Eden Brothers Seed Company

View Their Product Listing

34 Old Brevard Road
Asheville, North Carolina 28806 (United States)
1-877-333-6276

Reviews:

Displaying the 50 most recent reviews

On Jun 10, 2021, silkroad (8 reviews) from Lady's Island, SC (Zone 9a)

It's hard to give a review on merchandise you haven't received yet, but based on slow shipping, be warned that you will have to wait 7 to 14 BUSINESS DAYS, for your order, which is almost three weeks. My May 28th order has not yet been shipped. It is impossible to give a good review when it takes that long to ship something that is supposed to be in stock. Three weeks in gardening time is precious. I do a lot of on-line plant ordering, and this is very irregular. I don't think I will be ordering again. Too bad that I've placed two orders and have no shipping information on either.

On May 30, 2021, GrowMyPretties (1 reviews) from Seattle, WA

Was originally perusing this page to try to guesstimate shipping time, and felt compelled to second Brianabosch's review. I too ordered the ranunculus romantic mix and what is blooming is nothing like the picture of what I thought I was buying. Singles, mostly white and bright pink so far. I mean they're fine - they're still flowers - just not ones I'd have bought intentionally. No issues in the past with seeds, or other bulbs, other than not having much idea when things are going to ship. Funny enough, I just ordered a ton of their end of season sale bulbs and now am wondering what I'm going to actually end up with. Fingers crossed...

On May 27, 2021, Brianabosch (1 reviews) from Denver, CO

Ordered 300 ranunculus “romantic mix,” none are even close to the color represented in the photo (a lovely salmon/peach mix). They are white, pink, and ugly singles with black centers. So disappointed! This isn’t a first, either... ordered 200 dahlias from them last year and the colors were almost 100% wrong. Learned my lesson this time... never again!

On Apr 17, 2021, desmidlady (2 reviews) from Buena Vista, VA

I ordered fall-planting and spring-planting bulbs from Eden Brothers (peonies, daffodils, dahlias, and other items). All of the plants arrived in excellent condition and are thriving in my garden. I was particularly impressed with the peonies because four of them are already producing flowers in their first year - I didn't expect to see flowers for at least two years! The daffodils put on a spectacular display and I can't wait to see the dahlia flowers this summer!

Company representative comment on April 23, 2021:
On Apr 23, 2021 8:22 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Thank you so much for taking time to leave us a review! This was wonderful to receive! We are so thrilled that we could bring beauty and enjoyment to your garden. We thank you for being a loyal customer, and the opportunity to serve you throughout this time. We truly hope you enjoy the beautiful and amazing blooms of your Dahlias this Spring! Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at [email protected].

Happy gardening,
Eden Brothers Team

On Apr 6, 2021, simona007 (1 reviews) from Springfield, MO

i backordered in oct 6 last year 9 gigantic elephant years i got them yesterday very small and sad moldy looking about 2 inch not 7 to 9 as they advertise i know they dont care i will not buy from them again very dissapointed i work hard for my money i dont like somebody to lie to me .. no wonder why why couldnt rate their products on their website they are thiefs

Company representative comment on April 8, 2021:
On Apr 8, 2021 11:51 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

We value customer feedback and understand your frustration. We are sincerely sorry to hear that your Elephant Ear bulbs are not as expected. As noted on our website, these bulbs are measured by their circumference. For the Jumbo variety, these are 7-9 Inches in Circumference and the regular varieties are 5-7 Inches in Circumference.

Please rest assured, the size of the bulb only indicates the age of the plant, and when it was harvested in the season, and will not reflect the viability and quality of the bulb/root. Also, please keep in mind these have been dormant in the ground prior to harvest. Their current size and/or eye development will not affect the final appearance or size of the plant once it has reached maturity.

Any surface mold is normal and natural since all of our bulbs are untreated, and will not impact the viability of the bulbs.

However, if any of the bulbs are mushy or soft, or, are significantly smaller than our advertised size, we certainly wish to make this right and would be are covered under our Guarantee.

We ask that you please reach out to our customer service team at [email protected] and we’re happy to help provide a resolution for you.

Best regards,
Eden Brothers Customer Service

On Feb 27, 2021, davesgardensfu (1 reviews) from Smithfield, VA,
United States

I ordered National Pickling cucumber and Clemson Spineless okra garden seeds from Eden Brothers on Wednesday, 2/24/2021 and I received them on Saturday, 2/27/2021. I used standard shipping. I appreciate it when companies ship promptly and I will be ordering more from them in the future.

Company representative comment on April 8, 2021:
On Apr 8, 2021 11:55 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad to hear that your seeds arrived safely and in a timely manner! Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future.

On Feb 19, 2021, Spotty_dotty (2 reviews) from Bellevue, WA

I bought several seeds in Dec. 2020 from Eden Brothers. They arrived without delay and all look good. Some of them are in generic seed packets with a small sticker containing specific plant info on them, while others have packets specific to the seed they contain. I wanted to leave reviews on their website for the lobelia seeds that have germinated well, as well as to warn others not to make the same mistake I did by buying perennial Baby's Breath without checking to see if (1) it's known for spreading uncontrollably, and (2) it's classified as a noxious weed (spoiler--it is a Class C noxious weed in WA State). I left both a positive review about how well the lobelia "magic carpet" has germinated, as well as a cautionary one about the perennial Baby's Breath. It has been several days and neither review shows up on their website, nor have I been contacted via email about the reviews. Why have an option on your website for reviews if the reviews mean nothing and are never listed?

