The scoop on 'Legg Creek Farm'

Legg Creek Farm

PO BOx 43
Douglass, Texas 75943 (United States)

Phone: 9365563002

Comments:

Positive CarolineCSha
Douglass, TX
January 23, 2020
Affordable and reliable! The trees were beautiful. The people were nice and seemed knowledgeable about the trees they had. The family or whoever runs Legg Creek seems like a good person. I've always had pleasant interactions with them.They honored their guarantee with no issues. I can't say enough great things about this Legg Creek it was super helpful and taught me also a lot in the few minutes I was there.They deliver trees for a reasonable charge and have the most beautiful trees. I'm still learning to take care of plants so I was appreciative of all their advice and tips. I will definitely be back to visit and buy more.
Positive Ortegojeffrey
Lafayette, LA
January 18, 2020
Posted on January 18, 2020, updated January 18, 2020
Posted on January 18, 2020, updated January 18, 2020
Well they got me. They do not grow and keep stock of the plants they have for sale. They ďmake a saleĒ on their website for a particular plant then ship whatever they have in stock as a replacement. Anything for a sale. Why would they sell something that they do not have in stock? Because LEGG CREEK IS A SCAM.
On January 18th, 2020, Ortegojeffrey changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

On January 18th, 2020, Ortegojeffrey added the following:

I got a good email. Disregard my negative comment. Legg Creek did the right thing. I recommend Legg Creek for future purchases.
Positive alxgnz
Galveston, TX
January 17, 2019
I love the fruit trees I received from Legg Creek. The quality of the trees are well above par and was really easy to order. They were very easy to deal with and have definitely earned my business. Will be ordering more :)
Positive Ssmith750
Killeen, TX
January 16, 2019
Iíve ordered from Legg for 3 years in a row. Iíve got a small personal personal orchard of peaches and apples. Iíve been very happy with the trees and the service from them. There have been a couple of times that they didnít have what I ordered on a couple of trees, but what they sent worked great here. They did forget a free tree in one of my orders. I emailed them about it and in my next order there were two free pawpaw trees. I will keep ordering from Legg Creek to add more trees to my orchard.
Negative Gomez123
January 15, 2019
STAY AWAY!!!!!
NEVER GOT REFUND OR PLANT REPLACEMENTS!!!!
Been waiting over a year and a half. Very displeased because LEGG CREEK has failed to fulfill guarantee.

Company representative comment on January 15, 2019:
On Jan 15, 2019 8:15 AM, Legg Creek Farm responded with:

We have no idea who this person is.

We've searched Facebook messages and email messages and we cannot find anyone with the last name of Gomez asking for a replacement tree. We have 1000+ customers per year, and we've replaced literally hundreds of trees over the years. If it's requested, we will ship the replacement trees. It may take a a few months during the shipping season, depending on the tree and how many we have ready,but we always fulfill our guarantee.

Maybe if this person had contacted us and given a name and asked for a replacement, then we could have shipped the replacement. But posting a review here, with no name, isn't a way to get a replacement tree in a timely manner.

Positive ethanlnelson8
Eros, LA
May 28, 2018
Legg Creek Farms has been very helpful to me and my family for the past 4 years! What I love most is that they really care about the right way to go about planting your plants. They don't ship as soon as you place your order, they ship when planting conditions are prime! Because of this, my success rate has been very high! My plums and blackberries are doing wonderful! I really love doing business with them, and highly recommend buying from them.
Positive ssguthrie
Humble, TX
May 20, 2018
I got 10 trees from Legg Creek in 2016, and they've done great! I did have a Tex King peach tree in the first few months, ad they sent me a new tree in 2017 no questions asked! I haven't ordered from them again, but if I get more space I will. The trees I ordered are actually making fruit, which I am pleased with!
Positive WindsWrangler
Douglass, TX
May 18, 2018
Our first order from Legg Creek Farm was back in the 2009-2010 season. The owner of Legg Creek Farm has a master's degree in horticultural. He gave us excellent help choosing good trees for the area and back then actually personally delivered the trees to us. Each winter we purchase from him. Throughout the years we have purchased peach, plum, loquat, pineapple guava, almond, mulberry, Allegheny chinquapin, fig, pecan, apple, nectarine, pear, cherry, Asian pear, Japanese persimmon, pomegranate, chestnut, and apricot trees; as well as grape, kiwi, and blackberry vines; and blueberry bushes from Legg Creek Farm. Looking forward to adding to our "food forest" this winter!
Positive Veronica3184
Sugar Land, TX
May 18, 2018
As a lifelong gardener, I have ordered from Leg Creek farm for 3 years in a row and I have never found any better source of Texas trees. The trees I got from them are tougher in this heat than others I got from other places. The people I talked to there on email and on the phone have been nice. Weather effects them sometimes but I would rather have trees when they are ready and healthy than anything else, and that's what they do. Good people.
Negative Liza123
Posted on May 16, 2018, updated May 18, 2018
Posted on May 16, 2018, updated May 16, 2018
I ordered a couple of plants and they are doing very well however, received a dead blackberry bush, they told me they would ship a replacement in a week, I've been waiting 3 months for that replacement. I also now have a dead peach tree. I sent them an email asking for the status of my blackberry bush and a replacement for the peach Tree. Have been ignored and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any replacements. This company is not honoring guarantee. Unfortunately, will no longer buy from Legg Creek Farm, if they kept their guarantee it would be a different story with a positive review.
On May 16th, 2018, Liza123 added the following:

