The Annual Photo Contest is open. Enter your best images Here

The scoop on 'NewGardenPlants.com (New Garden Plants)'

NewGardenPlants.com (New Garden Plants)

NewGardenPlants.com (New Garden Plants) has 717 products listed in PlantScout.

2645 40th Ave.
Hudsonville, Michigan 49426 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-287-5926

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Negative RayTyrell
Rogersville, TN
August 5, 2018
I ordered a couple of butterfly bushes from them last fall. I planted them the day after I received them and made sure I kept them watered and then mulched for the winter. This spring one of them was really slow at starting and the other did nothing. I'm not a rookie at this so I know I did nothing that would have killed the plant. I contacted the company and was told that they would either replace or refund my money but would I send a picture of the dead plant to them first. I was out of town but a week or so later I sent them a picture. I got no response so I resent my e-mail. Again no response so I tried a 3rd. time. This time I got a response and they said they have no over winter guarantee. So I guess I'm just out of luck. Well I bet you can also guess that I will not be rushing out and buying anything else from them either.

Company representative comment on August 8, 2018:
On Aug 8, 2018 5:59 PM, NewGardenPlants.com (New Garden Plants) responded with:

Ray, my apologies but your 2 plants were purchased last year which was not stated in your emails. I figured it was from this year since it is already August of 2018 and you purchased the plants Sept of 2017. Since it was purchased last year and not this year we do not offer an over the winter guarantee as I told you in the email. Below I copied and pasted our guarantee/warranty policy that is on our website for everyone to see.

NewGardenPlants.com’s Guarantee
Our Responsibility:
I take pride in offering the highest quality plant material that has been carefully grown and nurtured. With over 25 years experience growing and retailing, you’re guaranteed to get the best plants money can buy. More than anything, I want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. For that reason, every plant I ship is 100% Guaranteed. We guarantee that our plants will arrive in good condition and will be packaged and labelled correctly. This means that if you are not fully satisfied with your plants upon receipt then simply contact me via email immediately upon receipt of your package. I will either replace your plants or refund your payment upon return of any unsatisfactory plants. We do ask for photos of the plants to better understand the situation and determine the best solution for the problem.

Your Responsibility:
Due to Mother Nature and circumstances beyond our control, such as: under-watering, drought, frost, winter kill, incorrect planting zone or location, over-watering, damage to plants by animals or people, poor soil, failure to plant plants in a timely manner, insects, and diseases; once the live plants are in your care, they become your responsibility and we will not be held responsible because we have no control over how the plants have or have not been cared for. That being said, I want you to have great success with the plants you buy from me. If you do have problems with your plants you may contact me via email and I would be happy to offer advice and suggestions of ways to help correct the problem.

Negative revclaus
(Judith) Denver, CO (Zone 5b)
May 31, 2018
I bought many plants from New GatdenPlants last year and the year before and was perfectly happy. Loved their choices, descriptions and prices. But this year I ordered a clematis vine and a heuchera. The clematis was a dead stick and the heuchera was limp to the point that it couldn't take up water. I was shocked at the condition. I have been ordering plants online ever since it was possible to do so and I'm a Master Gardener. I contacted Pete and wanted a refund on the plants. He refused and a so choices a picture. I sent them but he again refused and said there was nothing wrong with them and that I should just plant them. I disagreed and wanted a refund. He said he'd Regus the money if I sent the plants back. Wow! That would be a big inconvenience for me. So I just kept them. I planted the heuchera but I wasn't going to plant the clematis. It was only about 2" high and looked like it wouldn't reach hall a foot by the end of summer. Iwas very disappointed in the customer service and will not buy from them again.
Positive coco3
Vanleer, TN
May 27, 2018
THIS was my first order with this company as they were the only nursery with buzz raspberry butterfly Bush's available.A month before I was sent three dead sticks by another company.He emailed me back immediately and told me they were not dormant.Holy cow! These plants were so large and healthy and some even had buds.I wish I had found them first.I immediately placed another order.Also included in my order was a free plant.New customer for life.
Positive carolmo
Olathe, KS (Zone 5a)
May 24, 2018
Just received my first order - 4 echinaceas and 1 iris - all arrived in great shape - huge and gorgeous plants. Will order from them again. Also got free gift - in bud - zonal geranium. Prices good too.
Positive BMyraB
Hilton Head Island, SC
May 24, 2018
First time ordering from newgardenplants.com. Very pleased. Ordering on their website was easy and trouble free. Bought two torenia/wishbone flowers. They were shipped promptly and they communicated that in email. FedEx delivered them a day late but the plants were still in decent shape. Clearly healthy decent size plants went into the box. They were even blooming. Plants were packed incredibly well and were not damaged. They even tossed in a bonus plant. Reasonable shipping fee. Would definitely buy from them again.
Positive robeezee
Perrineville, NJ
May 24, 2018
I ordered 4 Heuchera, and 2 Echinacea from this company. All plants arrived in terrific condition, packed well, and their prices were much more favorable than some other companies on the Watchdog 30 list.