Company representative comment on February 22, 2021:
On Feb 22, 2021 12:59 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for submitting your feedback on your received seed packets. We apologize for any frustration with our generic packets that you received. We use generic packets to fill seed packets in times when the regular printed packets have run out or are temporarily not available. Please note, all of our planting information can be found on our website, under our Planting Guide section. Regarding our posted reviews - all our reviews are processed in batches all at once, which can cause a delay in posting. It's common for scammers to take advantage of this platform, and as such, it takes additional steps for reviews to post. We truly value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Eden Brothers Team

On Jan 8, 2021, Express128 (21 reviews) from Mansfield, TX

Had a saved flower mix in cart, was priced at $27.16 per lb, TWO days later it’s $40.95 lb!!! That’s a big price increase.

Company representative comment on January 11, 2021:
On Jan 11, 2021 9:49 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for trusting Eden Brothers for your flower seeds and bulbs. We value customer feedback and understand your frustration. Due to the impacts of the Coronavirus, our growers have been unable to keep up with recent demand and have not gotten stock to us quickly. We have also experienced supply chain disruptions, and other delays outside of our control that have resulted in limited quantities of some items. In addition, some of our mixes were underpriced and already in need of an update. All that is to say, we hope this helps explain the increase you saw, and that you’ll continue to shop with Eden Brothers in the future. We assure you we’ll always strive to provide the highest quality product at a fair price. Please feel free to reach out to our customer service team at [email protected] if you have any questions. We’re happy to help and provide a resolution for you!

On May 8, 2020, SummmerRain (1 reviews) from Milwaukee, WI

I ordered Autumn Bell (sweet red bell pepper) seeds from Eden Brothers this spring. I planted 9 seeds. None germinated. I have 20+ years growing vegetables from seed, including several years as a market gardener so I know how to germinate seeds. I also planted 14 Fresno pepper seeds that I purchased from another vendor and all 14 germinated and haver produced vigorous seedlings. I contacted Eden Brothers' customer service. They responded within 48 hours (today) and stated that they would provide a full refund, including s/h. I won't order seeds from them again. I did so this year because it was the only vendor with the Autumn Bell seeds in stock.

Company representative comment on May 14, 2020:
On May 14, 2020 12:57 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your feedback regarding your Pepper seeds. Again, we are sincerely sorry that these seeds didn't grow as expected. We do appreciate you reaching out to us directly, as we do guarantee all of our products and are always happy to work with our customers. We hope we can earn your business again in the future.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

On May 6, 2020, emendoza99 (3 reviews) from El Paso, TX

I ordered 100+ La Belle Epoque Romantic Mix tulips last year. When I received the bulbs, they were so healthy looking compared to others I had ordered from other companies. Also, just about all of the bulbs bloomed the following spring. Just gorgeous beautiful flowers. I also ordered 50ish ranunculus last year. I planted in the fall and in early spring they all bloomed, but were not the blend had I had ordered. They were beautiful, but had been mislabeled. I contacted Eden Brothers and they were so kind, understanding, and willing to work with me. They rectified the situation and I am super happy to continue doing business with them. Great customer service.

Company representative comment on May 14, 2020:
On May 14, 2020 1:08 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Emendoza99,

We truly appreciate your thoughtful review and kind words. The La Belle Tulips are truly a beautiful variety. We also thank you for reaching out to us directly regarding your Ranunculus bulbs. We are always happy to work with our customers with any issues! Again, we thank you for understanding and working with us!

On Mar 28, 2020, Tjwinca (1 reviews) from Sonora, CA

Ordered about $100 worth of flower seeds including California Poppies, Zinnia, Hollyhock, 2 different kinds of Marigold, Lupine, Cosmos, Sunflower and 3 different kinds of papaver somniferum: Bread Seed, Blue Moon, and Grape. Just the Blue Moon and Bread Seed came with the order. I planted 5 different flats with 72 pods in each flat with 2 types of marigold sunflower, lupine, zinnia, holly hock, and blue moon and bread seed poppy. All of the seeds were sprouted under the exact same conditions with good sprouting mix, consistant watering and sunlight/warmth conditions. All seeds sprouted and grew with a >80% germination rate EXCEPT the Blue Moon and bread seed poppies of which not one single seed germinated. I have emailed Eden Brothers this information twice and have receive no response what-so-ever from the company. I’ll be shopping elsewhere in the future.

Company representative comment on April 3, 2020:
On Apr 3, 2020 8:40 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,

We were able to locate your order with the information that you provided. Our records show that we responded to your first email on 2/26/20 and the 2nd email on 3/21. We must assume that youremail settings have caused our responses to go to your Spam folder.

To reiterate what we communicated in our email: As our planting instructions indicate on EdenBrothers.com,poppies need to go through a cool period before sprouting. We recommend growing them directly in the ground because they have very sensitive tap roots and do not transplant well. You are welcome to contact us at 828-633-6338 for additional assistance, Monday through Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM Eastern.

