The scoop on 'J&L Gardens'

J&L Gardens

60 County Road 11
Espanola, New Mexico 87532 (United States)

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on February 14, 2011:
J&L Gardens began as a farm to raise produce for local restaurants and farmers' markets in Northern New Mexico over 30 years ago. Over that time we have built a seed bank of nearly a thousand varieties of vegetables. Part of our mission is to save native corns, beans and chile and return them to be grown again on the acequias and in the Pueblos. The seed bank includes roughly 500 heirloom tomato varieties, and there is a breeding program to create and stabilize new artisan varieties. Currently, dozens of new varieties have been released and are offered by a number of larger seed companies.
We also offer seed for sale ourselves, all of which is raised here on the farm and processed in the traditional manner. The farm website is //www.jandlgardens.com if you would like to see more about our operation. You are welcome to contact me, Lee Goodwin, to inquire about varieties and request sample seed.

Comments:

Positive timdotconnel
Oklahoma City, OK
November 21, 2012
I was hesitant to order because they didn't have any reviews, but I couldn't pass up a couple of their unique tomato varieties. The order arrived in less than a week and they even sent a sample of a third tomato. Now I wish I had ordered more.