One criticism - I am very much an advocate of communication. When I placed my order, I received an email confirmation. Then, no subsequent indication of shipment. When I wrote an inquiry to Pete, he responded by saying that my order had not shipped yet. Then, I received an email from Pete saying that my order would ship in the coming week. The site can be somewhat slow in loading plant descriptions, but the descriptions are more accurate than many that I've seen at other nursery sites.

Will I order from New Garden Plants again? Yes, because the quality of the plants that I received from them is excellent They are my new go-to mail order nursery. And as I said above, their prices are more than competitive. They also included a bonus plant (portulaca) which was unexpected and very nice of them. It will debut in one of my planters.
Positive Cheryl8
Monroe Township, NJ (Zone 7a)
May 15, 2018
Posted on May 25, 2017, updated May 15, 2018
Posted on June 2, 2016, updated May 25, 2017
Posted on May 7, 2015, updated June 2, 2016
Posted on April 17, 2014, updated May 7, 2015
I just received my order from New Garden Plants, 11 annuals and 3 perennials. All were packed perfectly, and I mean perfectly.All the plants were in excellent shape, big and healthy. One of the petunia\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s I ordered had a note next to it - very young yet - sent 2 for 1, and BOTH of them were beautiful. Plus the bonus plant is a nice treat. Overall, I am extremely pleased and excited to get planting. You won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t be disappointed with this company. Thank you Pete, great packing, fast shipping, beautiful plants. I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll be back for more, for sure.
On May 7th, 2015, Cheryl8 added the following:

Received my new order today from New Garden Plants, 23 plants in all, 11 annuals and 12 perennials + a bonus plant. They were all perfectly packed, thank goodness because the FedEx guy literally threw the box. Beautiful, large, healthy plants and not a leaf broken. I highly recommend New Garden Plants.Thank you again Pete. I\\\\\\\'ll be back again…
On June 2nd, 2016, Cheryl8 added the following:

Received my 2016 order first week of May. As always all the plants were packed and shipped perfectly, 15 annuals, 9 perennials. Beautiful, healthy plants and the bonus ice plant was a wonderful surprise. Thank you once again Pete!
On May 25th, 2017, Cheryl8 added the following:

Received this years order the end of April, 15 annuals, 1 perennial \"Silver Gumdrop\" heuchera. As always from this company all plants perfectly packed, large, healthy and beautiful. These are not teeny weeny plants so many other companies ship. Highly recommended company. Thank you once again Pete.
On May 15th, 2018, Cheryl8 added the following:

Received this year's order, 2 "pre-arranged" combinations and 19 additional plants. The order was perfectly packed for shipping, not a stem on any plant broken and still moist. Large beautiful, healthy plants. The 'free' plant was fantastic this year. I recommend this company to everyone I know. Even sent out text messages to all my friends who ask where do you get your plants. This is the first company I always go to for all my annuals and perennials. Thank you Pete, once again.
Positive peteyboy
Topeka, KS
April 30, 2018
I ordered several plants in early March, it was very cold here in Kansas, the plants were shipped quickly. I was super impressed with the manner in which the plants were packed! All the plants were of good size and very robust and healthy. I put them in the greenhouse until this week. They are outdoors and thriving beautifully. I was so impressed with this company I placed another order for MANY more plants, eagerly awaiting there arrival!
Negative laecroyle
Branford, FL
April 23, 2018
I ordered plants for the first time in March of 2018 from New Garden Plants. My order total was well over 200.00. The plants were shipped on March 12 of 2018 and arrived in 3 days. The order was missing 5 of the plants that I ordered and that I paid for. There was a hand written note saying they were not ready to be shipped at that time and they would be shipped in 3-4 weeks. I waited for 3 weeks and then called to find out when they would be shipped out. Left a complete message with order number, customer ID number and my phone number. NO ONE EVER returned my call. I called again in another week and also sent an email to them with all of the information. Again, no response at all. As of this date, April 23rd, 2018 I have sent several emails and left 5 messages on their answering machine. Not once has anyone from this company responded. They charged me for plants that I never received and refuse to return any of my messages. Nor have they refunded my money which was nearly $40.00. This company cares nothing about customer service. I would NEVER buy anything from them again and would urge anyone considering to do so to think twice. I would not patronize a company who does not even care enough to contact a customer and then keep their money. Thankfully I put this order on a credit card and am disputing the charges. The plants I did receive were over priced and packaged VERY POORLY. I am hoping to prevent others from being ripped off and not allow a company like this to continue to operate. Taking a customers money and then not answering messages or even attempting to resolve the issue is not acceptable, nor should it be. Pete needs to understand that it is AGAINST THE LAW to charge a customer and not provide the goods or services promised. That is bad enough but then to totally ignore the customer tells me he simply has no business ethics what so ever!
Company representative comment on April 23, 2018:
On Apr 23, 2018 9:52 PM, NewGardenPlants.com (New Garden Plants) responded with:

LeeAnn, My apologies sorry I totally dropped the ball on you. We actually refunded you yesterday we were unable to get any of those plants in this year. I am so sorry this is not how we run our business normally--so embarrassing. I did a search back and I totally missed your email I usually respond to emails within 24 hours or less.
Again my apologies my mistake.
Pete

Positive LadyJane_M
Bellevue, WA
November 7, 2017
I ordered from New Garden Plants for the first time this year. My first order was in the heat of summer on August 21st for three Penstemon 'Cha Cha Hot Pink.' The order was carefully packed and shipped on the date I had requested. New Garden uses generous quart size pots, but while one of the plants was lush and very healthy looking, the other two had few leaves and somewhat dry stems, as though they were pulled from two different field locations. I was unsure they would survive. I emailed that evening and promptly the next morning received an apology saying two replacements would be sent. The replacement plants soon arrived and were even more full and beautiful than that first one.

I so appreciated Pete's good business practice of standing behind their products that last month (October) when I decided to replace some very sad Ice Plants received earlier from a different nursery, I chose to order ones that New Garden was offering instead. The five NGP Delosperma arrived just as I had hoped: Large healthy plants, well-packed to keep the soil in place, and with not even one of the succulent "leaves" mashed or broken. Both of my experiences with New Garden Plants were great! I think if you contact them promptly about any problems with plants received, you will find Pete is very responsive, stands behind his plants, and operates in a very professional way.

Pete also included a bonus plant with each order -- and nothing ordinary either -- in both cases they were healthy 'specimen' type varieties. What a wonderful treat! Thank you New Garden Plants!
Positive dkistner1111
Athens, GA
May 21, 2017
Got three "Miss Molly" butterfly bushes and a free "Autumn Blush" coreopsis from this company. They arrived quickly, on a day of 90-degree heat, very well boxed and packaged, hydrated, and completely gung-ho to grow when I planted them. On the same day, I received three other plants (two Siberian iris bulbs and an ice plant) from Park Seed. There was no comparison; the PS bulbs were okay because they were very well packaged in moist straw and saran wrap, but still not in as good of a condition as NGP's offerings. The PS ice plant is a total goner. I'll be ordering my plants from Pete in the future!
Positive art33
Florissant, MO
April 19, 2017
Posted on September 5, 2013, updated April 19, 2017
I received my NewGardenPlants order today and was very pleased. The plants were larger than I expected and in excellent condition. The bonus plant was very nice as well. I had one other order that I decided to cancel so I emailed Pete and ask him to cancel that one. I know he\'s got to be a very busy guy, but still he promptly answered saying he would cancel the other order. Sure can\'t complain about that kind of customer service! I\'ll be ordering again from this company.