After posting a negative review, for the horrible customer service they gave me, they actually emailed me a very NASTY email. I couldn't believe what I read, not only did they get mad at me for their wrong, they will not be sending me a replacement and said they will ban me from Facebook and Instagram for telling others about my bad experience. I never expected this type of poor reaction from them, I thought they would apologize and we would works things out, but I guess things went downhill. Anyways, they need to hire someone with better customer service skills and if they do not honor guarantee, they need to stop lying to people and remove false statements stating so from Legg Creek Farm website.
On May 18th, 2018, Liza123 added the following:

When a business states a customer is a lying and, 'oh we were so friendly this customer is bad, she thinks she can write a bad review to make us look bad when we're are so great to her,' basically, Saying it's the customers fault for Legg Creek Farms sad and non existent customer service.

Also, according to the rest of the negative reviews here Legg Creek Farm always BLAMES the customer!!! Very selfish. And no I did not get a refund for the blackberry or peach tree. I also gladly posted our email conversation on YELP. So people can clearly read for themselves who is lying.
Company representative comment on May 18, 2018:
On May 17, 2018 8:49 PM, Legg Creek Farm responded with:

tís unfortunate that there is so much negativity in the world, but such is the case of modern life with the Internet. And such is the case with Liza Ibarra, who left this review. To address her lie as to when she was contacted, she was replied to prior to her review. I actually voice dictated a reply to her while I was driving in traffic taking a family member from a doctors appointment. The email message was sent before we ever saw this review.

Her responses prior to posting this review were negative and threatening, so we were trying to determine how to proceed. When she decided to post this review, we did withdraw our offer of replacement plants and offered her only a refund, since she was clearly so unhappy.

Running a small family farm is difficult enough, with unpredictable weather, plant disease, and other factors. But itís made doubly more difficult by negative people like this.

Unfortunately, that is the nature of the Internet, with people who think theyíre somebody because they can leave negative reviews of businesses. Keep in mind she ordered multiple plants from us and is only upset over a single blackberry plant, which we were going to ship to her for free this upcoming shipping season.

We have thousands of happy customers across the United States who can testify that we do provide replacement plants for theirs that donít make it. We do honor our guarantee and we work our hardest to ensure every customer is happy. Unfortunately in this case, that was impossible to achieve.

On May 18, 2018 7:38 AM, Legg Creek Farm added:

There's not much more to say about this individual, since she is clearly so angry and unhappy (probably about more in her life than a dead blackberry plant that she didn't understand would be shipped for free next season, once the plant is dormant).

We always refund if we say we will and we always ship replacement plants. It's just unfortunate that there are people out there who take such delight in negativity. Liza Ibarra is one of those people.

