The scoop on 'Florida Hill Nursery'

Florida Hill Nursery

Debary , Florida 32713 (United States)

Phone: 386 873 8064
Fax: n/a

» Like them on Facebook

This company offers a variety of bulbs and gardening supplies and plants.

Company Comment, posted on June 24, 2011:
Hello everyone, Angela and I here at Florida Hill Nursery want to thank you all for your patronage and look forward to many more years in the nursery industry. You can also follow us on Facebook and watch us grow.

//www.facebook.com/pages/Florida-hill-nursery/161808617...

Sincerely, Shawn and Angela
Floridahillnursery.com
[email protected]

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive Julie1808
Baltimore, MD
September 22, 2020
I ordered two fig trees on September 12th and received immediate email confirmation of my order. Received email that my order was complete on September 14th and plants arrived today, September 22.

Plant size as described. Price was very good.

Neutral Mer52
Patterson, CA
August 5, 2020
I wish I had come here (and the BBB) to see reviews for this nursery BEFORE I ordered from this place!!!

My order was on July 1st. I got nearly an instant email verificationl about my order and the payment was also processed almost immediately.

That was it. By July 14, no plant. So I started trying to contact this nursery--good luck with that! Several emails, several voicemails. No response.

Reluctantly (because of how the covid situation is impacting some mailed items) I finally opened a case on PayPal, hoping that would force the issue and I'd receive a response. Just basic information: when was this mailed? Is there an issue receiving your plants in CA? That sort of thing.

This seller did not respond other than to post the tracking number on Paypal. Which I already had, but not from the nursery but through USPS.

So, the package FINALLY arrived today--and yes, the plant is toast. Again, I can't blame the seller, lots of mail gets delayed in these times. I'm disappointed, of course. But still, not this seller's fault. I canceled the case on Paypal because, yeah, I finally got the package.

Why I'm giving them a neutral rating is that they have NO customer service. At phone number goes to a message saying "send an email. The email on their website is now deactivated. Their Facebook page hasn't been updated in several years, others have noted here. Again, I wish I'd come here to check on them first!

If you were considering ordering from them, especially if you are in another state, be cautious. IF there IS a problem with the order, you will have no way to contact them.

Ethical sellers don't do this sort of thing, you know?