Art
On April 19th, 2017, art33 added the following:

I just received my 2017 order (three Agastache Salmon & Pink plants) from New GardenPlants and could not be more pleased. The well packed plants are very healthy looking and larger than expected. In my opinion, this is one of the best mail order plants sites around.
Positive srusso8912
Framingham, MA
April 19, 2017
I placed an order for three plants on April 10th and decided that same day to add a fourth. The email announcing they'd been shipped came on April 17th and they arrived on my doorstep today, April 19th. All were packed well and very healthy. I was impressed with the size of the plants, especially the Nepeta 'Walker's Low' and Sedum 'Xenox'. I also ordered a Sedum 'Maestro' and added a Sedum 'Autumn Charm.' The free ice plant is also healthy and of a good size. Overall, I was very happy with my experience with NewGardenPlants.com and will definitely order more plants from them in the future!
Positive garyj59
Sheboygan, WI (Zone 5a)
May 29, 2016
Received my first order from New Garden Plants and all the plants were well packed and healthy. Plant prices and shipping charges were reasonable and my order took 2 days to get here and I got a free plant too.
Positive orangetriangle
Little Silver, NJ
May 27, 2016
I ordered a group of blue-eyed grass and the plants arrived in good condition. They are good sized, healthy, and were carefully packed. And...I got a free plant...also in great shape!
Positive Marigold33
WHITESTONE, NY
May 13, 2016
Iv'e ordered from New Garden Plants before and they've always given me healthy good sized plants. Other companies will send in quart sizes yet you might get a tiny plant which should be in a smaller pot to begin with, so you get a lot of dirt and little plant. New Garden Plants sent me an Echinacea 2.5 times the size with a bud compared to another company with the same size container. They also send free plants and I was happy and surprised to find a wonderful Delosperma Ice Plant, which I missed while searching for perennials. Now that I know what they are I think I'll looking into ordering them and other plants from NGP!
Negative fishcakes
Watertown, MA
May 12, 2016
ordered plants last fall, planted them upon receiving them.3 Coreopsis ( bad batch?) and the gnome lychnis, that was cut back by the company are all dead, although the other plants received are looking good so far. Was told by the company" that they do not have an over winter guarantee". I thought the website stated satisfaction guaranteed... not satisfied.
Positive Bev4
Roswell, GA
April 14, 2016
I ordered three white Betsy Ross lilacs. Excellent shipping, sent FedEx with a tracking number. I also received a free gift plant. All items packaged very well & in really great condition when I received them. I would definitely order from them again!
Positive linuxbob
Wichita, KS
April 13, 2016
I placed my first ever order on April 7, 2016 for 3 Echinaceas and requested that they ship on April 11. Just as I requested my plants shipped on Apr. 11 and arrived on Apr. 13. After reading all of the negative comments here I was reluctant to buy from them. I gambled and placed an order anyway in hopes that I would get lucky and have a good experience. I can truly say that I wasn't disappointed. I got the 3 Echinaceas that I ordered and a bonus (free) delosperma. All of the Echinaceas were large and had buds. As advertised they are quart sized pots and I got the varieties that I ordered. The only negative is that the pots lost a bit of soil in shipping due to the top of the pots not being fully enclosed. All in all I'd give them an A- and would not hesitate to buy from them again.
Positive kogwoman
Wilton, WI (Zone 4a)
July 6, 2015
I ordered 1 echinacea "Double Scoop Cranberry and 1 echinacea "Secret Love". I ordered them in the winter and designated my shipping date as Apr 20th. They arrived the week of the 20th as I wanted. The packaging was excellent, in fact the best I have ever received! The plants were of good size and very healthy. I planted them out right away and they are both flourishing and have been since they were planted. I only wish I had ordered more of the "Secret Love", as it is so gorgeous. It's sold out online, but I did send Pete and email, and he hopes it will be back in stock by the end of July. I am very satisfied with my order from this company and would order again.
Negative streborem
New Richmond, WI
June 16, 2015
I ordered for the first time this year. When my plants came I got 3 of the 4 that I ordered. He never once emailed me to tell me one was not available. Then he sends me one of the cone flowers that is only 4" at the tallest. Yep $12.33 for something that is barely alive. I wrote him and never a response. Pete does not care about his customers only his pocket book!
Negative vano915
Saint Petersburg, FL
May 30, 2015
I ordered $160 worth of plants from this company. They looked iffy when they arrived, but I waited to see if they'd recover. They didn't. I'm an experienced gardener, and I did not kill the plants. I emailed the company twice, but got no response for over a week. I was then told that the plants were only guaranteed at the time of delivery. So if they were damaged during the delivery process, but were not yet dead when they arrived, they weren't guaranteed!
Customer satisfaction? Not so much....
Company representative comment on May 30, 2015:
On May 30, 2015 5:45 PM, NewGardenPlants.com (New Garden Plants) responded with:

Plants delivered were of very good quality and according to your email arrived in good condition.

