The scoop on 'Seed Needs'

Seed Needs

Seed Needs has 72 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Seed Needs is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

Allen Park, Michigan 48209 (United States)

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive cheesypoof
Woodbury, NJ
March 20, 2018
Great place to order seeds from. I'm particularly happy with the peaches & cream corn and butter & sugar corn seeds. These sprouted in days. Its been a week and most sprouts are over 3 inches tall. No seeds planted appear to have failed. Again, I am very pleased and will be ordering more.
Positive KDHickman
Pasco, WA,
United States
March 9, 2018
After purchasing a mixed variety packet (11) of herb seeds from Seed Needs via Amazon, and with the successful germination of almost all I started, I decided to visit their website and make some purchases. Unfortunately, after spending considerable time putting together a rather large order their system would not let me checkout. Of course, I sent them a disgruntled email, which was immediately responded to by the owner.
It took a day to bring in the IT company needed to find resolve the issue with the shopping cart during which, we exchange several emails to keep me informed of their progress. Eventually I was able to re-enter my order as a test to verify that the shopping cart now worked. For my troubles and the delay in placing my original order, he graciously and significantly discounted my subsequent order, twice!
I very promptly received my order of over 20 seed packets, very well packaged in a small, sturdy, cardboard box.
Overall, I was very pleased and surprised by the owner's friendly and positive attitude to resolve this issue.
My only real complaint is they don't as yet carry some tomato and carrot varieties I want. Regardless, in the future if I want to buy seeds, I intend to visit Seed Needs first to see if they have what I need. If not, only then will I look elsewhere.
Company representative comment on March 9, 2018:
On Mar 9, 2018 10:46 AM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much for your review and your order! We truly appreciate the fact that you were willing to work with us on the issues that were presented that week. We do plan to get some new varieties in for 2019, or 2020!

Thanks again! =]

Positive emassey
Metairie, LA
March 7, 2018
This was my first order from SeedNeeds and Iím really excited. I am a very amateur butterfly gardener and am eager to master growing milkweed for the Monarchs. Since the seeds didnít go through the natural wintering process, I am going to cold moist stratify them. Iím hoping this is the right method?? The seed packs tell you to just put the seeds in the fridge for 2-4 weeks but I have concerns that without moisture, such as placing the seeds on a damp paper towel in a zip lock bag, the seeds wonít replicate the natural moist winter environment that allows them to begin growing. Weíll see?! Iím hopeful that Iíll be reposting another great review with pics of the growing milkweed.

AlsoóMy order arrived super fast AND the packaging is just perfect!! I love the way the milkweed is presented AND I received a free package of sunflower collection that I was excited to give to my neighbor. They're teaching their son about gardening!!
Company representative comment on March 7, 2018:
On Mar 7, 2018 7:13 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you kindly for your review. We very much appreciate your business!

Positive Yarrowhead
Wellston, OK
March 6, 2018
I ordered most of this years vegetable seeds and some wildflower mixes for our bee meadow. I received the shipment on time and complete. I have been very satisfied with the quality, prices, and selection. I will recommend Seed Needs to everyone in the future!
Positive WMB80
Pottstown, PA
March 4, 2018
Peppermint Seeds:
As soon as my seeds arrived I put about half of them into the growing kits that I already own. It's been a little over two weeks and many of the seeds have already sprouted. This was my first order from this company and since it was successful I will be ordering more seeds from them in the future.
Company representative comment on March 4, 2018:
On Mar 4, 2018 9:31 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you kindly for your review and your purchase!

Positive dlightfoot
Bolivar, MO
Posted on February 25, 2018, updated March 3, 2018
First time I ordered seeds came in fine at reasonable price. Just now start ing to grow them so can\'t give a definite answer on overall end product. 2ND order was arrived with wrong seeds. I emailed them about the mistake and they are to send me my correct seeds. Hopefully will get them soon. So I\'m neutral rating till I get them and be able to start planting.
On March 3rd, 2018, dlightfoot changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Got the herbal seeds I ordered and am thankful to keep the milkweed seeds that were sent to me by mistake. My catmint and catnip are coming up fine!
On Feb 25, 2018 7:16 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much for your order and my apologies that you received an incorrect seed collection. The two items sit next to each other on the shelf, so it was a mis-pick for sure.

Please note from our email exchanges that you have been sent the correct seed collection, and for the troubles, you won't be required to return the 6 individual Milkweed packets that you had received. This is a bonus for the inconvenience.

Thank you so much, and we are hoping that once this is resolved you would willingly and gladly change this rating to a positive one. =]

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us immediately!

Thanks again and happy gardening.