Buyer beware.
Positive eiraena
Las Cruces, NM
July 28, 2020
I placed an order in early July and received it in good condition exactly as described a few weeks later. In between, there was no communication (tracking number or reply to an email inquiry for a status update) from the seller and the login I'd created for their website to monitor my order didn't work, so that could be improved. However, it is the tail end of the shipping season and many operations are overwhelmed given the pandemic, so I am just grateful to have received my order and not to have been ripped off. I would probably order from this place again, as they have unique stock.
Positive Lorraine11
Marietta, GA
June 19, 2020
I had a great experience with Florida Hill nursery. I placed an order for 2 banana trees and a colocasia on June 11,2020. I got an email receipt from the nursery and from PayPal. My order was processed and a label was made 6/13. My order shipped 6/16 and arrived at my house in GA 6/18. I received all of my updates via USPS. The plants were packed well and I received them in great condition. They were labeled and the soil was moist. I would order from this nursery again.
Positive BlueberryBrenda
Woodburn, IN
June 10, 2020
I ordered 3 Tophat and 2 Northblue blueberry plants from Florida Hill Nursery. My order went through quickly with PayPal on May 25, shipped through USPS (tracking sent to my email) May 29. Several days passed, and I got worried that my packages would be slowed down by COVID, looters, and protests and my plants would be dried and dead. Surprisingly, all 5 arrived today (June 10) very much alive and green. The soil they were packaged with was still moist! Also, everything was labeled. These will be a great addition to the beautiful berry patch my husband just built for me.
Positive giantkiller000
Visalia, CA (Zone 9b)
May 31, 2020
I understand some peopleís concerns with not receiving communication from this nursery, but Iím in California and have ordered from them several times. Iíve mostly ordered different elephant ears. Every time Iíve ordered, my plants have showed up looking healthy and well secured in their packaging. I wouldnít hesitate to order from them again.
Negative tkplant
Aransas Pass, TX
May 28, 2020
I placed a $300+ order over 2 weeks ago and have not been able to get a shipping date. They do not respond to numerous emails in the past week. They do not answer the phone, just told to email.
I now have requested a refund and no answer.
I reported them to PayPal so hopefully, I can get my refund.
Do not buy from this company!
Negative brozzerb
Petersham, MA
May 25, 2020
I tried for over an hour to buy two blueberry plants, but the website would not allow me to complete the purchase. I sent two emails on the "contact us" site, and have not received a response. Reading the comments here on this page, I am glad that I didn't end up buying from them. Despite the really good prices (about half of what others are asking), the customer service ratings here and on the Better Business Bureau page make me sigh with relief that I couldn't complete the transaction!
Negative MrsLopez
Fredericksburg, VA
May 24, 2020
I placed an order for 7 plants from Florida Hill Nursery on April 23, 2020. They were quick to process my payment and update the order status as ďcompleteĒ on my account page, and within a few minutes I had an order confirmation email. Since then I have received nothing. No shipping details, no responses to emails, no plants. I emailed them in May 7 and filled out a contact form in their website on May 15. I canít get in touch with anyone at the company and they apparently do not monitor emails or the ďcontact usĒ page on their website. Iíve tried to process a return but since I was not sent anything thereís nothing to return. So at this point Iíve lost $75. Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with someone from the company? I tried commenting on the company Facebook page but the last post was made over a year ago so Iím guessing they wonít respond there either. Any advice?
Positive btrim29
Rockwall, TX
May 19, 2020
I read the reviews here after placing my order and became a little worried. I placed my order online 5/11/20 and received my plants 5/19/20 (today). So more than happy with the shipping time.
Plants look good. They were packaged fine. They are a little small but I don't care because I ordered Banana Trees. They grow fast. So I'm not worried about their size. I bought 4 plants plus shipping for what 1 plant costs at a local nursery. I'm very happy with my purchase and Florida Hill. This is my first order with them. I will order again.
Positive Bcostanzo
Pennsville, NJ
May 18, 2020
I saw the reviews and I was extremely hesitant to order. But I really wanted a pink lemonade blueberry bush and they were the only nursery with them in stock and also the price was extremely reasonable. Took exactly one week after ordering and my plant is exactly as ordered and arrived nicely and safely packaged. I will 100% order from them again.
Neutral mwgkag
Hawthorne, FL
May 6, 2020
May come back later to update review either positive or negative. Ordered 4/28 received 5/6

I was surprised to find my six plants only about 6 inches tall at the most even though they advertise 8 - 12 inches.
I also tried to contact company but goes to VM directing you to their web site. I should have bout from another site that had plants 36" tall and $18/plant. Tried to start with smaller plants and being in North Florida the guava trees took a beating about 10 years ago did not want to invest too much.

To show I am a certified customer of Florida Hill Nursery:
Payment sent to [email protected]
Positive Dan_in_Florida
Haines City, FL
May 4, 2020
Wow, I see a lot of angry gardeners here posting negatives on Florida Hill Nursery. so here is the scoop or as I experienced it.
1. These guys never answer the phone or their e-mail. I tried several time to verify they were legit as I am close enough to drive there and their prices are great. Because of this I did not order for 2 years.
2. These guys prices are 1/2 what everybody charges and they are in my climate zone so I ordered something expecting to never see my money again. to my surprise it showed and was healthy,
3. I have since placed about 5 orders. All have arrived as ordered, healthy and well packed.
It is my opinion that these people spend their time in a sterile environment cloning and grafting. It's what they do. they do not communicate well with outsiders but neither do I.
Maybe they don't speak english, maybe their child process the orders. Who knows. All I know is the prices are great. the plants arrive healthy and grow into prime specimens. however the plants are small when you get them. I guess that is best for shipping
Positive planetrj
Hawaii Zone 11b, HI (Zone 11)
September 29, 2019
09/27/19:
I just received my order of some very fragle plants from Florida Hill Nursery, and I can't be more pleased!
They came across the entire continent, then across a body of water which is equal to the same distance, and they look fresh and well cared for at the time they were packed, and it shows.
I can certainly tell that this company has employees who care about what they do and how the plants look when they arrive. There have been times when mail-order companies don't care for their plants even before they get into the shipping containers, and it shows. Florida Hill really takes care, and I've been a returning customer for many years, and this is what I always get. Even though it shipped 5,000 miles.