Positive Alleykaye2011
Colmesneil, TX
May 17, 2018
I have been a customer for a very long time and continue to be. Legg Creek has been heaven sent since wanting to start my own orchard. I use to purchase from online and mail catalogs until I came across them. Here is what I've found about Legg Creek. Of you want great customer service, outstanding trees etc, fast shipping, trees that produce Legg Creek is your company! I've got over 200 plus tress and they are always helpful if I have any questions. I honestly wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for Legg Creek. You cannot go wrong with great pricing and trees that produce. I'm still learning and they always help answer questions I may have. I cannot honestly put into words how thankful I am they are my go to for my orchard. They remember their customers also and have a great care for them as well. That's what I call a great business! Thank you Legg Creek for making my orchard dreams come true and thank you for the beautiful trees and just be a outstanding business!
Positive CenTXgardener
Temple, TX
May 16, 2018
Iíve ordered trees from this company for the last several years with good success. The Texas-adapted varieitis are great, especially the peaches and apples. Iíve eaten peaches from these trees two years in a row now. Iím a happy customer! If I have space ill get more.
Positive tc99862
Valley Center, CA
January 27, 2017
This was my first experience ordering trees on line. I found Legg Creek through a search and decided to order based on reviews. I ordered 46 trees of different verity in October of 2016. The web site clearly said when trees would begin shipping. I used the months between to prepare irrigation and soil per their instructions. In December I was notified that due to weather they could not package and begin shipping trees. Completely understandable. I was then asked if I wanted a partial shipment of trees to which I responded yes. To wrap up this story and get to the point I received half my shipment of the exact trees I ordered. One tree was unavailable to which I received an immediate refund. The second shipment arrived, again the exact trees I ordered but missing 5 trees of one verity. I again received a quick refund. In summary this business communicates, answers inquiries (of which I had a few) and handles transactions with integrity. My only disappointment is not receiving all the trees I ordered (again was refunded) and having to find them elsewhere months later. I will order again.
Positive tedvicknair
Pineville, LA
October 29, 2016
I had a very positive experience with Legg Creek Farm. I purchased about 15 trees (give or take) in January 2016, and all leafed out in the spring of 2016 except 2 trees. All were put in pots with potting soil. Of those 2, I could have received a refund as promised by the company, but I was not johnny-on-the-spot with the request. As it is now late October, 2016, it would be unfair to request a refund for those. All of the trees that did leaf out are still doing well in their pots, and I intend to transplant to their permanent locations this winter.

In any case, shipping was prompt and everything was packaged well. Prices are very competitive for bare root trees of this quality, and I intend to order a dozen or so trees again from them this winter.

An extra tree (lagniappe) was included with the order which I was happy with. I have every intention of being a repeat buyer.
Positive jawick
Trinity, TX
September 1, 2016
Since most people only leave negative responses on sites like this, it goes to show you just how good a company Legg Creek Farm really is as there are so few of those. Personally, I've dealt with Legg Creek Farm over the last several years with mostly great experiences. Yes, I've had a misshapen tree now and again (out of hundreds ordered) or communication problems, but I'd have to rate Legg Creek Farm a solid A- or B+ when it comes to getting the job done and done right. How many other companies do you know where the owner himself tries to set things right and responds to emails? Most companies I've ever dealt with don't rate any higher than a C- in my book which is why I highly recommend buying quality trees and vines at great prices from Trey at Legg Creek Farm. I know I will keep doing so for my Trinity farm.
Positive MadCheshireGrin
Guyton, GA
April 6, 2016
Posted on January 15, 2016, updated April 6, 2016
Posted on January 6, 2016, updated January 15, 2016
This will be the first time I've posted a review that isn't positive. I had a very blended experience with Legg Creek Farm and it could be because they seem to be having a pretty hectic year but I kind of feel I've been forgotten at this point.
I placed my order somewhat early hoping to get all the trees I wanted before they sold out (September 23, 2015). At first they had above and beyond good customer service. Emailing every step of the way when the shipment would be delayed due to weather that was out of their control and they even offered to ship the trees they did have ready separately from the trees that were delayed at no additional charge. I opted to just wait so they wouldn't be out the additional fee. Once I received the box of trees (December 26, 2015) they were larger than I expected and looked very healthy with an exception of quite a lot of breakage from the shipment which isn't really their fault at all and they will hopefully recover come spring.
Unfortunately I only received 5 out of the 12 varieties that I actually wanted and the other 7 were substituted for what they had on hand (4 of which were supposed to be different varieties of fig trees and I received 4 pink lady apples. In my bitty backyard orchard I don't have 2 of anything so while there was no way they could have known this it was an even bigger bummer). I really would have preferred to just purchase the trees that I wanted and waited until next year to purchase the rest so I sent an email to get a refund, even accepting the most expensive tree that was substituted. I received a phone call a couple days later and I spoke to a lady (didn't get her name) and offered to ship the other 6 back and she said that I didn't need to do that and they would process the refund for me. I haven't received the refund so I sent another email a couple days ago just in case I was overlooked and I haven't heard back from them.
So overall, I have mixed feelings. I'm pretty bummed because they have very reasonable prices and what seems to be very healthy trees and I do have 12 trees, just half aren't what I wanted.
On a side note, I didn't get the free tree that they kindly ship with every order but this wasn't all that big of a deal to me because, well it's a free tree so I can't really be upset about that. Haha!
I will post an update in the spring on the progress of the trees.
On January 15th, 2016, MadCheshireGrin changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I heard back from Trey at Legg Creek Farm today 1/15/16 and he apologized for the delay and as promised he processed my refund.
On April 6th, 2016, MadCheshireGrin added the following:

UPDATE: All of the trees have started to leaf out and the nectarine tree is even trying to set fruit already! (I may leave one on there just to taste it) Very happy with the health of the trees and would recommend Legg Creek Farm!
Positive mpigg3
Wolfforth, TX
March 10, 2016
Posted on March 10, 2016, updated March 10, 2016
I ordered around 11 trees from legg Creek this year. 2 Asian pears - 3 nectarines - 2 - almonds - 3 apricots and a mulberry. The prices seemed great and most watchdog feedback was positive. I paid a couple of extra bucks to "upgrade" each tree to a larger size. I received my shipment and they where all small caliper ranging from pencil down and the largest was around 36 inches. They appeared alive and the package was in great shape with moist roots. The invoice was marked refund for the two almonds and one Asian pear due to size and the mulberry was marked refund due to no mulberry. Great they where aware that the almond and pear where not as advertised. I planted all the trees and received a timely refund on the mulberry only. I inquired about the refund on the other 3, and Trey acknowledged my email on the 19th of February and said the refund would be processed that day. As of now (March 10) and after two additional e-mails I have not received a refund nor correspondence. I'd rather just have two nice 3-4 foot Texas Mission Almond Trees and a 3-4 Asian pear but instead I have two 20'' almond trees and a 24" Asian pear. I am sure they are busy hopefully they will make this right.
On March 10th, 2016, mpigg3 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Edit - Same Day

Trey emailed me today said he would send a refund. I am sure the matter will be taken care of. I'll do business him with him again.
Positive CeceL
Atlanta, GA
January 11, 2016
I've ordered trees from them for the past two years with good results. This year it took a little longer to get the trees than I am used to, but the owner said it was due to weather, which I understand. I've been really pleased with the quality of the trees. My trees I got from them last year did amazing this past season - I even had blooms on the peach trees!!
Positive Alexsmity67
New Orleans, LA
January 10, 2016
Well, I got my first fruit from a pear tree I got from Legg Creek back in 2011. I only purchased two trees - both pear trees. Both trees did really well and are nice established trees now. The fresh pears are awesome and I am so proud to grow them in south Louisiana. Overall a great experience. Thank you for the pears!!
Positive carolvega
Austin, TX
January 10, 2016
My wife and I purchased some land east of Austin a few years ago. We've slowing been adding fruit trees to it, with many of our earlier trees coming from Home Depot and Lowe's. After following an ad on craigslist, we found this company. We ended up purchasing 50 trees in bulk quantities from Legg Creek. We've been very happy with them. The varieties are better than what we could find locally and the trees have been beautiful. They've survived in our miserable Texas summers with minimal issues. We plan to order more this planting season.
Positive Daseph
Cedar Park, TX
March 20, 2015
I've been a Legg Creek Farm customer for several years, ordering several trees a year. I'm building a small orchard slowly, and I've been super pleased with both the trees and the service. I have no complaints whatsoever. They answer the phone, answer my emails, and ship the trees in a timely manner. I appreciate the customer service and the nice product.
Negative celticshrub
Smithville, TX
March 19, 2015
Posted on February 6, 2015, updated March 19, 2015
Have had several problems with an order placed in aug2014. No emails concerning that shipment or about a damaged tree from another shipment have ever been answered. Finally got a hold of person and they sent shipment but it was incomplete. Called again and was told they were sending the rest of shipment next day but have still not received it. This order is now 4 months late. I will not buy from them again. Their customer service is nonexistent.
On March 19th, 2015, celticshrub added the following:

Update Just received refund 3/19/15 it was hand delivered.
I'd also like to point out that their previous response is not accurate. I only received conformation on one of the two orders I placed the second order which was several months late I never got a single response on. This order was finally sent but missing the 6 trees. It was only after I posted on this site did I get a email response from them and it was to tell me that they don't sell to people who post negative reviews about them. Irony being only after I posted a review did they get back to me. I'm glad this is all over and I want nothing more to do with them and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.
Company representative comment on March 19, 2015:
On Feb 6, 2015 11:46 AM, Legg Creek Farm responded with:

The customer did receive correspondence on issues relating to getting her order to her. We also received an email stating that the trees she did receive looked good and she was concerned with a broken root on a single tree. The only trees she is missing are 6 native trees that we had to wait longer-than-usual to pull. She will receive a refund on those trees, since she is obviously unhappy.

On Mar 19, 2015 6:46 PM, Legg Creek Farm added:

After hundreds of customer emails, this customer's email about her issue with the trees was overlooked. I apologized for this. She stated she was happy with her other trees, but over 6 tiny trees worth $42.00, she decided to severe our business relationship. In the end, she still leaves her negative review, though she has (by her own admission) many nice trees. Our search for these additional trees from another nursery after we sold out was mainly for her...however, as she stated, we are glad to be done dealing with her. Too bad there are people out there who always look at things negatively and seek to harm others when they do not get their way.

Positive jonesedwards
San Antonio, TX
February 11, 2015
I ordered from Legg Creek Farm last week and I have plans to head out of town later on this week. I needed the trees by a certain date, and I honestly didn't think I would get the trees in time. I got an email with a tracking number and sure enough, my trees showed up exactly when I needed them. So I was pleasantly surprised at the attention to detail in getting me my trees when I asked, and at the quality of the trees themselves. I've ordered online trees before, but these are the nicest I've seen. I will be a repeat customer. Good service all around and a great product.
Positive tomburrell17
Austin, TX
February 10, 2015
I ordered trees from Legg Creek on a Friday and received them the following Tuesday. The trees were larger than the ones I paid for, so I was pleased. I emailed and asked if the trees would be fine once since I only have time to plant them on the weekend, and they said they would be fine. I planted the all 6 trees and the roots were still moist when I opened them, even after being in the box for a week. There were no planting instructions with the trees, but their website has some good info on planting. I am very please with how the trees looked and I will be ordering some more next season.
Neutral paulm27
Oklahoma City, OK
February 9, 2015
Posted on June 16, 2014, updated February 9, 2015
Posted on May 25, 2014, updated June 16, 2014
In January of this year I placed a small order (3 pawpaw trees). The order was processed in a timely manner, I received my trees, planted them and they never leafed out. I am in no way a master gardener but I have had excellent results with other companies' products. I have sent them 2 emails now, one through my email and one through their "Contact Us" page on the website, never to hear back from them on their replacement policy. Perhaps this is an overlook on their part. It seems that others have had good luck posting here on this site. I will reserve a positive or negative feedback pending the results of this message.
On June 16th, 2014, paulm27 added the following:

An hour after i posted my comment i was contacted by email and given the opportunity for a refund or replacement this coming fall. I opted for the replacement.
On February 9th, 2015, paulm27 added the following:

I have not yet received my replacement trees. I emailed the company, again with no response. If someone there receives this post please contact me.
Positive misaelphillip
Monroe, LA
August 17, 2014
I've purchased two apples trees and five mayhaw trees from these people and every single one of the trees is doing well. I've emailed with the owner about some issues with yellow leaves, and he got back with me a few days later - I needed to add some fertilizer. I've been really pleased I would recommend them. And the prices are better than what you can find locally. They were running a sale and the mayhaws were 5 bucks each!
Positive LindsayAdams
August 17, 2014
I bought 10 grapevines from from Legg Creek Farm 3 years ago. After a year of growth, the yard men mowed them all down! I was furious. I emailed with a guy (I think the owner) who said that these type of grapes would come back on their own if I watered them, fertilized them, etc. I'm happy to report that I am getting the first grapes off of them! So I am a happy customer!! Good product, plus great help after the sale.
Neutral StueyG
Conroe, TX
May 9, 2014
Placed an order with them a bit ago - and many of the trees I got did not grow. Have e-mailed twice so far and still waiting on a reply. After reading the other reviews it sounds like they are glad to help their customers. Hopefully can change this to positive later but still waiting on a reply.
Company representative comment on February 6, 2015:
On Feb 6, 2015 11:47 AM, Legg Creek Farm responded with:

Customer received correspondence, along with new trees, but never changed the review.