Positive Trotte74
Florence, CO
March 3, 2018
They had the best variety for us to start a butterfly garden.Very cute packing, with explanation how to grow. Received the packages very fast. We didn't plant the seeds yet, it is too cold here in Colorado.
Company representative comment on March 20, 2018:
On Mar 20, 2018 11:23 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank so much for your review! We appreciate your business.

Positive IrwinRun
Gibsonia, PA
March 3, 2018
I love the story behind Seed Needs. I order from them every year now. They are very generous with the amount of seed per packet and everything germinates! The selection of perennial herbs and flowers keeps me coming back, as I like the challenge of building my perennial through seed starting. And as a seed collector & seed saver, it's so nice to receive a high number of seeds per pack. I grow a large amount and share with family and friends. Great company, fast service, high selection and good shipping deals. Try them out!
Positive AudreyLJ
Elwell, MI
March 1, 2018
I placed my first order and received it very quickly. Everything I ordered was there and I cannot wait to get them started! Thank you for having such a nice variety of things.
Positive oleman
Dallas,
United States
March 1, 2018
I could not be happier with Seed Needs service, from shipping to ground.

Planted the Texas Wild Flower Mix (half of seed packet) 9 days ago and have sprouts throughout my flower bed. You can see the sprouts are very thick in this photo:

[[email protected]]

Will order again without hesitation and so happy I found them!
Company representative comment on March 1, 2018:
On Mar 1, 2018 4:08 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much for your kind and honest review!

Positive alphafemale1975
Charleston, WV
February 28, 2018
Wonderful product from a wonderful company. Their website is extremely easy to navigate and they have a vast assortment of seeds. My order was processed quickly, arrived on time, and was well packaged. Have recommended this website to several other small producers in my area.
Company representative comment on March 1, 2018:
On Mar 1, 2018 4:16 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much for your kind review! We truly appreciate your business!

Positive LaLaRichter
Spotsylvania, VA
February 28, 2018
I ordered seeds at the end of last year and have yet to plant them. However, they sent the seeds promptly and tons of them for a great price.
Positive gardenmt
Kalispell, MT
February 28, 2018
I have placed my first two orders and love everything about this company. I love the packaging and tips and advice on the website. Their customer service is fantastic! My seeds were received quickly and in excellent condition. I can't wait for our snow to melt so I can plant them!
Company representative comment on February 28, 2018:
On Feb 28, 2018 11:55 AM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thanks so much for your business and allowing us to serve you!

Positive Rella159
Port Charlotte, FL
February 27, 2018
This is my second year ordering seeds from your co. I love the variety of seeds!!
Positive kpstv
Edmond, OK
February 26, 2018
Purchased different kinds of tomato seeds (Black Krim and Cherokee Purple) and they have all started to sprout.
Company representative comment on February 27, 2018:
On Feb 27, 2018 7:06 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

thank you kindly for this review!

Neutral davidMS
Summit, MS
February 26, 2018
Okay, I know I'm going out on a limb here, but can someone explain to me why seed needs has 20+ reviews in the last few days? Are they offering a special if customers write a review? I've never seen anything like this with any other company so I'm curious as to what is going on. Can anyone shed some light on this? I guess I'm just having a hard time taking this seriously.
On Feb 26, 2018 7:53 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

This is part of a promotional offer and it is for 100% REAL and HONEST reviews only. We accept any and all neutral, negative and positive ratings through this promotion. We are not specifically requesting positive ratings, and this can be seen as a customer of ours has in fact provided a neutral rating, which we accept as an honest review.

We take negative and neutral ratings as a form of constructive criticism and are always looking to better our products and services.

If you are not a customer of ours, please check us out and leave your review as well! New customers get 30% off their orders with the coupon code NEW30

Thank you kindly!

Positive Futuresheehan
Lacey, WA
February 26, 2018
I ordered custom printed flower packets for decorations for my wedding.. they came promptly and were packaged with care. Not to mention the price was right! I'm thrilled with my purchase!
On Feb 26, 2018 3:46 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Positive petethedogg
Ocala, FL
February 25, 2018
Order arrived quickly. No surprises. Seeds appear viable. I've germinated a few already. Still a little early in the season. I will use this company again.
On Feb 25, 2018 7:23 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Positive Jill660
East Peoria, IL
February 25, 2018
I love the selection of available seeds. It was difficult to choose because there were so many! The seeds arrived in a timely manner and were packaged beautifully with complete sowing and growing instructions. The envelopes held a generous amount of clean, viable seeds. I will definitely order here every year!
Positive Sadiebears
Denver, CO
February 24, 2018
I love their collection of wildflower seeds! I have been able to find seeds like chicory that I was not able to find anywhere else. They also have quite an extensive selection of milkweed varieties that are perfect for helping out the beneficial insect populations as well as the monarch butterflies. All of my purchases have arrived promptly and, as an added bonus, in beautifully decorated packets. Last year I tried the baby boo pumpkins and got tons of adorable little pumpkins from just a couple of plants. Seeds Needs has become one of my go-to sources for seeds.
On Feb 25, 2018 10:56 AM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much for such a kind review! We are always happy to serve you with the highest quality of seeds!

