The scoop on 'Sow True Seed'

Sow True Seed

146 Church Street
Asheville, North Carolina 18801 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: free

» Like them on Facebook

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive mmoses3222
Newport News, VA
January 10, 2021
I've ordered from them several times. Shipping is usually prompt and I've enjoyed the plants I've grown from their seeds.
Negative dirkphilly
Philadelphia, PA (Zone 6b)
July 17, 2020
Caution: Some of their seeds are not true to name!

First time dealing with this company. I grew some Amish Paste Tomato plants using seeds from Sow True Seed and what I got are flat big slicing tomatoes, nothing like the paste tomatoes Amish is supposed to be. I emailed them and was told that I am not the only one who complained about their Amish Tomato Seeds. They never offered an apology. My hope of Amish Paste Tomatoes was ruined by their FAKE seeds. Another variety of fake seeds is the "WINTER SQUASH - TAHITIAN BUTTERNUT". Their website used to show some pictures nothing like a TRUE Tahitian Butternut Squash. Just checked they added some pictures resembling the true Tahitian squash but the pictures of FAKE TAHITIAN SQUASH are still displayed at their website. I guess they don't really know what a true Tahitian Squash looks like, so they displayed a mixture of fake and true Tahitian pictures ([[email protected]]). I'll report back about other varieties later of the season.

Positive jpjones76
January 20, 2020
Seed packets yielded very productive, great-tasting vegetables, very high germination rate.
Negative Frugalgramma
Cleveland, OH
March 3, 2019
I ordered seed potato of a variety that is difficult to find well ahead of time and it showed in stock. When my potatoes arrived they had substituted another kind. That is like ordering shoes on line and the company deciding to send you something else if they don't have it...or ordering from an online grocery store and getting a substitution instead of what you ordered. This is not acceptable to me! They didn't even try to contact me to ask...just sent it. How can I trust them with a future order?
Positive Lilyhazen
Ellijay, GA
May 9, 2018
Posted on February 17, 2016, updated May 9, 2018
My son told me about this company (he lives in Marshall, NC) so I ordered from them last year and was pleased.

I ordered again this year and received the seeds quickly. Looking forward to an even better year this year!
On May 9th, 2018, Lilyhazen added the following:

My seeds did well last year, and I have ordered from them twice this year. I am particularly thrilled with how quickly the seeds arrive--less than a week! This company is doing a good job, and I highly recommend them!
Positive dncampbell
Abingdon, VA
January 19, 2018
I love this company! I ordered a variety of seeds in January 2017 and everything grew well. The flowers and vegies were good quality with high yields. I highly recommend their products and will be ordering again this year.
Positive Hamchuk
Weaverville, NC (Zone 6b)
October 6, 2013
I have bought at least 10 different types of seeds from them, and they have all done well. Appreciate that locals can visit in-store and avoid shipping fees. They have a wildflower mix made up of Southeastern natives - these are hard to find. Staff are polite and helpful. Highly recommend.
Positive bodyworkgoddess
Maryville, TN
June 23, 2013
I love to support businesses like So True Seed. To date I have purchased garlic bulbs, sweet potato slips and numerous seeds from them. The entire process of ordering and receiving have been completely flawless.
Positive RumRunner007
Milton, FL
January 21, 2013
This was my first time to order seeds from them. They were delivered quickly,I will be ordering from them again very soon..
Positive simonamortensen
Asheville, NC
January 26, 2012
Amazing company with a strong drive to provide high quality products while strengthening their community locally and globally. I love their seeds and their service.
Positive essiesilvers
Biltmore Forest, NC
January 23, 2012
I am a big fan of Sow True Seed for many reasons. They process orders and catalog requests quickly, and allow locals to avoid paying shipping costs by picking up their orders in person. Many of their items are available for sale in local stores (where I first became aware of them).

They vet the sources of their seed throughly, ensuring quality and integrity of their products. I have grown lots of healthy, delicious vegetables from the seeds I purchased from them. And I know that if I harvest seed from those plants, I am assured of the same quality produce for years to come.

I also appreciate their devotion to making open-pollinated/non-hybrid and untreated seeds available to all of us -- especially their focus on heirloom, organic, and traditional varieties. Their commitment to community sustainability and the continued preservation of "real" seeds and plants serves as a model for other companies in this field.

Lastly, they are friendly, extremely helpful, and a pleasure to work with. In short, I trust them and their seeds.
Positive Cosmofarm
PISGAH FOREST, NC
January 23, 2012
I have been buying almost all of my garden seeds, sweet potato slips and garlic seed from them for about three years now. They have a great selection and quality products. I really like them because I can pick up my seed products from their office in Asheville. I highly recommend them.