Positive Trudie450
Huntsville, TX
April 3, 2014
Posted on April 1, 2014, updated April 3, 2014
It is with regret that I have even had to write this review and am doing it in hopes of having the company contact me because of this negative rating. I purchased several fruit trees in January of last year from this company. Two trees from the order never leafed out so I contacted them about it per their guarantee. They said they would replace them during the next season. When Jan came and I had never received my replacements I emailed them and the owner immediately responded saying he had forgotten, thanked me for reminding him and said he would take care of it. Never heard anything more. Several weeks ago (about the first of March) I sent an email through their website again inquiring on the replacements. No response. Last week (end of March) I called and left a message asking them to please return my call to help clarify their replacement policy on the fruit trees as I was trying to determine if I had misunderstood it or were they just ignoring me. To date I have heard nothing. A few moments ago I tried calling (4 times) the phone number listed on their website which produced a recording saying, "The number you are trying to call is not reachable." In essence I am hoping they will contact me because of this review that I am giving because at this point it seems to be the only way I have to reach them. If they had no intention of replacing the trees I would have appreciated their telling me so in the beginning as I have lost a whole growing season because of this.
On April 3rd, 2014, Trudie450 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

After posting this comment the owner immediately got in contact with me and we are working towards a solution in replacing my trees as the ones I lost are no longer available. He was most generous in offering me double my money back to replace them. Since making money on an unintentional mistake was never my goal I preferred to substitute the trees so I would not miss another growing season. All businesses are going to have problems such as this from time to time. It is inevitable and just the nature of the business world. To me it is HOW a business handles these type of problems that truly determine the true integrity and nature of that business. All of the trees I ordered from them last year (with the exception of these 2) are beautiful and flourishing this year. Because of how the owner has handled this problem with me I believe he truly cares about his business and making his mistake right with the customer. In the future I would definitely order from them over other companies because I know if there is a mistake they will go the extra mile to make it right. In retrospect I realize that I should have posted a neutral review rather than a Negative one because, unlike many of the companies out there in the cyber world, Legg Creek does care "about making it right."
Positive margaret1965
Humble, TX
April 3, 2014
I purchased trees from Legg Creek Farm in 2012 and 2013 and I've been very pleased overall with the trees and my experience with the company. They were a little hard to get ahold of on the phone, but after a couple of tries I was able to talk to them. They seemed more responsive over email. The trees I received were larger than what I had paid for, so I was really pleased. They were large, branched trees and not just sticks like I've received from other mail order nurseries.

I did have two trees not make it from the 2012 season, but they included those, plus a free one, in my 2013 order, no questions asked. And the ones I got in the Fall are looking amazing - budding our already. So as soon as I find room, I'll order some more from Legg Creek Farm.
Positive TabbyL
Paris, IL
January 29, 2014
This is my second order from Legg Creek Farm and I can attest to the fact that they stand behind their guarantee. I had one tree from my first order not make it, but they replaced it without question and sent it with my order this year. All of the trees I've received from them have looked great and most have even been larger than what I paid for. I will continue to order from them until my orchard is complete!
Positive terri_emory
Alba, TX (Zone 8a)
January 16, 2014
I have ordered from Legg Creek three times now. I have been very pleased with each order. The packaging is good and the deliveries were as arranged. I have called for advice and their's has proven to be good advice for me and my growing area. I recommend them and will order from them again!
Positive James165
Palestine,
United States
January 9, 2014
I've ordered from this company a couple of times, and both times I was pleased with the service and the trees looked amazing. They were bigger than what I had ordered. And after a year or two of growth I can say they are growing well. The customer service has been fine with this company. I've had pleasant dealings with the lady on the phone and the owner and I emailed back and forth a few times. He was knowledgeable and helpful. When I need more trees, I will use them again.
Negative jpineknot
Holiday Lakes, TX
January 8, 2014
In Oct. 2013, I ordered over $500 in trees from them with my credit card. They immediately charged my card, but I did not hear from them until late Dec., when I was told that the trees would be delivered on Jan 2. The delivery was as scheduled, but not as ordered. Ten hazelnut trees were deleted, ten Chinese chestnut trees were not available but were substituted by Allegheny chinquapin. One pear tree had the main roots cut off at about 8"-10" (3/4" diameter) with no secondary roots. Ten O'Neal blueberry plants were much smaller than I thought I had bought. Of ten brightwell blueberries, 5 were not very prolific plants but were over the 3' height and 5 were single stem, just over 2 feet.

