1245 Airport Rd
Lakewood, New Jersey 08701 (United States)
855-534-2733

Reviews:

Displaying the 41 most recent reviews

On May 4, 2021, 829FlowerLady (1 reviews) from Kent, OH

I really wanted to love this company--they have such a nice inventory of bulbs. However, the bulbs I received did not look healthy. I planted them anyways, and the ones that did come up looked dreadful. They were planted with bulbs from other companies and I am a master gardener. This was really a huge disappointment.

On Apr 14, 2021, lorettalea (5 reviews) from Moscow, TN

Ordered dahlias this year and was so pleased with the experienced ordered 4 more times. The Oriental lilies bulbs I got were huge and everything was packaged very nicely.

On Feb 26, 2021, kyjudy (3 reviews) from Trenton, KY

Longfield Gardens never disappoints me. I order Dahlias and other bulbs, and they stand behind their products. MaryAnne is a big help. I also rely on their blog information.

On Feb 22, 2021, karenandian (2 reviews) from Haddonfield, NJ

Very pleased with my experiences over multiple years with longfield. They are 'local' to me in south jersey, have prices that beat competitors (looking at you breck's) at their retail prices not to mention sales. Very nice customer service for one incident of mushy/moldy bulbs which I received a replacement for but did have to pay shipping. One incident of mislabelled hosta which I didn't realize until months later when it had grown somewhat, did not ask for return as it wasn't a big deal. Otherwise bulb quality has been great. Medium sized but still neat selection, great collection of tropicals. strongly recommend.

On Jul 24, 2020, colorecho (7 reviews) from Stamford, CT

I ordered dahlia tubers and lily bulbs this year from Longfield, and they were all were fine except for one set of 3 dahlia tubers (Melody Mambo). Two of the three failed (one didn't sprout, one sprouted then wilted). As I'm an experienced gardener and all my other dahlias thrived, I contacted Longfield. They were very responsive. They said they were all out of that dahlia for this year and offered to replace them next year or provide a refund. I chose the refund and they credited my credit card promptly. Very nice customer service.

On Jun 12, 2020, chivelu (5 reviews) from Mohawk, NY

Posted on June 11, 2020, updated June 12, 2020 In 2018 I ordered a Buckeye Belle peony. It is blooming in 2020 finally and is not even the correct color! My flower bed was designed around a dark ruby red, not a magenta with white markings at the base. VERY disappointed. I had the same experience with another mail order supplier of dutch bulbs...a white "cora louise" that turned out to be a yellow bartzella. There is a dutch supplier to these companies that doesnt care.

On June 12th, 2020, chivelu changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following: Changing rating from negative to neutral based on the companys good customer service response to my complaint. That said, I have now received 3 mislabelled or not the correct cultivar dutch peonies from 3 different vendors. There is cause for concern, especially with a plant that may take several years to bloom.

On Apr 2, 2020, whaisname (4 reviews) from Oyster Bay, NY

Received an order of Canna and caladium bulbs. The bulbs are large and well packaged. Thank you. The only problem is that I did not specify shipping next month. My bad. I am now trying to gather together enough pots to help them get a head start.

On Nov 19, 2019, mumsmums (4 reviews) from Manvel, TX

I buy lots of Daffodil bulbs from several companies and this company has the best daffodil bulbs i've seen. Most r very larger bulbs with smaller ones attached. some times 2 attached.. Will definitely buy again

On Jun 23, 2019, jheisser (5 reviews) from Fairland, IN

I bought some Dahlias from Longfield in 2018 and they did OK. This year I ordered a different variety with much worse results. 1. The package was supposed to contain 3 plants, but there were only two there, plus a couple loose tubers. 2. Although the tubers themselves looked healthy, their necks, where they joined the stem, were very dry and frayed looking. 3. I planted the 2 Dahlias but only one came up (and appears to be doing well). I have not contacted them about any refund. I am unlikely to order from them again.

On May 12, 2019, Tangerin (6 reviews) from Fremont, CA

I ordered dahlia and gladiolus from them this spring. The dahlia tubers are quite good. They came out fast and are growing vigorously. The gladiolus tubers have some minor mold and are not the largest, but they mostly sprouted well. Will see how they flower. I would say they are slightly above average among the bulb vendors I've worked with. One advantage of them is that they ship earlier than others in spring. For warm places like California we want to plant summer bulbs in March or even Feburary, while most bulb vendors don't start to ship until April. My order with them was shipped on Feb 26th. I do wish they sell some smaller packs like the Brent and Becky's. For someone with a small garden 3 dahlia or 20 tulips are really too many of a good thing. I have to discard many bulbs because I don't have enough acreage. What a pity.