Of all of the mail order companies out there, I certainly would rate the Speed, The Freshness/Health, and the Quality of the plants to be top-notch. It doesn't hurt that Spring Hill is also affordable, which allows me to get a few more plants while I'm at it.
I give Florida Hill a strong "A" for my overall experience, and that doesn't happen too often with all these new companies popping up. :)
Positive BlueJava
(Zone 9b)
June 30, 2019
Price: Excellent
Packaging: Excellent
Shipping Time: Good
Shipping Cost: Excellent
Communication: Poor

Ordered 3 banana varieties: Raja Pisang, Gros Michel & Double Mahoi a few months ago. The plants were packaged well and are currently thriving.

They were out of Blue Java & Dwarf Namwa. I contacted them requesting information regarding anticipated availability...*Crickets* (I have yet to hear from them).

I think FHN could do better with communication. But it looks like FHN is doing it a little bit 'old school', and that's OK. Hard for me to complain when I run a business, refuse to text, and only return calls once daily.

They had a good price, delivered in a reasonable time (considering they are mom & pop), and healthy.

I joined DavesGarden to post a review to counter some of the negatives. I am not questioning the negatives. In fact, I read reviews on other sites when I received no response from FHN. It turns out they have a reputation for labeling/variety ID snafus.

If I received the wrong varieties, I'll be content nevertheless if they taste good. I notice the Dwarf Namwa is in stock. Think I will roll the dice with FHN again soon.
Negative Oqueel
June 24, 2019
I rarely leave negative feedback for poor transactions but this one was terrible and one of the worst experiences Iíve had shopping online.

I really should have checked out this companyís reviews before placing my order but I guess I got complacent after enjoying several excellent online transactions with other plant sellers. If only Iíd read the reviews on this site, I would never have gone ahead to order from them.

I suppose I was sucked in by the companyís stated claim of 24-hour processing time on their website. The truth is that they might ďprocessĒ your order within 24 hours (whatever that means) but that does not necessarily mean that they will actually ship it in that time so there might not be any false advertising there. They certainly created their shipping label within 24 hours but it wasnít until 2 days later, when I opened a dispute (my first) on PayPal and asked that the order be canceled immediately that the package was actually shipped. In fact, the timing between the dispute and the dispatch was so suspicious that I might be bold to claim that they might have been correlated.

As other reviewers have noted, youíre wasting your time trying to email this company. I donít live in the US so I didnít call (which, according to other reviewers, is not helpful either) but they didnít respond to any of my emails, which was why I went ahead to create a dispute on PayPal. I think that this was the part that triggered this review because if this seller had, at least, responded and given some indication as to where my order was, it would have been so much easier to change up my plans. As it was, the order was sent to a courier who was to forward it to me. Due to their late dispatch, the items missed the courier serviceís weekly cut off time. By this time, Iíd read the reviews here and because other reviewers had noted that they sometimes received poorly packaged or dead plants, I decided to cut my losses and asked the courier service to trash the plants rather than risk more money specially sending potentially poor plants that would be nearly two weeks old in transit. So Iíve paid money to this seller but have no idea what I actually bought.

Awful business. Caveat Emptor.
Negative Kedler
June 11, 2019
How many times does this have to happen before you learn to read the reviews of a company BEFORE you place an order?

Yes, I know, but they had O. hedysaroides...

Summary:

I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE ANY PERSON CONSIDERING PURCHASING FROM FLORIDA HILL NURSERY. While I understand and accept that honest mistakes will happen, I feel a business should be as happy to interact with me as they are to take my money. If you can't be bothered to respond and follow through on correcting your mistake, you obviously don't want my business. This is me helping you achieve that.

1. Seller won't communicate with customers. If you can find the number to call (listed here in reviews below, and on BBB website), you get a recorded message saying they don't check their voicemail and communication is best sent via email to [email protected]. However, I've received no reply to any of my emails.
2. Seller seems to consistently send a different species to customers. While the genus is the same, items received seem to be more common and less expensive species compared to the less common and higher priced species ordered.
3. Seller did not succeed in shipping three Musa zebrinas to me. One was broken upon arrival, the other two damaged in the same place, resulting in both of them also breaking within 3 days after receiving.

For my $78, I've got 5 more plants that I already had, and 3 broken stems that may or may not live. My $78 also gained me the unexpected joy of having to process all of this crap and open a case with PayPal. Seller has refused to respond to that as well, so I escalated the case, handing it to PayPal to decide. My communication to Seller and PayPal, and then to PayPal the following day when escalating the case, are pasted below for anyone who wishes to read the specific details of my experience with yet another person who made the wrong career decision. If you don't want to talk to people, don't start a business that involves customer service. If you want to be dishonest and try to take advantage of, or deceive people, eventually you will lose customers and people won't like you. If you try hard enough to be really foul, they may even decide to tell other people not to buy from you.