After planting the trees, I called and expressed my displeasure. The lady called me back and said he was sending me a money order for the cancelled trees but that I should take my future business elsewhere. I won't have a problem doing that!
Company representative comment on January 8, 2014:
On Jan 8, 2014 3:46 PM, Legg Creek Farm responded with:

I was disappointed, but not surprised, by this feedback. Mr. Smitherman authorized us to charge his credit card in October. We also set up with him for delivery on December 30th, but he elected to have us ship the trees on that date rather than deliver them.

On the roots issue, we shipped thousands of trees with no complaints on the tree roots.

This is a customer who was looking to get the order free, which is what will happen - he has received the trees, and to calm his displeasure, we are giving his ENTIRE original purchase price back as a refund. Not a partial refund, as his review implies.

So he gets what he wanted - free fruit trees. It's sad that society has people like this in it.

Positive KaraBaker
Coleman, WI
December 17, 2013
I purchased some fruit trees for my grandmother from Legg Creek Farm. They were surprisingly high quality and very nice looking. I was provided with information on how to plant the trees and how to take care of them properly. I am very satisfied with my purchase. Thanks!
Positive Yazmine101
Miami Lakes, FL
September 22, 2013
I absolutely love apples. I usually eat apples once or twice a day and it was a pain to keep going out to the store to buy more. I decided to grow my own apples and I ordered a tree from Legg Creek Farm. I ordered the Granny Smith Apple tree and the Gala Apple tree. I love them so far. It's really nice to be able to go out into your backyard and grab a quick apple to snack on. I ordered the trees from Legg Creek Farm online and they arrived fast. Once they arrived I planted them and the apples soon followed. The apples are always fresh and I really like the taste of them. I actually think that they taste better than ones that are purchased in the stores.
Positive SchizotypalDev
Greensburg, PA
September 20, 2013
I've had an excellent experience with this company. All 13 of my trees are growing well, and they were very helpful when I called and asked for assistance. I plan on doing more business with them next year.
Positive Mhe34
Potomac, MD
September 14, 2013
I bought from these people last season and I have been very impressed with the trees. They are all growing very well. The lady on the phone was super nice and I emailed the main email address a few times and they always got back to me. Overall very helpful people and nice fruit trees.
Positive TXGardener78
July 17, 2013
I've ordered from Legg Creek Farm two years in a row. I am expanding a peach orchard south of Houston and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. The lady (ladies?) I spoke with on the phone were extremely helpful. I had two trees not make it from my first year order, and I received replacement trees the following year - no questions asked. I now have over 20 peach trees and they all look great. I will be ordering more this fall.
Negative JohnStephens
Alvarado, TX
June 2, 2013
Not for the inexperienced, buyer beware...
December 2011 i bought 28 fruit trees, grapes and blk berries. 7 died (4 never greened up and 3 died from neglect, not enough water) December 2012 i emailed them to ask what was included in the guarantee. I also wanted to buy 8 more for a total of 15. They never got back with me. I ended up buying about 20 more trees and 12 black berries from Lowe's and Home Depot (more expensive but they have that guarantee). I am disappointed when i run into people or companies lacking integrity.
Company representative comment on June 2, 2013:
On Jun 2, 2013 8:07 PM, Legg Creek Farm responded with:

I can assure Mr. Stephens that this had nothing to do with integrity. We have replaced many trees over the last few years, with no questions asked. His single email, sent in the days right before Christmas and when I (the owner) was out of town for a child's medical needs, was inadvertently overlooked It is entirely my error in overlooking Mr. Stephens's email, and I have contacted him to resolve this issue, including offering him a full refund for his entire original order.