On Apr 9, 2019, srosekelly (2 reviews) from Seattle, WA

Longfield Gardens has the best customer service. If you have an issue with any of their products they will reply promptly and get replacements bulbs sent out to you. They don't make you dig up the bulbs and take multiple picture like some companies. Even if you only have issue with a couple of bulbs, they will send you a full replacement package.

On Aug 5, 2018, CzarKitty (1 reviews) from Bellefontaine, MS

I order Narcissus bulbs from Longfield Gardens that were planted fall of 2017. The shipment arrived in good shape, the bulbs were large and healthy. The bags were marked with the exact names I had ordered 100 Ice Follies 100 Dutch Master 100 Mount Hood. The bulbs bloomed very well in the spring, however, they were not the varietys I had ordered. I had maybe 15 yellow blooms, 15 white blooms, and all the rest were some sort of double blooms, solid white. I could not find a photo of them on their website. I have no idea what variety they might be, but I don't expect much in the way of long term blooms. I was very very disappointed. I tried repeatedly to call Longfield but never got an answer. I finally just gave up. No way to resolve the issue if they won't answer the phone. Planting 300 bulbs was not an easy task for a 67 year old woman. I was expecting spring blooms for years to come. I don't think that any company should substitute bulbs without asking the customer first.

On Apr 29, 2018, AlanMayer (1 reviews) from Newtonville, MA

Placed my first order with Longfield Gardens last week for some dahlias and peonies and promptly received the order just a few days later. They were well packed, and looked healthy and plump! I had bought a few dahlias from a local store and the Longfield were so much better. Just placed a repeat order for more and am looking forward to watching them grow.

On Apr 14, 2018, trustmissy (3 reviews) from Bay City, MI

I bought 15 dahlia tubers from Longfield Gardens, based on the positive reviews I read on this site. Unfortunately, only three of the 15 tubers were possibly viable. The tubers were a mass of tiny, baby finger like appendages with broken necks. I called them right away and they said they would send me new tubers, but I have not received them yet. Since I start my dahlias early in pots, getting them soon is important. I will consider changing my rating if and when I get some decent tubers. I have read on my Facebook dahlia page that someone else ran into this same problem and they did get new, slightly better tubers.

On Jul 27, 2017, architectmom (5 reviews) from San Francisco, CA

Dahlias - very healthy, robust plants with lots of blooms. Tubers arrived, well packed but they were the most dried out looking of the 3 companies I ordered from. I had low expectations for sprouting but ... they turned into healthy, vigorous plants with lots of blooms. So I'm happy! Surprisingly, the tubers from Longfields actually out performed the single, giant tubers sent by Swan Island.

On Jul 24, 2017, Contutti (5 reviews) from York, ME

I contacted Michelle at customer service today to forward photos of a white rimmed gladiolus that had bloomed and was supposed to be crocosmia. Somehow the package had been mislabeled. Shortly later, I received a friendly apology and a promise to send a replacement in the spring. It is such a pleasure when customer service is done in a cheerful manner without an extraordinary effort on the part of the customer.

On Jul 20, 2017, Tamsins29 (3 reviews) from Burton, OH

Purchased multi pack of clematis via Costco this Spring, all grew beautifully except one variety. Contacted Costco for replacements and was told that Longfield did not have that particular variety left and could they send a similar one. I was fine with that, so they did - they also sent about 20 mixed phlox plants too! Very impressed with the customer service and the quality of the plants sent. Will definitely buy from them again.

On Jun 21, 2017, NYBokey (2 reviews) from East Meadow, NY

I have been doing business with Longfield Gardens as a result of the recommendations here on Dave's Garden. I am so happy I found them. The photos on their site are very accurate to the plants, the bulbs are top quality and larger than those I've ordered from so-called "Dutch" companies, and highly reliable to bloom. But for me, the one thing that sets LG apart is the service. The shipping is lightning fast - granted, I am in NY, and they are in NJ - but I have found that they don't waste a minute processing your order and getting it shipped. Out of a number of successful orders...incredible tulips, hyacinths, allium, clematis...I had one issue with a fair quantity of hardy pink geranium that didn't live through the first season, even though they were planted with other hardy geranium that have performed perfectly year over year. However, I waited to see if they would come back this year, but they did not. I had saved my online receipt, but it had been slightly over a year when I contacted them to ask about what options I might have. The customer service could not have been better. Stellar, in fact. I explained what happened and they promptly issued me a full refund. Unquestionably one of the best bulb companies out there, and in my 40 years of gardening, that's saying something.