On Feb 6, 2020, souredkraut (1 reviews) from Dayton, OH

I placed an order for 3 of the smallest packets of seeds, which arrived 5 days later (good) but the $4.99 shipping charge was gouging (the total combined weight of these 3 packets is less than half an ounce). The real problem, however, is the appalling quality of what I received! The 3 seed packets are generic and have no image of the plant (quite disappointing), and I was shocked that the labels (stickers that were haphazardly applied to the packets only to name the plant) were lacking Latin names from the genus and species system AND had absolutely no information whatsoever about planting the seeds. I am entirely disappointed and dissatisfied with these chintzy seed packets. Their website says I can mail the packets back at my own expense for refund for the packets only (less the $4.99 shipping of course). I emailed my comments and immediately received an auto reply promising a reply in 24-48 hours. Just thankful that I didn't have these packets sent directly to my grandkids! Buyer BEWARE

On Feb 13, 2020 10:11 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your feedback on your seed packets. We apologize that you feel disappointed with your order. Whenever someone sends us an email, they receive an auto-email advising of our response time, and we are here Monday through Saturday 9am to 5pm. We received an email in the evening, and responded the next morning as soon as we could get to it. We try to keep our shipping costs as low as possible, and we run free shipping promotions through our special offers regularly. Also, we are moving toward converting ALL of our 1,000+ seed varieties to packets with pictures & growing information on the back, and all of our planting information and Latin names are on our website.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

On May 26, 2019, Epicycle (1 reviews) from Chicago, IL

I wanted to like Eden Brothers, after all, their prices are competitive and their customer service via telephone was polite and clear. But our order was so messed up that it left us just shaking our heads. Our order was simple, 10 of one variety of hosta, and a mixed bag of 25 hosta roots with what should have been 4 or 5 varieties. All together I was charged approximately $120 for the 35 roots. The order was processed and shipped approximately 2 weeks later than promised, and when it arrived the order was missing more than half the roots, and those that were packed were exceedingly small, some were so small that I simply felt taken advantage of. I wrote them to ask for replacement roots and they kindly obliged with healthier medium size root systems. But in the end the 25 root variety pack that they re-sent had only ONE variety of roots, a green with white trim variety, and there they are in my garden just unfurling now, all the same. I don't like leaving anything less than glowing reviews to folks who are trying to make our blessed Earth greener, but we are truly heartbroken about this, we tried twice, and we don't like to bicker, not with fellow growers, so now what? Now there is nothing to do but walk away and shop elsewhere next time. We could have bought a nice tree for that price locally.

On Feb 13, 2020 10:50 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your feedback. We apologize for the issues with the order that you had in the spring! That is definitely unusual that the mixed bag had only one variety in it.

We are having troubles locating an order for you with the information provided; if you’d like to provide us more information, please just let us know, and we’d be happy to notate this correspondence on your order or happy to make it right for you.

Please contact us if you have any additional concerns or questions. Our email is [email protected] and our phone number is 828-633-6338. We are here Monday through Saturday 9am to 5pm.

Eden Brothers

On May 3, 2019, BostonPlanted (11 reviews) from Boston, MA (Zone 5b)

Received order quickly after ordering and the seeds were of great quality.

On Feb 13, 2020 10:51 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so happy that you love your seeds!

On Apr 27, 2019, OrcasPear (2 reviews) from EASTSOUND, WA

Received prompt, well packaged bulbs as ordered with a coupon for future purchases and a free seed packet. Thanks!

On Feb 13, 2020 10:55 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

We are so glad to hear that your bulbs arrived safely! Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future.

On Oct 28, 2018, toddamartin (1 reviews) from Lexington, KY

I ordered two peony tubers. There was an issue with one of them (hard to tell before opening), so I emailed them. That was on a Monday evening. They replied on a Tuesday, and they shipped a great replacement priority mail the next day.

On Feb 13, 2020 10:58 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words! We are very glad that you received our replacement quickly and safely. We hope that the bulbs have grown well as well!

On Aug 26, 2018, marieliamfiona (1 reviews) from Brooklyn, NY

I ordered tuberous begonias to try a new company Eden (since can't really find the REAL Anatonelli bulbs-- though Cal Begonias was OK) but 4 did not bloom at all and 2 were very wimpy --all the bulbs were very small--any suggestions where to buy next year are welcome. Also tried a new company for Calla Lillies--Holland Bulbs only 2 of the 5 types bloomed --one only 1 flower All above are in pots with fresh soil in the same place on my deck. But I have a question re Callas----now I try to save them in winter--but before that--a few years ago I would dump the soil bulbs and all in my garden and one survived winter and came up here in Brooklyn NY. How could that happen? This year I have non-blooming Callas all over my garden. Should I pull them up and try to save them for next year?

On Sep 12, 2018 11:08 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your feedback regarding your begonia tubers. We are terribly sorry to hear that they didn't come up as expected, and we apologize that you were disappointed by your order! Sadly, we're unable to find an order for you with the information in your review, but we are more than happy to assist you with this issue. We encourage customers to reach out to us right away via phone (828-633-6338, Monday through Friday, 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. Eastern) or email ([email protected]) so we can review the purchase and the details of your situation and work on a resolution. Feel free to contact us with additional questions.

On Feb 23, 2018, AaronWa (1 reviews) from Centreville, VA

I own my own landscaping business and I always get my seeds from Eden Brothers. Before I started using Eden Brothers seeds I would have times when the seed quality was poor and would result in poor germination which would cost me money. I don't have to worry about that anymore because my seeds always do really well with Eden Brothers. They have a life long customer in me!

On Sep 12, 2018 11:02 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello AaronWa,

Thank you for posting such a thoughtful review. We do our best to ensure that we're sending out 100% pure seed, with a high germination rate so that our customers can be confident that even their biggest planting projects will come up as expected. It's delightful to know that we've become your go-to retailer for your flower seed needs. We look forward to getting the chance to serve you in the future!