Sent to PayPal and Seller on June 10, 2019:

I emailed on June 04 regarding my shipment that had been marked as "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" since May 29. You did not respond, but shipped my package on June 05.
USPS delivered package at 4:57 on 07 June.
I ordered 5 Oxalis hedysaroides Fire Fern priced at $7.99 each.
You shipped 5 $6.99 Oxalis regnellii triangularis.
Later, upon picking it up. I also realized one of the Musa zebrina was broken mid-stem due to how it was packed.

My email to you:
"Jun 7 at 5:48 PM
Please see the attached pictures.
Please respond at your earliest convenience.
My order was for 5 Oxalis hedysaroides Fire Fern priced at $7.99 each.
What I have received is 5 $6.99 Oxalis regnellii triangularis.
Thank you for your time."

BBB and PayPal provide your phone number: 386-873-8064. You say you do not monitor your voicemail, that communication should be sent via email.

I waited patiently through the weekend for a response. I also forwarded my email to [email protected], but eBay feedback and online reviews consistently shows Seller will not respond.
It is now Monday, after standard business hours in your area. Obviously I won't be getting the plants I ordered, or a response from you.

Attached pictures show what I received in the open box.
Pictures showing differences of the two species are also provided.
The uncommon Oxalis hedysaroides has a woody stem & red spade shaped leaves.
Oxalis triangularis is tender, not woody, and has purple triangle shaped leaves. It can be found in any store across the nation.

Please refund my Paypal account for the cost of: 1 $8.99 Musa zebrina, 5 $7.99 Oxalis hedysaroides, and the 5 x $.50 shipping cost of each Oxalis. Total: 51.44

My apologies to PayPal representatives for having to bring this to you. Thank you for your consideration and time.

(The following day. Escalating case to PayPal now instead of waiting, as seller's habit of not responding indicates they won't be replying to PayPal any time soon:)

June 11, 2019
"Message to PayPal:"

"Thank you for your time.
Seller sent similar items of lesser value. Please see my previous message to seller for specific details."

Seller has ignored my multiple attempts at communication.

Seller ignored specific information sent on 27 May with my original order regarding my delivery address, as PayPal doesn't print my address properly on automatically generated labels.

Seller ignored my request for update on progress of my order, but it shipped the day after I emailed.

Seller does not answer listed phone number: outgoing message specifically states contact should be made to "[email protected]".

I have received no reply to any of my emails to both [email protected] and [email protected] sent on 29 May, 04 June, 07 June, 10 June. ([email protected] being a direct reply to email received from business acknowledging my order.)

Following up on reviews of the business, as I should have done prior to ordering, it is apparent that seller's version of customer service results in multiple cases similar to this one with both:
1. A consistency of the seller refusing to communicate on any level with customers, and
2. incorrect species of the same genus of a plant being shipped, the ordered plant being more desirable and expensive than the common species customers receive:

Seller's eBay store feedback: [[email protected]]

Dave'sGarden feedback: [[email protected]]

Additionally, all 3 of the Musa zebrina's I received have now broken in the same place, resulting in me receiving three stems that are broken just below where the first 3 Oxalis were packaged. These 3 root masses protruded enough to break the stems below the live leaves of the bananas. I don't know if these will live. Given this and the seller's refusal to communicate in any way, I would like for you to consider refunding the full cost of this order to my account.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Again, my apologies to you.

Hey "Hello everyone, Angela and [Shawn] I here at Florida Hill Nursery" who say you "want to thank you all for your patronage and look forward to many more years in the nursery industry," here's a thought for you:

It only takes seconds to send a message to acknowledge a customer. It's not only good business, it's a common courtesy.

Good and honest businesses don't need to be told they are responsible for, and should correct, their mistake of sending the wrong items to customers.