Sorry about your loss but we have no control over the plants once delivered. It was obvious from the picture that the plants were not cared for properly. (They were left unattended and not watered for to long of a period).

Positive jessc007
Memphis, MI
May 29, 2015
I just completed my first transaction with this company and, overall, I am happy with my purchase. I ordered 12 plants and received a 13th as a free gift. The plants were all potted and each placed inside of it's own brown paper bag with a loose rubber band holding it in place within it's bag. Then they were set down within the box, side by side, and the box marked with which way was up.
I received my order quickly and had also received a timely email to response from Pete in regards to a shipping question that I had.
2 of my plants did have some yellow/brown leaves on them. One was the Stella De Oro Daylilly and the other was the Potentilla 'Arc-en-ciel' which was a bit more pronounced. I snipped off the dead leaves and am hoping that these plants will do well now that they are in the ground. It's too early to tell just how well they'll all thrive. They are all perennials within my zone, but I suppose that only time will tell.
I will say that the plants looked full and healthy enough that I felt confident in placing a second order with this company! Hoping to be able to share more positive feedback very soon! :)
Negative Canarykeeper
Menlo, IA
May 15, 2015
I have to give this company a negative. I read that they try to please their customers and give a 100% guarantee. And yet, they totally ignored my email. I purchased a few plants from them last year, and 2 plants rated to my zone died in the winter. Yet another company that does not rate planting zones properly. How rude for them to just ignore my question.....100% no guarantee. Buy at your own risk.
Negative livingJazzy
Eagle, WI
May 13, 2015
Posted on May 7, 2014, updated May 13, 2015
I\'ve ordered alot of plants from Pete\'s company. I appreciate all the thorough plant info on the website. I also think it\'s great that I can add to my order at anytime with out having to pay the whole shipping charge over. I think this family owned company works hard to be satisfactory and I trust that to be true because I\'ve experienced it. The plants I\'ve received we\'re very healthy and packaged very well. I\'ve ordered from many different companies so that I can compare them and so far I\'ve not been as pleased with any of them as I am with this one. This is my honest opinion and perspective. Will be continuing my business with them and recommending them to others.
On May 13th, 2015, livingJazzy changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I have been meaning to update my rating for a long time now. I wouldn't want people to be mislead by my comments.
There are alot of things I really do like about this company like selection prices and website. However, I will not be purchasing plants from here ever again.
As I stated, I have shopped at Alot of places for plants, including places that ship plants in bags with tiny seedlings for plants. I have had a much much better out come with All of these companies at the end of the day.
For whatever reason the plants at this company didn't make it. Most of them died. They were lovely and big when they arrived but most died. It is a mystery what the problem was with these perrenials.
All of the shrubs I bought did not die. So getting shrubs here is Not a bad idea.
This company does not offer a guarantee for this circumstance thats why I will not longer shop here or recommend it.
I was so so thrilled with this company but at the end of the day I'm out alot of money and effort.
Positive bryana
Albany, NY
May 10, 2015
Posted on May 18, 2013, updated May 10, 2015
Posted on May 9, 2013, updated May 18, 2013
Posted on May 6, 2012, updated May 9, 2013
I ordered two penstemon, two coneflower & one helenium.
One penstemon was had the top almost completely broken off so they included another free one and added a bonus plant of a coreopsis . All the other plants were in good condition and very well packaged.
On May 9th, 2013, bryana changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I placed a very large order with \'NO SUBSTITUTIONS PLEASE\' as the only comment. Most of the plants were large, healthy and packed well. A couple of the plants were missing quite a bit of potting mix and a couple annuals looked like they had just been started in jiffy peat disks and re-potted. They did not receive one plant from a supplier so they substituted another - despite the fact that \'NO SUBSTITUTIONS\' was printed on the order receipt they enclosed. My emails to them went unanswered so I had to call my credit card to start a refund.
On May 18th, 2013, bryana changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

They finally answered my email and sent the plant I had originally ordered - all the plants are in good shape.
On May 10th, 2015, bryana added the following:

I ordered five Coreopsis, four Agastache and one Beardtongue.
All the plants were healthy and good sized .
They are all doing fine more than a week after planting.
Positive kittens2211
Elkmont, AL
May 7, 2015
THIS WAS MY 1ST YEAR ORDERING FROM NEWGARDENPLANTS.COM AND I WAS THRILLED WITH ALL THEIR PLANTS THE PACKAGING AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Negative ytram
Kalamazoo, MI
May 5, 2015
I ordered "18" Echinacea plants @ $13.00 each. When the carton arrived it had NO packing to hold the plants, and some plants were laying on top of others. Only THREE were about 12 to 15 inches high. The rest of them were tiny little just started growing plants 2-3" high.
VERY small for the price. Also, half of the plants died.
I paid $308.87 for essentially a carton of mostly dirt with very tiny plants. I called and called and left messages, but no one ever called me back. I sent an email to Pete telling him how disappointed I am.
Also that I am a disabled veteran and do gardening for some therapy.