Kind Regards,

On Jan 4, 2018, MaddyLaw82 (1 reviews) from AROCK, OR

Eden Brothers always seems to have the best deals I can find if you sign up for their e-mail list. I have been buying from them the past few years and always have had a high germination rate on their seeds. They also are non GMO which is a huge plus in my book. You can't go wrong with Eden.

On Sep 12, 2018 11:00 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello MaddyLaw82,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly appreciate your review. We're delighted to know that we're able to provide you such a worthwhile value so consistently. We're always happy to receive such warm compliments. Thank you so much for being a returning customer, and we can't wait to have the opportunity to supply for seeds for many growing seasons to come!

On Dec 11, 2017, GregWilliams (1 reviews) from Atlanta, GA

Great website with a large variety of bulbs and seeds. Some of the best deals I have seen when you join their e-mail list. Have always had great results with my purchases.

Company representative comment on December 12, 2017:
On Dec 12, 2017 11:14 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave us a review! This was wonderful to receive! We are so thrilled that we could bring beauty and enjoyment to your garden, and your satisfaction is the greatest recognition we could have. We thank you for being a loyal customer, and the opportunity to serve you throughout this time. We truly hope to still see you many years from now.

Thank you again!

Kindest regards,

On Dec 7, 2017, DaisyLaura64 (1 reviews) from Asheville, NC

I bought bulbs for my daughter-in-law and some seeds for my own garden. They came quickly which was nice. I had to change my address so I called customer service and was disappointed that they didn't pick up. They called me back in the morning and kindly let me know that they weren't open when I called, but they returned my call as soon as they got into the office. Silly me for not checking their hours! ;) They were happy to change my address and the package came as normal. My seeds bloomed beautifully and my DIL is excited to see her blooms in the spring. Thank you, Eden Brothers!

Company representative comment on December 12, 2017:
On Dec 12, 2017 12:16 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hi DaisyLaura64,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave us a review! These are always wonderful to receive! We are so happy to hear that you have been pleased with your purchases and that we could be part of bringing such beauty and enjoyment to your garden, and your satisfaction is the greatest recognition we could have. We also hope that your daughter-in-law also enjoys her blooms next year! We thank you for being a loyal customer, and the opportunity to serve you throughout this time. We truly hope to still see you many years from now.

Thank you again!

Kindest regards,

On Dec 6, 2017, LaurenShiner (1 reviews) from TAMPA,
United States

I purchased the 60 days of Lilies, 10 bulbs, Item# LLFH 114-9999 -qb10 for just under $30 (plus $9 postage) as an early Christmas gift for a friend who lives in another state. They described the bulbs as 14cm to 16 cm. 14cm = 5.5inches. I'm a landscape designer, so I know zones and usual bulb sizes, so this sounded like a good value. My friend says they're the size of a small garlic bulb. That does not sound like minimum 5.5 inches. PLUS, it's a variety pack, meaning the bulbs will grow to a variety of heights. How do you place them in your garden if you don't know how big they'll get? Well, we'll never know because they did not label them. Add to the fact that they recommend they be planted at 6" deep. That's fine for a 5.5" bulb, but not for a 2.5" bulb. I told her not to plant them that deep. Obviously, since it's a gift, I can't ask her to return them. Eden should know that plants vary in size and price accordingly. See, this is why I don't usually buy online.

Company representative comment on December 7, 2017:
On Dec 7, 2017 3:58 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for taking the time to email us directly and post a review on Dave’s garden. We are truly sorry to hear that you, and your friend, were disappointed by your order! We do apologize for any confusion with the bulb size, as the measurements refer to the circumference of the bulb, not the diameter. We can assure you, however, that we work hard to provide quality products as advertised on our website. In this case, our Lily Mix contains bulbs that range between 14cm- 16cm in circumference, which correlates with our posted information. The size received is a characteristic sized-bulb for these Lilies, in the 14cm – 16cm range, so please don’t be deterred by their size. We are terribly sorry that they were not as expected, but we can guarantee they will still result in big, beautiful blooms! We also recommend planting these bulbs 5 -6 inches deep to these plants stability at their mature height.

For all of our mixes, these arrive to us pre-packaged by our grower; multiple varieties (as shown on the website), mixed into one package. This is a general industry standard for mixed bulbs to be packaged into one bag, as many times these mixes are used for larger scale projects with a budget. This is why we incorporate price breaks on mixes, compared to buying the varieties individually. Again, we’re are sincerely sorry that what you were expecting, differed from what you received.

We are having troubles locating an order for you with the information provided; if you’d like to provide us more information, please just let us know and we’d be happy to notate this correspondence on your order.

Please feel free to contact us with additional questions.

Courtney
Customer Service

On Oct 14, 2017, AnnaWild (2 reviews) from Kansas City, MO

Ordered seeds as well as some spring planted peonies and dahlias this past spring (2017). The peonies were a two pack of Myrtle Gentry and three pack 'Bridal bouquet'. One of the tubers in the bridal bouquet was rotted, which was sad. I called their very friendly customer service and before I could even offer them photos of the tuber in question they sent out a replacement. I probably shouldn't have attempted spring planting so late (end of April) but they all came up and grew to about ten inches tall with 3 stems and a couple with 4 stems. Much more lush than the tiny single stick sent up by the one from the box store. No flowers, but none were expected this year. Hopefully they'll do better this coming spring. Dahlias were also of the Bridal Bouquet variety. Of the five only two have bloomed at all this year, which is too bad, but I am hoping they're putting all of that energy into tubers. So far I have been very happy with their seeds when sprouted in pots, though the willy nilly tossing them about method did not work for me- most likely user error ;) Will order from them again.