Boo and Shame on Shawn and Angela of Florida Hill Nursery. Please enjoy your retirement!
Negative chiknsandgardnn
Purcellville, VA
April 4, 2019
I ordered 3 papaya plants January 21, they arrived the first week of February. All three of them died shortly after arrival. I was surprised they were shipped- usually things like this are not shipped right away, they are shipped when the weather is a bit warmer. There was no option to select a shipping date on their website and no response to my emails so I decided to take a chance.
I emailed to inquire about the return policy - no response. I returned the plants per the return policy, and planned on reordering them if I ever heard back. I have not heard a thing from the company about the refund. I know they received the plants- I have the tracking information. I have emailed them several times. There is no phone number on the website, and no way to get a refund from them. I will not reorder!
Positive Taras_Bounty
April 1, 2019
I had a good experience with this company. Like many, I've gotten used to instant turn around time and got nervous when I didn't hear back from them or get shipping information, but my plants arrived happy and healthy 9 days after I ordered them online.

I ordered 3 varieties of banana and a dwarf pomegranate start on 3/20/19. The bananas all had 4-5 leaves with a new furled leaf on the way. The root plugs were securely wrapped in plastic and taped, and were about 1" wide by 3-4" long and the roots appeared strong. They were shipped in a 2-day Priority Mail 24" long box, with the plants securely taped to the inside of the box so they wouldn't jostle around and bruise each other.

Overall a good experience, and I would buy from them again.
Negative Keys6505
Toms River, NJ
March 31, 2019
Same issue as another customer here. Ordered Colocasia Gigante, they sent a Colocasia Gigantea. After numerous emails and phone calls I gave up and figured it was only like $8 I'll just save myself the headache and order another one. They sent the wrong plant AGAIN!! I emailed with photos, called every number I could find online and even tried to dispute with Visa but couldn't because their policy doesn't cover living plants. Customer service here is non-existent. Buyer beware.
Negative Kristina1351
Mount Pleasant, SC
February 6, 2019
ordered 3 Colocasia Gigante, Dragonheart, a "black" variety. I was sent 3 greeen colocasia. I tried to email them via the website numerous times, I called the unmonitored voicemail and used the email address given there as well as leaving 2 messages on the off chance they would be heard. I emailed via Paypal and opened a case with Paypal. The company has never responded to any of my contact efforts or those from PayPal. I am of the opinion that these people know exactly what they are doing. They are not accredited with the BBB and have an F rating. I have filed a complaint with BBB and left a review there as well. PLEASE be very leery of this company, there is something shady going on here. I would NEVER order from them again for any reason ever.
Negative kmerry01
Lake Worth, FL
February 3, 2019
I ordered 3 plants from Florida Hill Nursery on 12/25/18. The payment was posted to my credit card on 12/26/18. I sent an email on 1/9/19 asking about the status of my order and received a reply on 1/12/19 that it would ship out on 1/14/19. When I received no package, I sent 2 emails on 1/21/19 and 1/24/19 along with several inquires on their website asking about any delays or the tracking information without response. It apparently is not an isolated event that this company takes your money without sending any product. I cannot recommend this nursery and caution prospective buyers to avoid it at all cost.
Negative LovingCannas
Madison, AL (Zone 7b)
January 24, 2019
I placed an order for two elephant ears via EBay. I did not receive an email indicating when the product would ship. I can confirm the order was placed because the money was immediately debited from my bank account. I emailed the seller several times for a shipped date. I emailed over one week ago and I have not received any correspondence. I would like to cancel my order and receive a refund at this point.
Negative PottedLife
December 26, 2018
Posted on November 13, 2018, updated December 26, 2018
Posted on November 11, 2018, updated November 13, 2018
Posted on November 10, 2018, updated November 11, 2018
Posted on November 10, 2018, updated November 10, 2018
Oct 26 '18 I place an order with Special Instructions on their order form regarding the dates to ship as *I won't be at that address until that date*. Directly after placing my order I did receive an automated copy of it in my e-mail that contained the Special Instructions I left them so I thought it should be okay - don't worry.
But for all companies that I ordered from (many) I always follow up and contact again just to be double sure my instructions and dates are okay.
As of today I have e-mailed them around six times (including via their webform) and still not one reply back from them.
When I telephone them (386 873 8064) I only get a fast beeping sound (like out of order).

So I login to my account (Nov 11) to check the status of my order. It states that my Order has been "completed" on Oct 26th.
So that means either that they have no intention of shipping my plants and are just keeping my money
Or
They already shipped the plants Oct 26 as stated - TWENTY FIVE DAYS EARLY to an address that I am not even at yet!
So I had someone check the shipping address (Nov 11) to see if I have a package there from them - nothing.
They didn't even provide any kind of tracking number. Even if so the tropical plants after 25 days sitting in a sealed box outside in the sun, rain and now snow would be dead and/or the box stolen.

