2020
Great seeds. Useful growing instructions. Love supporting a business from my home state!
Positive Peterlsax
Royal Oak, MI
July 4, 2020
I see many people here complaining about the lag in shipping time. I too found the shipping to be slower than Iíd expect, but a customer service person answered my email the day I sent it. Thereís a friggin pandemic on people, cut them a break.

More importantly ó the seeds I received from them have germinated at their reported rates with the exception of some herbs which I believe I mishandled. Quality of the greens and lettuce Iíve grown so far this season has been excellent, and my tomato plants are thriving. Iím looking forward to fruit a little down the road.
Negative Wellshoot
Groveland, FL
June 3, 2020
My story is as most that have ordered in the last few months. They got their payment, sent me a tracking number, and that is as far as it has gone. As the others, no return emails, no phone service. I did use paypal, and if they don't get a move on, I will go through them to request a refund.
order date- 5/20/2020 1:36 PM
Today is June 3rd.....Nuttin....Not a word...
Negative PABuglady
Slatington, PA
May 20, 2020
I placed my order, knowing there was going to be a covid delay but it took 39 days to get my order. I tried calling but they were not answering their phone. I emailed and got and answer saying there was still a delayed. I asked when I could expect my order and they never answered the email. On their website it said my order was completed on the 5th of June and they generated a tracking number but it was not shipped until May 16. When I did finally get my seeds, my coral bell seeds did not have the numbers in the packs that the package claimed. I took the time to count each seed. Will not order from again.
Negative M14Jackson
Thayne, WY
May 1, 2020
Ordered seeds on 6 Apr 2020. OK, COVID-19 delay accepted.
Order status updated to "Completed" on 28 Apr 2020.
Shipped by USPS, supposedly. Tracking info supplied.
When tracked, says tracking number created but no package receipt by USPS. That was 3+ days ago.
Attempted to contact Urban Farmer Seeds. Phone number removed and email contact form deleted from website.
Tried phone number from Google search. Got company but VM not accepting messages. They say they reachable, but clearly not.
I'm going to give them the weekend and then start CC fraud investigation.
Not Happy.
Positive Trashmonster
Portland, OR
April 16, 2020
There was a hiccup with my order due to the massive backlog of Covid-19 orders but their customer service was excellent and I had a resolution with 24 hours of reaching out. Looking forward to doing future business with them.
Negative reretaters
Long Beach,
United States
April 12, 2020
So I ordered my seedlings on March 23, 2020, it said that my seeds would ship according to my zone. Well, the shipping months in which they were supposed to ship have passed and one should be on the way. My shipping shows in progress and I've tried to reach out to customer service, call, and email. Well, there is no email or number i can even use to reach out. I've been scammed I can feel it! Something just doesn't feel right!
I went to BBB and filled to a scammer report and a bunch of other people have reported them too! I know ill never get my money back from them but i think i can call my bank and do something about the money!
Positive bighdz12
Chicago, IL
April 10, 2020
Love the variety of different vegetables you offer. I ordered some green peppers, red peppers, and carrots. I didn't notice the shipping delay( my bad). Since I already started my other vegetables indoors I ended up grabbing some at a box store. I'll have extra for next year which is a positive. I would recommend to family and friends.
Positive Jammerman
Whittier,
United States
April 5, 2020
Fast shipping and big, fat envelopes. 100% germination.
Positive Lulu2020
Vienna, VA
April 1, 2020
Great prices, variety, and amount of seeds per packet. Excellent germination rates.
Positive Klee1970
Preston, MD
March 27, 2020
Easy to follow website. Seeds were delivered I. Good condition and arrived very quickly.
Positive djhmo1
Springfield, MO
March 23, 2020
Excellent selection: I really liked that all the varieties that I wanted was on your website and costs of seed and shipping were very good. Shipping was very prompt. The only negative was some of the seed packets were a little light of seed. The seed amounts were clearly laid out upfront on the website, so it was not a surprise. But you can get 20 seeds in a packet for $3.00 or 600+ seeds in a ounce pack for $7.00. 20 seeds is too few and what am I going to do with 600 seeds? Seems like there should be a middle ground with a packet of maybe 50 seeds. Other than that, everything was perfect.
Thanx