On Sep 21, 2017, Mia_Lousie (6 reviews) from Evanston, IL

Eden Brothers have branched out from selling seeds into offering bulbs and perennials. Not a good thing. Their stock is unreliable (not what was ordered) and small. Disappointing.

Company representative comment on September 25, 2017:
On Sep 25, 2017 9:52 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about the bulbs. We are terribly sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your order! Unfortunately, we can't locate an order for you with the minimal information provided on this website, but we sure hope that you contacted us for a resolution. If there is ever any question in the size of the bulbs received being different than the size advertised on our site or if the blooms are inconsistent with what is expected, we encourage customers to reach out to us right away via phone (828-633-6338) or email ([email protected]) so we can review the purchase and the situation and offer a resolution. Feel free to contact us with additional questions.

Crystal
Customer Service

On Jun 7, 2017, Shour1977 (1 reviews) from Irving, TX

I ordered peonies bulbs and the order came on time and in good condition . Bulbs were very healthy to see. I was in touch with them via email and there Response was fast. Over all happy with my bulbs . Best service, Most trust worthy and reliable. Will recommend to my family and friends. Very happy with the service. Thank you Eden Brothers. You guys are awesome.

On Dec 1, 2016, RyderSmith (1 reviews) from East Bend, NC

Drove several hours to purchase from the seed company in person as I was planting several 100 yard rows of flowers for my daughters wedding in August and had a ton of questions as this was my first attempt to plant such a huge area of flowers that needed to bloom at an exact time. A very knowledgeable gentleman helped me for close to 6 hours as I needed specific colors,heights, density and flowering times. After buying several pounds of seeds I planted everything exactly as the directions said and some helpful tips from the gentleman for my specific situation. Germination happened within a couple weeks and by July everything was doing great. As my daughters wedding date became nearer flowers started blooming and by her actual wedding day everything I planted was in full bloom and literally was a show stopper. I couldn't have felt more proud of what I accomplished and to see everyone's faces in awestruck especially my daughters. I seriously could not have accomplished this without Eden Brothers vast selection of seeds and their help, the gentleman gave me his personal number for me to call if I had any questions and I did several times and without fail he always picked up and had answers to my questions. Thank you Eden Brothers!

On Oct 3, 2016, lraff1 (4 reviews) from Colorado Springs, CO

Posted on September 13, 2016, updated October 3, 2016 I have spent several days trying to obtain a REFUND from Eden Brothers due to incorrect tubers shipped 2 years in a row, as well as a 75% failure rate of this year's tubers. They adamantly refuse to grant a refund, even with photos that show their plants vs the other 150 dahlias we have that are thriving. They stand by a policy of only offering a credit to the account or replacing the tubers next season. The question I asked them is why, after 2 years of problems with their products would I want to either have them replaced, or buy more? My mother and I plant an extensive dahlia garden. We are active members of the National Capital Dahlia Association as well as the ADS. Mom will be 79 years old when we plant in the spring. We don't know how many more years we can do a huge garden. Why would we want to waste space on what has proven to be an incorrect plant, or substandard plants? Last year, Eden asked us for photos of the ones that were incorrect, however, I filed a complaint after they had finished flowering. This year they shipped us poor quality tubers as well as incorrect tubers again. So I have diligently photographed every plant, or stake and empty space where a plant should have grown, including the tags with the variety, size, form,color, origin and origin year of the tuber. Now that isn't even satisfactory. They claim we should have notified the of the poor tuber conditions before planting. However, we have planted tubers of dubious condition in the past and they have grown into successful plants. Shame on us for not complaining our heads off during spring planting, I guess. We will never do business with Eden again and I would strongly suggest that anyone else think twice before ordering their products.

On October 3rd, 2016, lraff1 added the following: Eden Brothers has been very difficult and contentious to deal with. In any case, a "guarantee" should include the option for a refund, not just a credit or replacement. In my case I had extremely valid reasons for requesting a REFUND vs a CREDIT which were nastily refuted by Eden customer service. Two years in a row, they have shipped the wrong plant based on descriptions in their catalog. 75% of their plants this year were failures. The response I got blamed their grower for packaging the wrong tubers for the items that got ordered. EXCUSE ME, but where is that standing behind their product? If they stand behind their products, they should be exerting some quality control over their growers and monitoring the plants that grow from their stock. The solution we arrived at was not acceptable to us. We agreed to take 2 gift certificates that we can give away as presents to friends who also garden, but who hopefully aren't going to buy dahlias with them. We are basically done with Eden Brothers.
Company representative comment on September 29, 2016:
On Sep 29, 2016 3:13 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review about your Dahlias. We have expressed our sincere apologies to you via email that some of them did not grow as well as expected and that some did not bloom as expected. We appreciate that you took the time to send us photos, as we do require all customers with a similar complaint to send photos for us to review. We did agree that your results were either likely due to a faulty tuber or something that had been accidentally mislabeled and we offered the choice of a replacement or a store credit. These are the two options that we offer in a situation like this. There is not an option for a refund. Here is the link to our posted Guarantee: http://www.edenbrothers.com/store/guarantee.html

We are always happy to review any complaint for any order for a possible store credit or replacement.

After this review was posted, we did receive your request to receive a store credit, which has already been issued to you via email and can be used on any future purchase with us. We appreciate you allowing us to resolve this situation for you!