Positive Eowyn3399
Carlisle, PA
February 24, 2018
I absolutely loved ordering from this company. I ordered from 4 different suppliers, including an etsy seller, amazon & another catalog, & this was the fastest to deliver. Gorgeous seed packets (I looove cute packets!!), & cheap, beautiful heirloom beets & pumpkins to come. Definitely will order again! Free shipping over $12..just stellar 💚
On Feb 25, 2018 10:59 AM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much for such a kind review! We hope to serve you for many years to come.

Positive nkirchhoff
West Palm Beach, FL
February 24, 2018
Great selection, better than average seed viability, and quality information about plant needs on their site. We live in South Florida and it is often hard to find varieties that work in our growing zone. Seed Needs has more than any other site.
On Feb 24, 2018 9:40 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thanks so much for your review!

Positive Fairymom89
La Crescenta, CA
February 24, 2018
Iíve purchased a bunch of seeds from this place (veggies, sunflower mixes, wildflower mixes). Every time Iíve planted a seed, theyíve all popped. This is an extremely affordable place with fast processing, incredible shipping. This is my first stop when Iím looking for seeds, but Iíve only had to go to another place for 2 houseplants. The website is easy to use, has all the information I need for each seed/plant right there. Honestly, this is the best seed store Iíve found.
Positive Scaffidi87
Hammonton, NJ
February 24, 2018
The shipping was very quick and I had made a mistake when ordering, they fixed it and my seeds packs look perfect!!! Thanks so much
On Feb 24, 2018 9:44 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Positive tatterweave
Fruitport, MI
February 23, 2018
I will shop here again. My seeds came very quickly. Now I haven't started them yet, but I was pleased with the selection and prices. There were a few varieties of plants I wanted to grow and I was more then pleased to find them available.
On Feb 25, 2018 7:08 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much for your review. We sincerely appreciate your business.

Positive FlatTackFarm
Gresham, OR
February 23, 2018
We purchased a few variety packs and pepper seeds. So far we've had good germination with the Habaneros. One of the best prices Ive seen for Basil variety packs. The seeds are packaged nicely, company communications were good. We received the seeds promptly. I would recommend shopping with them!
On Feb 23, 2018 10:49 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Positive Lindsjitsu
Snoqualmie, WA
February 23, 2018
In the last two years Iíve made almost a dozen purchases from seed needs. Not only do they have quality seeds and beautiful artwork on their seed packets, but their custermer service is also great. Iíve needed to contact them twice due to an incorrect seed packet being shipped and they were quick to offer a correct replacement which i was very pleased with. Iíve had excellent germination from all my seeds so far and canít wait to grow the many more Iíve accumulated since last growing season. Itís a little too easy to shop there with their very low minimum for free shipping as well as their awesome selection of seeds!
On Feb 23, 2018 10:52 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much for your kind words and very in depth review. We try our best to make every customer happy!

Positive alovefromouters
Tucson, AZ
February 23, 2018
Over the last few years it has been hard for us to find a reliable source for our seed needs. ;)

Not only did they Holy Basil seed available, the packet had 500 seeds! Along with free shipping
because our order was over $12! One site I used to order from required a $200 order for free shipping! A+
On Feb 23, 2018 8:59 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate your business.

Positive karasc82
South Saint Paul, MN
February 23, 2018
Ordered some Frizzle Sizzle Pansy seeds from this company. Came in a nice padded package. The packet said 60 seedsóthere was definitely more than that in the packet! I sowed all the seeds (again, more than 60 of them) into 50 peat cells, 48/50 of them now have seedlings. Many of the cells have more than one seed that germinated so I will have to thin them. But I think that was a great germination rate! Canít wait to see the blooms. I should mention that this is the first time I have started anything from seed!

I also ordered some Rococo pansies from the same company and am looking forward to using them this fall. I will be a repeat customer of Seed Needs!
On Feb 24, 2018 9:42 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thanks so much for posting this review. We truly appreciate your business!

Positive Marymitchell
Maplesville, AL
February 23, 2018
I love this company they were fast at shipping the seeds arrived in great shape plenty of seeds to share and plant and their seed packs are amazing decorated
On Feb 23, 2018 7:55 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much, we truly appreciate your kind review!