On Jun 15, 2017, ktinct (3 reviews) from AMSTON, CT

I have been purchasing plants from LFG for many years. I've ordered from dozens and dozens (that is a low end estimate) of online garden retailers and each year LFG remains my constant. Not only is their customer service exceptional but their products rarely fail me. And if it does, they are quick to remedy the situation. I thought this was going to be a bad dahlia year, I lost a bunch of tubers over winter due to a flooded basement and when I reordered from LFG the tubers were a bit smaller than previous years, less eyes, overall they just didn't look good. I had nothing to lose so I potted them to start and wouldn't you know every single tuber is growing. And this was on probably 20-30 tubers, which are pretty good odds! This was a few months ago at this point, and the LFG plants are currently almost twice the size of the dahlias I purchased from other shops. They don't cut their tubers up, so I'm sure that helps. Another note worth mentioning is about their customer service. Last year I was talking to a CS rep about another order I had placed and she mentioned the mixed bag of peonies that just went on sale. They were rock bottom prices so I had her add it to my order. I think I got around 10-15 total. This spring came around and I had a bunch of surprise blooms. I was able to identify most of them but was uncertain of one variety. I emailed LFG, and within a day, a rep reached out, and she positively identified the plant for me. For a company that size, I was really pleased with the level of service and the response time. Those are my two most recent LFG experiences but every year I have the same positive reaction. I recommend LFG to all my family and friends. I just wish they'd offer the same great coupon codes to returning/loyal customers that they do to first time buyers! ;)

On Mar 17, 2017, no_regrets (7 reviews) from San Diego, CA

Posted on October 22, 2016, updated March 17, 2017 I am a big customer of bulbs, unable to resist them whether walking past them at nurseries or placing online orders from my usual trusted sources. I only found Longfield because they are apparently the partner that Costco sells bulbs from, and I trust Costco more than just about any other retailer I know. So even though I had already ordered my bulbs for this season, I was unable to resist Longfield's exceptional pricing, wide variety, nonexistent shipping over $50 (that could easily be $10 to $15 elsewhere)! and figured I had the Costco return policy in my back pocket. Imagine my surprise when my order shipped the day after I placed my order, and arrived only 2 days after that. And this was for no shipping fee! And the bulbs... Oh my goodness, it is hard to find bulbs like these. Huge, healthy, not a single dud! I feel that the low pricing at Longfield is misleading when it comes to the exceptional quality and service they provide. Definitely my go-to source from now on, and that is no small thing for me!

On March 17th, 2017, no_regrets added the following: I placed another order of Longfield Gardens bulbs, a screaming deal on an assortment of dahlia, calla, lily and gladiola, through the Costco website. It shipped 2 days after when they said it would, but given that I had ordered a full month prior to that, I hardly noticed. It arrived at my doorstep in a very well-packaged box, and all the bulbs were large, extremely healthy, fresh,bursting with life. You know how most bulbs look like something dried up and dead, and we gardeners have to really *hope* that something inside will "wake up"? These bulbs came out of the box looking very much alive. The roots on the dense and heavy lily bulbs were full, white, and hydrated, for example. When's the last time you saw roots like that on a bulb?!? I am still very much a Longfield (and Costco) fan.

On Dec 17, 2016, nitzi1944 (12 reviews) from Kings Park, NY (Zone 7a)

Posted on November 7, 2015, updated December 17, 2016 Posted on May 25, 2015, updated November 7, 2015 Ordered liatris bulbs. Well priced. They arrived on time last week.The box had air holes. Great. Out of 24 in the bag, only one felt kind of mushy. Am planting today. Will order again.

On November 7th, 2015, nitzi1944 added the following: I just received some tulip bulbs. They came right away.; within 3 days of my ordering them. Great! Well packed and no duds. This is my first time ordering tulips from this company and I needed some extras to fill in what I ordered from other companies. They even included some freebies. how nice! will order again next year.
On December 17th, 2016, nitzi1944 added the following: Glad I found this place. Love the website. I love the bouquet tulip blends and the parrot tulip blends. Bulbs come well packaged. I contacted the company b/c there were some hyacinths missing. They sent the missing 'Alois" ones right away.Will order next year again.