On Aug 28, 2016, Ebdolan (1 reviews) from Cottage Grove, WI

I did not receive the purple asiatic lilies I ordered; instead,I received ugly yellow tiger lilies. The first year the rabbits devoured the lilies so I never saw them bloom. This year I spent so much energy protecting the 2 dozen lilies from rabbits only to be extremely disappointed that they were not what I ordered. Wow what a waste of time and money. Eden Brothers refused to correct their error. I even offered to send back the ugly lilies. I will never order from them again. Looks like they are careless with their orders and Who wants to spend all that time planting only to discover it's not what you wanted. Even if they correct the order it doesn't compensate your time.

On Sep 1, 2016 2:38 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,
We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your purchase. The order to which you are referring was shipped to you in March of 2015. Unfortunately, because it was placed longer than a year ago and because you contacted us after that had finished blooming and could not provide a photo of them, we are not able to conduct a thorough review. We are always happy to review any order where there is suspicion of a possible mix-up. Please feel free to reference our Guarantee, which can be viewed here: http://www.edenbrothers.com/store/guarantee.html

On Jul 28, 2016, ictoasnrn (1 reviews) from Corning, NY

Ordered Papaver Somniferum seeds, received Charlock seeds. Thanks for introducing an invasive weed to my area. I haven't seen it anywhere else around here except in my flower bed now.

On Sep 1, 2016 2:29 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your purchase. We can assure you, however, that the Charlock that is growing in your area did not come from the seeds that we provided. All of our seeds are tested for germination and purity, which far exceed industry standards. Our poppy seeds generally have a purity of 99.5% or higher. Meaning that there is less than half of a percent chance that your package would contain anything other than poppy seeds (i.e. inert non-seed matter, another variety of seed, etc.). Additionally, we do not sell Charlock and would not have a way to send them to you. From what I have seen from researching this plant is that it is in the brassica family and the seeds look much different than poppy seeds.

The most common reason one would see a species other than the one that they planted is by inadvertently pulling dormant seeds to the surface when preparing the planting area. Tilling or turning over the soil can very often bring dormant seeds to the surface and give them life again.

On Jul 18, 2016, marinaradad (3 reviews) from Livermore, CA

I ordered seeds for my vegetable garden and daylilies for my flower border that flanks the walkway up to our front door. The daylily tubers were healthy and almost immediately began sending out growth. My vegetable garden, which I grew all from seed this year, is doing fantastic. I started almost all my seeds in containers and I would say that there was over 90% germination. Squash, tomatoes, peppers, corn, tomatillos, cucumbers all sprouted quickly and true to form. Very happy with my purchase, I have had no need to call in to customer service. Product arrived quickly and well packaged. More than satisfied, will order again from this company.

On Sep 1, 2016 2:39 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Excellent!! Thank you for sharing!

On Jun 29, 2016, Fetustician (1 reviews) from Fairview, TN

I tried this company after many successful planting from American Meadows. I wanted summer flowers for my bee hives. I cleared about an acre of grass (roundup, plus where possible burning the grass, or light tilling, or simply raking elsewhere). I spread 15 lbs of the southeast mix and the perennial mix and growth has been VERY weak. Yet we had good rainfall (NOAA: 10" in 60 days). Not sure what would have caused such poor germination but the lower price they had surely was not a bargain. They did not offer to do a partial reshipment either.

On Sep 1, 2016 2:15 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,

You had reached out to us previously about this issue and provided photos of your planting area. The conditions of your growing areas look far from ideal. The areas appear to be very dry and there is a lot of dead and dry grass thatch covering the area. It does not look like this area was tilled prior to planting and it looks to have received very little water recently. Additionally, using round up to clear an area can be tricky, as it can be equally as harmful to wildflowers as to weeds and grasses.

To experience the best results from our seeds, we recommend the planting process described on our website, here: http://www.edenbrothers.com/store/how_to_grow_wildflower_see...

It appears from the photos that these guidelines were not followed, so, per our posted guarantee (which you can review here: http://www.edenbrothers.com/store/guarantee.html) I am afraid there is no compensation that we can offer.

On Mar 18, 2016, garden2016 (1 reviews) from San Jose, CA

I just sent a complaint to Better Business Bureau for this website. They cancelled my order stating that the item is unavailable. However, I found out that they still list the item but for a higher price than the price that I paid. I even sent them an email to confirm and they admitted that they can not sell it for the price. If they can not sell it for the price then why did they even listed that sale price. They should have been responsible for their misleading advertising. I called the customer service rep and she was so rude to me on the phone. She was talking loud and tried to argue with me about their mistake. She even said that I can go ahead to file a complaint. What a dishonest and unprofessional company. Will not ever purchase anything from here again. Consumers please be aware.

Company representative comment on March 30, 2016:
On Mar 30, 2016 10:32 AM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

There was a pricing error on our website at the time you placed the order and unfortunately we could not fulfill the quantity ordered for the price originally paid. This was an error and we are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused, however, as soon as the error was discovered we contacted you and offered a full refund for the selection that we could not provide. It is difficult for us to understand your reaction to this situation. We contacted you more than 6 months before the expected shipping date of your Fall bulbs and worked proactively to ensure minimal inconvenience and to provide a fair resolution to this issue. After your escalation through email and over the phone, we offered a substitute at a discounted price if that would be preferable to the refund for you. When you did not respond to this offer, we decided to go ahead with the initially proposed refund. However, before we could refund the item, you opened a case in PayPal, freezing the funds paid for your entire order—including the amount paid for items you have already received. This means that at this time you have now received more than $50 of products on this order for free. We are happy to work with you to reach a resolution that is mutually agreeable to all parties involved, however we cannot do this without speaking with you directly. We invite you to please contact us at your convenience so that we can resolve this situation. We understand that it might have been disappointing to have the Fall portion of your order adjusted, but we truly feel we handled this situation in the most responsible way we could.