Positive Pepperjack1
Moab, UT
February 23, 2018
I ordered and promptly received packet each of Red Habanero and Peach Habanero seeds a few months ago and germinated them in January for spring planting. I had many other varieties of peppers that were successfully germinated at the same time. I had a satisfactory success rate with the Red habs but none of the Peach habs germinated. Seeds Needs replaced the seeds at no charge and I planted them and 18 germinated 3 weeks ago. They seem to have just stopped growing and remain stunted at about 1/2" tall with no true leaves. So I had a major fail with the Peach Habaneros but a good experience with the company as initial seed shipping and replacement shipping was quick.
On Feb 23, 2018 7:56 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Positive Deb_schoolcraft
Martinsville, IN
February 23, 2018
I love the variety of seeds, the specialty seeds that you can't find in stores, and the reasonable shipping costs!
On Feb 23, 2018 7:38 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate your business!

Positive pwalchli
Cincinnati, OH
February 23, 2018
I have ordered seeds the past two years. I am very pleased with the quality of the seeds and how well the plants grew. The artwork on the seed packets is beautiful. This year I ordered the same seeds I did last year and quite a few others also. Their prices are excellent and shipping is very reasonable. The website is very easy to navigate.
On Feb 23, 2018 7:28 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you kindly for your review! We truly appreciate your business!

Positive mariejoy
Colchester, CT
February 23, 2018
My seeds were delivered fast and without a problem. The company is easy to deal with and I'm happy.

To those with germination issues, please, consider buying a seedling heat mat. My seedling heat mat raised my germination rate to 100%.
On Feb 26, 2018 3:36 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thanks so much for your kind review!

Positive Trishaweilert
Wichita, KS
February 23, 2018
Iíve been ordering from Seed Needs for a year now, and love their selection of beautiful seeds. The seeds are high-quality and priced reasonably! I order flower and vegetable seeds from them because they are pesticide-free. I expecifally love their wildflower seed selection. The only issues Iíve experienced is with the beet seeds not quite growing to their potential, though it was my first time trying to grow beets. The packages are always shipped quickly & intact.
On Feb 23, 2018 7:12 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you kindly for your review.

Positive Tnbritt28
Lebanon, TN
February 23, 2018
Love seedneeds. So far everything I've planted inside has germinated. One of my top picks to purchase seeds from. Plenty of seeds and good germination rate. Highly recommended. Will be buying from again. Love the flowers and herbs they have available.
On Feb 23, 2018 7:10 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you so much, we truly appreciate your business!

Positive TheOkayJK
Portland, OR
February 23, 2018
I bought 1,000 forget-me-not seeds from them. The whole experience was really easy and smooth. They arrived very quickly and we're relatively cheap. The ones I've planted are growing fantastically so far and are already getting pretty big! I will definitely buy from them again next time I need some seeds!
On Feb 23, 2018 6:58 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Thank you kindly for your review.

Positive Scribe41
Columbus, IN
February 23, 2018
I ordered multiple seeds from Seed Needs, including ground cherry, purple cauliflower and luffa gourd...which I am very excited about! I received a culinary herb seed collection free as part of my order, which was a fantastic bonus. I will be winter sowing many of the seeds I purchased and canít wait to see them growing. Prices were great, shipping was super fast and the company sent multiple order/shipment updates which was awesome.
On Feb 23, 2018 7:00 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Positive Horsekrazcort
Port Saint Lucie, FL
February 23, 2018
Seeds germinate much quicker and more reliable than what I purchased at Home Depot. Firecracker Sunflowers are stunning. Unfortunately, my herbs and peppers didn't make it but I think the hurricane took them out. Wildflowers took well. Will definitely buy again.
On Feb 23, 2018 7:02 PM, Seed Needs responded with:

Hey, thank you for your review!

Negative pugetblooms
Port Orchard, WA
May 10, 2017
I think we spent about $45-$50 on seeds from my seed needs last spring, between two orders. Out of the ridiculous amounts of seeds we planted both in pots and directly sown, only the sticky purple geranium grew. It grew very well. Nothing else came up at all.
Company representative comment on May 15, 2017:
On May 15, 2017 11:05 AM, Seed Needs responded with:

We constantly carry the freshest of seed stock available. We are replenishing our inventory weekly to bi-weekly and never store seeds for an extended period of time.

All of our packets are filled when the demand is high and all seeds are guaranteed to grow for up to 180 days.

If a sowing error is made, the seeds will not grow. There are several factors that can affect germination, such as too much or too little sunlight or water. Sowing depth is very important, as well as temperatures as well.

You can go ahead and check out our feedback on Amazon. we have a 97% rating, and for good reason. You can see that the large majority of comments show that our seeds are extremely viable.

You might also be interested to read the reviews for our products as well.

Thank you kindly for your understanding.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]