On Nov 22, 2016, collectorpalms (15 reviews) from College Station, TX

Posted on November 25, 2015, updated November 22, 2016 Posted on November 25, 2015, updated November 25, 2015 Posted on April 2, 2015, updated November 25, 2015 Beautiful website. I had followed their website, and they closed their fall bulbs sales without notice. However, I sent an email and was contacted that I could order. I also was able to talk to a live person. Nevertheless, I ordered around 100 Tulips, and I chilled them for several weeks before planting, it is now April and they have mostly bloomed. The Stunning Apricot tulip is Stunning, the Sky High Scarlet Tulip is Sky High and the Purple Dream Tulip looks like its from a dream. Thank you Longfield!

On November 25th, 2015, collectorpalms added the following: I Greatly appreciated Longfield Gardens posting a 40 percent off End of Season Closeout sale on their fall bulbs. As a result, I placed a few extra final orders, as to opposed to Brent and Beck's which did not have a fall sale. My ordered shipped within 1-2 business days of order and were free. Will update in Spring.
On November 22nd, 2016, collectorpalms added the following: Another great experience from Longfield gardens. Same or next day shipping. I think they even sent me several extra bulbs! Looking forward to another show stopping spring thanks to Longfield.

On Apr 24, 2016, suemar63 (2 reviews) from MANTON, MI (Zone 4b)

This was my first time ordering from Longfield Gardens. I must say--it was a pleasure to do business with them. Though there was an error with one of the items sent, it was corrected immediately. The replacement arrived at my door within 2 days. I am very happy with their prompt service. The prices were reasonable, and the dahlia tubers I ordered were the nicest I've ever bought. Thanks , Longfield!

On Oct 16, 2015, charkool (1 reviews) from Chandler, AZ

I recently placed an order with them for assorted tulip and allium bulbs. The bulbs were shipped right away with excellent packing too. I was so pleased to receive big, top-grade healthy bulbs. This is my first order with them and I will certainly be ordering in the future.

On May 7, 2015, riosamba (21 reviews) from Marlboro, NJ

Posted on June 20, 2014, updated May 7, 2015 Longfield gardens is a great resource for the tissue cultured cannas. I am always skeptical when I am buying rhizomes but these are growing so well and are so healthy I am now a customer for life. Some of them are actually growing too well and I may have to give some to my friends as 2 pots of Tropicana Black have so many canes coming up they would probably tip over in a few more weeks. Only put one rhizome in a pot up to 20 inches because each rhizome is sending up multiple growth. In 35 years they are in my top three of canna resources in this country. Their customer service is also fabulous. Nice, friendly , honest people. What a great company.

On May 7th, 2015, riosamba added the following: Just received more Israeli cannas from Longfield Gardens. The rhizomes are all very healthy. All of the cannas that I purchased from them last year performed beautifully I know these new cannas will do the same and none have the virus. What a great place to buy from

On Apr 5, 2015, Qdangson (16 reviews) from Quincy, MA

Posted on March 25, 2015, updated April 5, 2015 Ordered 2 weeks ago. Received notice that they shipped yesterday. Received order this morning. It helps that Im in Boston and they are in New Jersey. Dahlia tubers were decent some better than others, although one of the lady darlene tuber clumps didnt have any viable tubers after the broken ones were cut off, just a crown was left, same with one of the gallery la tour dahlias Ill cross my fingers it will make it. The odorata tuberous begonia tubers were huge. Im ecstatic about the size.

On April 5th, 2015, Qdangson added the following: Update: Still waiting for the Darlene dahlias to eye up. They were a good size but they had long skinny necks so a lot of the broke, one of the white odorata tuners went soft, but the other 2 have eyed up nicely. Will contact them to see their response. I recommended them to a friend so will see about his order when it arrives this week.

On Nov 5, 2014, Marilynbeth (33 reviews) from Hebron, KY

I first started ordering Fall bulbs from Longfield Gardens in 2013. I'm very happy with them. They've become my favorite place for ordering Fall bulbs. I usually don't get bulbs in Spring, but if I decide that I want them, then they'll be my first place to check their offerings. I just noticed tonight that they offer bare root perennials. I'll have to check next Spring to see what they offer. Great company to order. From NJ to me in KY, it is fast shipping! They even have articles, videos and info to help the gardener. Love, love this company!

On Apr 24, 2014, stevepist (2 reviews) from Plover, WI

The dahlia tubers I received from this company were superior to any I have purchased in the past on line from companies which are rated very highly by Garden Watchdog. I was frankly surprised and delighted at the same time. I will certainly buy my tubers in the future from this company.