On Jan 10, 2016, Spades429 (1 reviews)

Okay so I don't normally write reviews for stuff but for this company I'll go the extra mile. So not to long ago I got smashed(I think it was New Years), had a fun time, ya know beer pong, kings cup, hurling in the john. Anyways I walked home at some point and went to bed. I got super early because room mate came back and woke me up. I was still slightly tanked but I was thinking clearly, and I said to myself, "Self, ya know US currency isn't backed by gold, dollar could crash any minute now, might be a good idea get some shtf seeds in case ya gotta go off the grid, gnome sayin?" So I went online and found Eden Brothers, they hooked me up with what I needed even got a discount and free shipping. Now I can sleep easy knowing that I have their product. But that's not even the best part! I also requested in their comment section a drawing of a T Rex, and they actually delivered! It was well drawn and nicely proportioned. I will keep and cherish this masterpiece for years. I don't think I can upload pics on here but I can assure that these guys are pros at drawing! 10/10 would buy again. Highly recommend. Also the seeds are good quality too btw.

Company representative comment on January 14, 2016:
On Jan 14, 2016 4:20 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your business and the laughs!

On Aug 17, 2015, SoCalGal2 (2 reviews) from Murrieta, CA

Eden Brothers is simply wonderful! I have ordered several times from them and I receive great packaging and fresh prolific seeds. The Poppy and Wildflower seeds are breathtaking when they flower. I researched and planted at the correct time for zone 9b and I still have abundant beautiful poppies blooming. I just bought more! I prefer the 1/4lb and 1lb packages so I can overseed. Best is when you sign up and get emailed they have free shipping on everything with no minimum, or sometimes they offer 20% off AND free shipping. Honestly, I will never buy my seeds anywhere else if Eden Brothers has them. I can trust them and you can too! Highly recommended!

On Jul 30, 2015, Tuckersmom (1 reviews) from (Patti) Wichita, KS (Zone 6b)

I placed a small order (eight packages of seed) on July 25. I received my order on July 29. The seed pricing was good and shipping was very reasonably priced. Also, in the comment section of the online order form, I had asked that they "please do not substitute any seeds. If seed is not available please credit my card." On the receipt enclosed in my order, this was not only typed out, it was highlighted in orange. I knew they took my request seriously. They were able to fill my order in its entirety. I was quite happy with this company and will definitely order seeds from them again.

On May 30, 2015, Justicek (1 reviews) from Carlsbad, CA

I ordered Dahlias for my garden bed this year, and received them in March - just in time for planting in my area. It was strangely hot here during April and I couldnt find the time to plant, kicking myself for purchasing something that I was letting die. Life got away from me and they sat in the box for WEEKS before I could plant them on Mother's Day weekend. Well, when I brought the dahlia tubers out of the bags, each one had signs of life with growth and greenery! I was giddy when I planted them, excited that all hope was NOT lost, and now weeks later they are all growing wonderfully. Great, healthy product from a great company, thanks Eden Brothers.

On May 4, 2015, LVerrico (8 reviews) from Collins, NY

This was my very first order with this company I had been wanting to try them but wasn't sure do to some things i had read. Well i will have to say it was a very good experience. Ordered some lily bulbs they were pulled and packed the day after i ordered the shipping USPS statues was sent and i had my order in two business days. The account rep who i was dealing with Crystal was just great to work with made it so easy and returned my emails asap such a great way to make a new customer feel. I will be ordering again. Thank you Eden Brothers

On Apr 17, 2015, leroyarcher14 (1 reviews) from Crowley, LA

Just received my orde 1 ounce giant poppy seeds took four days to arrive excellent seller

On Apr 9, 2015, suzziesw (1 reviews) from Portland, OR

For the third year in a row, I have ordered my dahlias from Eden Brothers. They come well-packaged in dirt and are big and healthy. Many of them have sprouts and are ready to be planted. I was able to find Cafe au lait Dahlias, which are my favorite. I'm excited to get these in the ground! I have had success with my orders through Eden Brothers and my emails are answered in a timely fashion. Will order from Eden Brothers again!

On Apr 9, 2015, truh (2 reviews) from North Kingstown, RI (Zone 6b)

When you place an order, you're given two choices: 1. email about the order status AND sales email, or 2. no email. The sales email comes out every darn day. It is possible to stop all email, but how annoying that wanting to know your order status causes all this spam. I've ranked them neutral because I haven't yet received my order yet, so I can't comment on that.

Company representative comment on May 7, 2015:
On May 7, 2015 4:29 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Hello,

Customers are welcome to unsubscribe from promotional emails by simply clicking the "SafeUnsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email. Doing so will not prevent order confirmation or tracking emails from being sent to you.

On Mar 23, 2015, Bricktop (1 reviews) from Pensacola, FL

WOW! Big Daffodils from Big Bulbs! I discovered this company last fall and found their site nice and prices amazing. They also claimed to have the largest bulbs available. So I ordered a big bag of their daffodils. They shipped quickly and the bulbs were big. Best of all, they're blooming right now. All I can say is that I've planted bulbs for years, and never seen daffodils this large....they're taller, stronger stems, and with larger flowers than any I've planted in past years! I'm off to get some dahlias from them for this summer. Thanks, Eden Brothers!!

