The scoop on 'Guinea Farm Hatchery'

Guinea Farm Hatchery

21363 White Pine Lane
New Vienna, Iowa 52065-9728 (United States)

Comments:

Negative forkedpath
Morton, MS
August 26, 2018
No extra eggs, no contact, no accountability. I was only trying to increase my genetic diversity on my farm and I hit a wall of absolute disgust with this place.

1/3 of my specialty eggs were completely unfertilized and they made it sound like MY problem, once confronted. They also just couldn't be bothered to send me some second chancers.

If you have a 67% fertilization rate (not hatch rate, fertilization rate), you've got a livestock management problem and some really unhealthy birds whose bodies can't afford to make viable gametes by a pretty considerable margin. This is further evidenced by the condition of their eggshells. Guinea eggs should never look and feel like chicken eggs.

I will absolutely never buy from this farm again. Pay for shipping and support a smaller farm (which is what I thought I was doing) with an actual soul...not this place. I'm sure at one time this place had a lot of soul, but that has apparently fallen by the wayside and all they seem to care about is production. I feel very sorry for those birds.
Positive showmesunshine
Clark, MO
January 9, 2012
I ordered several dozen guinea keets from Guinea Farm last spring. I received a phone call the evening before the birds were shipped so I knew exactly when to expect them at my post office. Every bird was strong and health. Unlike chickens, the guineas have never bothered my fruits or vegetables. They do make "dusting bowls" to clean themselves in, but thats a small price to pay in exchange for a farm free of ticks, Japanese beetles, cicadas, and other insect pests. I shared some of my guineas with a friend and she is very satisfied as well. The Guinea Farm provided excellent service with top quality birds-I encourage all gardeners to give them a try!