Pete's email back only said that I waited too long for ANY replacement plants. His 100% guarantee is meaningless. Too bad he is too busy building his house that he will not fulfill his 100% guarantee to a disabled veteran. NEVER BUY FROM PETE AGAIN.
Company representative comment on May 8, 2015:
On May 8, 2015 9:33 AM, NewGardenPlants.com (New Garden Plants) responded with:

I did send you an email stating we would not offer you a refund or replacements because it has been 2 years since we delivered your plants. Your plants were delivered 4/29/2013. It is now May 8, 2015.

Positive magickalgardens
Coleman, MI
April 29, 2015
I order hundreds of dollars of plants every year. First time with this company. Perfect! These are nice healthy plants. Great packaging. I will definitely buy from them again. Your company has joined the other 3 companies that I purchase plants from every year. I personally don't see what problem people would have with this company. All I can think of is that some people are very hard to please. This Master Gardener is very Happy. Your company is from my state which makes it even better. I love to support small businesses. Look for another order from me. :D
Positive amilie
Saint Clairsville, OH
September 19, 2014
I placed my first order with NewGarden Plants about 2 months ago. Most of my order were Coneflowers and Hostas. Even though my son forgot to tell me my order had arrived (and been placed in a very hot garage) for three days, the plants looked healthy! All the coneflowers bloomed within weeks and look very healthy. I placed another order recently and was just as pleased. I can not say how customer service is as I had no reason / problems concerning my orders and did not need to contact them. Selection was down somewhat but only because it was nearing the end of the season. I still was able to get varieties not available locally at fair prices.
Positive DGRich53
Janeville, WI
July 9, 2014
Posted on July 8, 2014, updated July 9, 2014
They seem to have a problem with data entered on their website. My credit card number appeared in the address label but when I e-mailed them about the problem, they failed to respond; additionally, they shipped Fedex secured so CS refuses to give package information "without the shipper's authorization". That's usually a sign that a merchant KNOWS they have a site problem.

I'll update this posting when the plants arrive....
On July 9th, 2014, DGRich53 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Update, my webmaster indicated the problem was THEIR auto fill program not NGP.