On Apr 20, 2014, TallulahShines (4 reviews) from Columbia, KY

I ordered several bulbs last year. A few of the items I ordered did not grow. Life at the time was really busy, so I didn't think to see if they could be replaced. While I was planning my orders for this year, I noticed there was a guarantee and contacted the company. They replied the very next day, and within two days I received replacements for the items! Definitely great service, will definitely use this company again. Thanks!

On Apr 9, 2014, reeve1 (55 reviews) from Plano, TX (Zone 8b)

I've been gardening for just about 40 years now. I've probably dealt with every mail order and online nursery and gardening company that has ever been and have seen just about everything, or so I thought. But, I have never felt so compelled to leave feedback about a company than I have about this company and it's owner, I believe his name is Lars. I placed a relatively small order, 4 peonies. All of them arrived well packaged and quite nice in size. But, one of them did not have any visible eyes and I contacted the company about it. Lars was very apologetic and even called me on the phone to express his concern and apology. He immediately replaced my order well beyond my expectations. God must have spoken to him because the Peonies were for my 86 year old Mom. I have been trying to redo her garden because she's too old to care for it any longer, but she loves to walk outside in the mornings and to be able to look at, smell and especially pick her own flowers. I am disabled since 2009 after I could no longer support my job duties and my current income would not allow me to provide a sufficient number of Peonies for my Mom's bed. Mom has just enough to make it on her own social security but nothing extra for herself. So, I wanted to do something nice for her. If you knew her, you would understand. I just cannot thank Lars enough for his selfless act and extreme generosity. He made it possible for me to finish out the bed and he made one of the kindest, most loving, giving and generous Mom's on this earth very, very happy with his thoughtfulness. Longfield-Gardens is my new favorite company on Dave's Garden now. I'm sure if you have the pleasure of dealing with these people they will soon be your favorite, too! I wish I had found them sooner. Thank you so much Lars! God Bless you! You have a new customer for life and I hope many more! No one deserves the recognition more. This world would be a great place with more people like you. Thank you!

On Mar 19, 2014, joanlc (1 reviews) from Perham, MN (Zone 3b)

I ordered a dozen begonia tubers and asked that they be sent no later than the end of February or the first week in March because they take so very long to get growing, and received a promise that this would happen. *Smart* Longfield people must have noticed that temps around here were near zero - far below normal - on the chosen ship date, and delayed shipment for a week. When the tubers arrived (via Fedex two-day), the box came with two large chemical warmer packs inside, which were still quite warm upon arrival. That's what I call careful service! Kudos! Bubble wrap would have added to the insulation value, but as it is, all the tubers appear to be healthy and half of them have visible growth after only one week.

On Oct 10, 2013, Lumberjill (2 reviews) from Arlington, VA

Posted on October 8, 2013, updated October 10, 2013 Longfield was supposed to ship my Leucojum bulbs on September 19th. On October 2nd, I received an email saying "Your order will ship in the next day via FedEx and shortly after, confirmation of your shipment will be emailed to you with the tracking number of the shipment." That was six days ago and I've received neither a tracking number nor the bulbs. I can forgive delays for various reasons, but I can't forgive telling me my order will be shipped the next day and then NOT doing it.

On October 10th, 2013, Lumberjill changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following: Longfield Gardens "made good" on their mistake by offering a gift certificate, but I asked for an extra bag of Leucojum bulbs. They were out of them, so they added 5 bags of daffodil bulbs. No longer negative!

On Mar 29, 2013, Leesto (1 reviews) from Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10a)

I ordered 7 different bulbs and tubers during an online special when the company was offering multiples of 3 and 5 at a big discount. I have been ordering from reputable suppliers for many years, so I know quality plants when I see them. Nevertheless, I was surprised when I opened the package and saw the size and freshness of the bulbs and tubers I received from Longfield Gardens. Most of them had fresh buds and I planted them the same day as received. After only 5 days some of them already have strong shoots poking out of the soil.

On Mar 24, 2013, vr1986 (1 reviews) from Pendleton, MO

Posted on March 22, 2013, updated March 24, 2013 Posted on March 22, 2013, updated March 22, 2013 I ordered 2 upright elephant ear bulbs from Longfield Gardens that were supposed to be 9-11 inches. The bulbs were 3 1/2 inches long with a circumference of 7 1/2 inches. The bulbs are about the size of my amaryllis bulb. Not what I expected at all. Not like the picture. Very dissapointed. Won't order from them again. Maybe they were sized by munchkins!