On Mar 9, 2015, pdorazio1 (1 reviews) from rockville,
United States

Awaiting customer service to get organic seed certification. Seeds come with no info on the certification and neither does the website. Other companies have certifier on label. Need documentation. Will follow up when company responds.

Company representative comment on May 7, 2015:
On May 7, 2015 4:26 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. The packets of organic seed that we sell do have the organic certifier on the label now. We have been in the process of transitioning from plain white packets with our logo on them to printed packets that include a picture, additional planting information and organic handling information for our organic varieties. If any additional certification information is needed, customers are welcome to contact us so we can provide that information.

On Nov 20, 2014, Inthegarden14 (2 reviews) from Camden, NJ

I was looking for heirloom tomato seeds and I found a great selection at Eden Brothers. Ive been growing Cherokee Purple and Green Zebra tomatos from plants Ive gotten at local nurseries but have always wanted to try these and others from seed. Im a long way off from getting them started, but happy to have found them. They have a nice, large selection.

On Nov 17, 2014, winterstorm1 (1 reviews) from Kimballton, IA

I have made 2 separate seed orders and both were received extremely quickly and accurately. I have ordered 1 lb packages of cosmos "sensation mix" and also of the "California Giant Zinnias" and the "Come and Cut Again" zinnias. Before I ordered I noted a few negative reviews on this site. However I also noted good company follow up. That is why I decided to give Eden Brothers a try and I am delighted that I did. I am delighted so far with their company and would buy from them again and again.

On Oct 24, 2014, cyborg (2 reviews) from Lansing, MI

I ordered the "Burst of Bloom" mix from Eden Brothers last spring, and was very happy with the results. My meadow never looked so good, we could see the blooms from our living room window and were pleased with the results. My wife and I are retired, and we enjoyed the time spent looking out at the flowers, we had never tried planting wildflower seeds before. We may try something new again next year, may be some poppy seeds as they are my wife's favorite, a little closer to the house this time.

On Oct 6, 2014, alejandra86 (2 reviews) from Austin, TX

My mom told me about Edenbrothers.com, as she had ordered from them and the seeds came quickly. I have ordered several times now, and each time the seeds arrive 3-4 days later, which is really nice. I usually order for my spring garden, but I just placed an order last week for lettuce seeds to grow this fall. It is now Monday, and the seeds arrived today, true to form for Eden Brothers. Ive always been happy with their service and will return again in the spring.

On Sep 24, 2014, Wolfdtim (1 reviews) from Belle Mead, NJ

Ordered creeping daisy got creeping thyme. No customer service. Called and called no response. Still trying

Company representative comment on September 30, 2014:
On Sep 30, 2014 1:30 PM, Eden Brothers Seed Company responded with:

We responded to your phone message and called you back to apologize about the mix-up in the seeds. Unfortunately, this was just a simple human error where the wrong “creeping” seeds were grabbed and packed up for you. We advised that you could keep the Creeping Thyme seeds with our apologies and promptly shipped the correct Creeping Daisy seeds to you the same day that you reported the problem. We feel that we did everything we could to correct the error that was made as fast as possible.

On Sep 10, 2014, l_m_baker (1 reviews) from Tempe, AZ

Living in AZ, I ordered zinnia seeds from Eden Brothers. I have actually planted zinnia seeds every year, but this is the first time I have ordered from Eden Brothers. The zinnia seeds came very quickly, I received them within a week of ordering, and the varieties I ordered have been such a wonderful addition to my garden. For the first time, I planted them within my vegetable garden and now I have beautiful blooms where my tomatoes once were. In the past my garden was empty at this time of the year, but now I have beautiful "Meteor" zinnias the size of my palm dressing up my garden. Each stalk has multiple blooms and the shade of shocking red in this variety of zinnia is incredible. Couldnt be happier with my purchase, thank you Eden Brothers.

On Aug 27, 2014, tburgos (2 reviews) from San Diego, CA

I purchased Elephant Ears this spring from Eden Brothers. I had never grown them before, but have always wanted to try them. I felt compelled to share my experience with these bulbs because I truly believe I received some outstanding product. They came as large bulbs with brown papery leaves around them; the only life I saw in them was the fact that they were solid and showed some green in their lower half. I purchased much more than I should have, so I experimented with a few of them - planting some in the ground in full sun while others I have put in pots in full sun, full shade, and in filtered shade. It took a few weeks to see any life, but sure enough some green sprouts began to poke through! In all locations these bulbs have proven to do well! I purchased the upright variety and leaves are big, shiny and sturdy. Each day when I walk around my garden I check in on my several plantings and Im encouraged as they grow and unfold their leaves. I feel like I have a bit of the tropics in my own yard! I watched a video on how to transplant them, so as I prepare other sections of my yard, I will move them out of the pots and into a more permanent home. I will definitely look to Eden Brothers for my future gardening needs!

On Aug 26, 2014, DixieK1081 (1 reviews) from Alexander, NC

I just discovered Eden Brothers this year--their website is so pretty! I love all of the flowers I've ordered so far. Even though I planted the majority of my stuff a little too late in the season for our climate area (whoops! What can I say, life gets away from us sometimes!), everything is doing super-well. Sunflowers, Dahlias, Glads, Zinnias, etc! I feel like I've got to make room for a new bouquet everyday!

» Read the rest of the reviews