The plants arrived and NGP had handled the mailing issue up front. GREAT PLANTS, GREAT SERVICE, thanks.
Positive krueller
Brookpark, OH
June 28, 2014
A few weeks ago, I decided to redo the front of my house & I decided to order from this company, because their plants are usually a lot larger & healthier looking and I was not disappointed. I had the plants the next week, they were awesome looking and as usual they gave me a nice free annual, which looked great and worked well in my front yard. I will continue to do business with them. They're one of the best plant companies around, in my books!!!
Positive doxielvr
West Hartford, CT
June 24, 2014
Posted on June 24, 2014, updated June 24, 2014
Posted on May 6, 2014, updated June 24, 2014
I have ordered from newgardenplants 3 times - have not yet received my order this year. The plants I purchased did very well. A few did not come back - but we had a very rough winter here in the Northeast. I think their prices are fair, the plants arrive healthy and were well packed and I was impressed with how well they grew. I love the variety, and the convenience of being able to order from home. While I love to visit garden centers, I just cannot find everything I want in one place the way I can with ngp.
On June 24th, 2014, doxielvr changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I am disappointed to say that this years order included extremely tiny petunia plants with an apology note that I was receiving 15 vs. the 12 I had ordered. It took nearly a full month for these plants to get anywhere near decent size and they are finally producing some flowers. Definitely not what I had in mind. Additionally I wrote to Pete to let him know how disappointed I was in these plants as I have been a customer for several years - and I received NO RESPONSE. Very disappointed to not get the courtesy of a response = you lost a customer.
On June 24th, 2014, doxielvr changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Within hours of posting my revised comments about this year's order I did hear from Pete at NGP. He offered me replacement plants or a refund. I trust he will make good on this offer and appreciate him contacting me.
Negative jennwv11
FALLING WATERS, WV
June 18, 2014
I ordered 6 Red Supertunias, 6 Royal Velvet Supertunias, and some perennials for my garden. At the time of order, they asked me when I wanted them shipped so I highlighted the next week(meaning immediately/sometime within the next week). It took over two weeks, close to 3 weeks for me to receive them. I really think that it would probably have taken longer but I emailed Pete and asked when I could expect my order. I got my order at the end of that week. The problem that I have is with 6 Red Supertunias and Coreopsis Star Cluster. 4 out of the 6 Red Supertunias were wavy or another kind of petunias. I have planted Red and Royal Velvets since I moved into my house so after 10 years, I think I could tell the difference!!! I ordered from Pete because my local nurseries didn't have them for some reason or they already sold them out. I took pictures and sent them to Pete and he told me they were Supertunias and he would not refund or replace them. About a week ago, my Coreopsis flowered...and it was not Star Cluster but a yellow Coreopsis which I don't know the name of. Because of my experience with first order from them, I don't think I will order from newgardenplants.com again. I will continue to order from Romence Gardens who offer better service all around.
Positive LinkMNY
Harris Hill, NY
May 15, 2014
I have ordered from New Garden Plants for several years and have never been disappointed. The plants are very well packaged for shipping and arrive exactly when requested. The plants are HUGE! - not what you expect from mail order, They are ready to put in the ground and look like at least a second-year perennial in the garden. I always look forward to the "bonus plant" that is included with every order - an added surprise!
Positive danieltulip
Brooksville, FL (Zone 9b)
May 12, 2014
Posted on March 23, 2013, updated May 12, 2014
I have ordered from New Garden Plants several times in 2012 and 2013. I was very satisfied with the service and the quality of their plants. I have emailed Pete twice for info and both times I got a prompt reply. Have had only postive experiences with this company. ( And I'm not easy to satisfy and yes, I'm considered "Picky".) danieltulip
On May 12th, 2014, danieltulip added the following:

I have ordered from this company again this year. (2014) Wow!! The plants all arrived in great shape. Especially impressed with the size of the plants. The shipping is outstanding, packed very well, nothing broken, bent or out of the pots. This is a company that you can safely order from on line. The owner seems anxious to please and has always returned my questions promptly. Dan. Florida
Positive annamy
Bridge City, TX
May 11, 2014
I am really impressed by this company!!!
I ordered a butterfly bush from another mailorder company and it was super small and the plant was packed poorly.
I then ordered one from NEWGARDENPLANTS.COM after reading the reviews here first :)
The bush that arrived was FAR SUPERIOR to the other one and was packed wonderfully!!!! There was no way the plants were going to shift around because they were packed so well!!
The company even threw in a bonus plant which a absolutely adore!!
Newgardenplants.com is AMAZING and I will be doing business with them again SOON :)
Positive marlyce
Louisburg, KS
May 9, 2014
I have ordered plants from Dave for several years & have been blown away by how healthy they were!
Gorgeous additions to my yard & no problems with them growing.
Positive tysus07
Hillsboro, VA
May 6, 2014
Posted on May 6, 2014, updated May 6, 2014
This was my first order with New Garden Plants.com. I had read the reviews, and based on the fact that the most recent reviews were mostly positive, I went ahead and placed my order. Wow - what a fantastic experience! I placed my online order on a Saturday and the plants arrived that Thursday. All plants were packaged extremely well and looked great! They were bigger than I had anticipated and very healthy and just what I had ordered. I loved my "bonus" plant, too! As a matter of fact, I was so pleased with my order that I placed another order a few days later and I am now eagerly awaiting receipt of that order. Keep up the good work, Dave & family - you offer a wonderful selection of plants, at reasonable prices, and I am a very happy new customer!
On May 6th, 2014, tysus07 added the following:

oops - I said in my review below to keep up the good work "Dave" and family, but of course I meant PETE and family! Sorry about that! : )
Positive wruby
Slatington, PA (Zone 6a)
May 6, 2014
I ordered several coneflowers from them a few years ago. The plants were not huge, but they were very healthy looking, and really took off as soon as I planted them.They had a terrific selection, packed everything carefully, gave me a bonus plant and really nice metal tags for the plants--I would definitely order from them again!!

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]