On March 22nd, 2013, vr1986 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following: Ok, I may have been to hasty to fire off a negative rating. After I sent LongField an email as to how disappointed I was with my order, I heard back from Jennifer at customer service. She was concerned about my disappointment and will prove to me that they provide quality products they stand behind. If she proves right, I will order from them again.
On March 24th, 2013, vr1986 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following: I jumped the gun! Longfield Garden's customer service addressed my problem within 24 hrs. Replaced my order within two days. Wow! I commend them on their service. Not too many companies honor their promises. I will be ordering from them again.

On Jan 11, 2013, passionvine (8 reviews) from Florence, AL

I placed a large order for various bulbs earlier in the fall and I was pleased with the quality and experience. I had some problems with the online order form but customer service was very helpful. I also want to add a comment about the amaryllis I ordered. I've always purchased these in box stores and this was the first time I've ever ordered one online. This amaryllis has been the quickest to bloom and now has a second stalk that is blooming. It has been a fantastic plant for the holidays!

On Oct 27, 2012, wildagain (5 reviews) from Clarks Grove, MN (Zone 4b)

I purchased Longfield daffodil bulbs at Home Depot, and was disappointed in how many were dead in the package. I contacted this company, and within 24 hours had a response with the promise to send replacement bulbs. I received the package within a week, and it contained many more bulbs than I had anticipated. In the future, I would purchase from this company again-- but directly, not through a third party. Thank you.

On Oct 26, 2012, kidhorn (12 reviews) from Redland, MD

I ordered 50 allium, 15 hyacinth and 25 iris. The order arrived 2 days later and everything looks great. The price was great too.

On Oct 4, 2012, typwc (1 reviews) from Parkville, MD (Zone 7b)

The website was easy to use, even with my smartphone. Prices were really reasonable and there was a good selection. After my order, I had some trouble with communication at first which was my fault: the company's emails kept getting filtered out as spam. Whenever I called the 1(800) number, I always spoke to a person in America (not outsourced like some other big bulb companies). The representative I worked with on the phone and through email (Jessica) was professional, prompt, and patient with me. She always responded to my calls/emails. My package arrived 7 calendar days after order! The packaging was good, and the product looked like it was high quality.I'm looking forward to spring blooms. Thanks Jessica and Longfield Gardens!

On Mar 16, 2012, ShoreShot (1 reviews) from Atlantic Highlands, NJ

Ordered bulbs from longfield gardens website. Order process was disaster. Ship date was in the past. Emailed customer service and got no response. Got no order confirmation via email. The only thing I had was the order confirmation which appeared on the screen that when I called the number or emailed received no reply. This was a LOOOOONG time ago. Packages have yet to arrive but I've been charged. I have now called/emailed to request to cancel order but no way to get through. DO NOT ORDER FROM LONGFIELD.

On Jul 14, 2011, torontogrthumb (1 reviews) from Toronto, ON (Zone 6a)

I bought this company's bag of 3 "Upright Alocasia" from costco in toronto with "more information" listed under which is the same website and company as Longfield Gardens in NJ When you search through the "About Us" information, you can find out who they are and contact them. One out of the three bulbs was already rotten when I bought it, and it is Costco policy that it is an opened package to contact the producer i.e the website. You cannot see most of the bulbs because they are sewn in a double-layered paper bag with a four inch mesh screen only. The bulb size was correct listing them as 9/11. More importantly, the two other bulbs that are growing are noticeably different when I would expect them to be the same type of plant. After a month of growth, the third full leaf formed on the bulb, they do not appear to be "upright", but instead regular looking elephant ears. When I contacted this company through their website, I wanted to know the nomenclature of the product I bought so I could look it up and get more information, I never received a response. Overall, I am not happy. One was DOA (dead in the package), the other two seem too dissimilar, and none of them appear 'upright'. Good luck getting an answer from them. You are buying what you can see and tell, without knowing what you are actually getting, and no way to find out what you've got!

On May 22, 2011, judy40a (4 reviews) from Averill Park, NY

Ordered a multitude of dahlia, begonia, and gladiolus bulbs. Great variety, fair prices, and availability not found at other sites. Delivery time was reasonable. Haven't planted yet, but bulbs all look big and healthy, so very pleased! Emailed company to let them know boxes were slightly damaged (tape on bottom had let go on one end), and received immediate response. Definitely recommend this nursery.

» Read the rest of the reviews