The scoop on 'For Love of Roses '

For Love of Roses

499 Lucy Kelly Road
Brighton, Tennessee 38011 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Negative mlaiuppa
San Diego, CA (Zone 10b)
May 29, 2020
Posted on May 28, 2020, updated May 29, 2020
Posted on May 10, 2020, updated May 28, 2020
I ordered $220.50 in roses on January 6, 2020. When they didn't ship by March I contacted the company. He said they weren't shipping because of Covid. I contacted him again in May and rather than give me an update on shipping he is canceling my order and issuing me a refund. Something I told him I did not want to do. I'm disappointed my roses weren't shipped soon enough and more so that my order is now canceled. I could have bought a few of them from other vendors back in January and there are some on the list I can't get from anyone else. Now I have to start all over again.
On May 28th, 2020, mlaiuppa changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

It's now May 28 and he hasn't responded to three requests for a refund so I have had to issue a dispute with my credit card company. I have also left him a negative on YELP. HE's down to two stars now. Looks like he's taken money but shipped nothing since at least December 2019. That is way before the lock down. His real job is a CPA. If I needed one I sure wouldn't hire him. Not if this is an example of how he does business.
On May 29th, 2020, mlaiuppa added the following:

File a complaint with the Tennessee Atty Gen. office:

[[email protected]]

Complete the form to file a complaint about being charged for roses and not receiving them. You will be asked to submit documentation of when you ordered, your credit card charges, and that you have contacted Richard J. Anthony (FLOR) about not receiving the roses at least once.
Negative Neoshannon
Bessemer, AL
May 19, 2020
I ordered 2 roses in spring of 2019. The money was removed from my account. I never received the roses. I have emailed time and again. I have tried to call and the voicemail box is always full. Prior to this, I had bought from them a couple of times and had a good experience. I don't know what is going on.
Negative vspady
Madera, CA
April 8, 2020
Made a purchase online before the virus hit the US, and have been charged for the purchase. Have never received any confirmation, shipping date estimates, etc. have written using their web form twice, no replies. Have called their
Numbers; one is out of service and the other has a full voice mailbox so I canít leave a message and no one answers. Concerned the owner is unwell, or has closed the business but you can still make purchases from their webpage, which isnít great if there is no one to fulfill orders. 😭
Positive suguy
Simi Valley, CA (Zone 9a)
June 8, 2013
I ordered two roses from Whit Wells (now called For Love of Roses) this Spring.
Fantastic plants -- big and healthy.
And they shipped out within just a couple of days of my online order.

The two roses I got were POWERHOUSE and SUNGLOW.

Richard J. Anthony (the owner of FLOR) is a wonderful guy.
He e-mails confirmations out and is highly interested in his customers and their needs.

I cannot recommend this nursery too highly.
I'm sure I will be buying from them again.

Positive Gully
Ellicott City, MD
April 16, 2013
I ordered nine roses last week (three each of Memphis Music, Memphis Magic and Abby's Angel). They arrived safely at my home today and were well packaged. The plants are nicely sized with healthy green leaves. I would not hesitate to order from them again in the future.
Positive jjnerd
Elberta, AL
September 12, 2012
Ordered the Memphis Music. Shipping was fast, if you call you will probably get the owner, directly. Courteous service and fantastic roses....I was desperately searching for the Abracadabra, but these were a very nice substitute. Wish they were bigger but they are mini flora...I have no experience with them but they are getting bigger as they grow...
Positive monniemon
Lansdale, PA
March 29, 2012
this was my first time ordering from this company, i have 120 roses and needed some specialty minifloras for my front and side yards. I stumbled upon this company seeking the beautiful Memphis Music and Nashville Music miniflora. As always i check for info on the company from Davegarden and saw that this company had no negative feedback, so i made a purchase.

The roses were spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!! and they were wrapped nicely with a good amount of their own soil, all i had to do was to stick them in the pot, very healthy looking roses. I would definitely recommend this company, this one is a keeper.
Positive divvajacko
Hinckley, OH (Zone 6a)
May 3, 2011
This is my first order from Whit and it was great. I ordered Top Contender, Ashton, Yellow Bird and two Memphis Kings. Now, I did order Memphis Queen but Whit didn't send it because it doesn't grow well in NE Ohio. Nice Healthy plants. If you do call the phone number you get Whit Wells directly. I definitely will be placing another order.