This is the note on my order that they included on their form back to me as well:
******* here. I ordered from you back in 2016. I'll be in the US again for a short stay but *not until November 14th*.
Please hold my plants until then and ship them out Nov 19th Monday.
I leave back to Malaysia (with my plants) around the 29th of Nov.
So my plants must arrive within those dates. If any/all can not meet that schedule please cancel my order.
Thank you.
On November 9th, 2018, PottedLife added the following:

Correction on Nov 11th date above, should state Nov 10th.
On November 11th, 2018, PottedLife added the following:

Nov 11 '18
1. I have submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau requesting a refund/ reverse charges.

2. Submitted a complaint to PayPal requesting a refund/ reverse charges, though I didn't pay through PayPal but my order form states it was processed through PayPal.

3. Submitted a complaint to my bank that issued the credit card I paid with requesting for reverse charges.

4. I will be seeking other avenues of getting a refund until I have been fully refunded. I DON'T EVEN WANT THE PLANTS NOW AFTER ALL THIS TROUBLE and -

after reading other negative reviews here that when Florida Hill Nursery actually bothers to reply to their customers they are so rude and even claim that they are the one being abused by us making a complaint. So unprofessional and shocking.
On November 13th, 2018, PottedLife added the following:

Nov 14 '18 Update:
I have still not heard from them and I expect I will not without further action.
I am waiting for an outcome from my bank.
For those interested (statute is 4-5 years depending on case) I have been provided with the following information:
To file a small claims lawsuit against them jurisdiction is in the county where the defendant resides:

You'll need this information on your "Statement of Complaint":
FLORIDA HILL NURSERY **BUSINESS IS CONDUCTED UNDER**:
Passiflorasource Inc.
Company number/State ID: P10000027318
Incorporated on: 29th of March 2010
FEI/EIN Number: 27-2216571
Nursery Registration: 48008408

Update Dec 27 '18:
My bank has managed to secure a full refund for me by proving to their bank that that they did not deliver goods in the manner that they were ordered. Florida Hill did dispute it but with the documents I provided it clearly showed they were in the wrong.

Summary - Buyers Be Aware!
Negative Bonita1889
Taylor, MI
July 19, 2018
I ordered a Banana plant and Elephant ear, that was June 21,2018. The order was processed because I checked with the bank, and saw the order was complete on Florida hill nursery website. I have sent NUMEROUS emails, messages, but NO RESPONSE. I HAVE NEVER SEEN anything like this. My usps said label created for a while but then nothing. No money, No plants..... unprofessional . Report unfair business practices.
Neutral Rae111
Faribault, MN
October 10, 2017
In June, I ordered 4 plants. Within a month, the Gros Michel banana that I had received had collapsed. I contacted the company and followed the return directions on the website. I expressed to them that I did not want a refund, I really just wanted an alive plant. I got one email response from them, stating that they could not find my order and requesting the order number. I forwarded them the receipt. And then I heard nothing for months. I actually almost forgot. But I had paid to return the plant, in hope of getting a new one. I emailed them again, and still nothing, so I opened a complaint with PayPal. Within the week, I received a full refund for the order (all for plants). I put my experience as neutral because I was very happy with the full refund, it was more than I had expected, but I still have not heard anything from Florida Hill Nursery. PayPal informed me that I had received a refund. Shipping a new plant would have been cheaper than refunding the entire order. I just felt like it was bad customer service to not even hear from the company.
Positive Luvh20
Murrieta, CA
August 24, 2017
Very fast delivery. Healthy plants. Will be ordering more. I'm in southern CA where I can hardly find any nurseries out side the state that will send anything with soil attached! Probably because this company has "disease free" plants?
Neutral tripperdre
Brooklyn, NY
August 22, 2017
...so far.

I recently ordered two plants from FHN. Shipped within 3 days, tracking sent. Great! Upon recent arrival I opened the package to find only one plant, and it was neither of the plants that I had ordered. I have reached out to FHN via phone and email and hoping I can change this review to positive upon arrival of the correct plants!
Negative LindaLo
Arizona City, AZ
August 19, 2017
I ordered two colocasia starts from FloridaHill Nursery. One plant arrived fine, the other was literally cooked to mush. I have sent at least three emails, and I have used their contact form twice. I have not received any response from them at all. I sent photos of what was left of the plant as proof. Still nothing.

I ordered this plant to grow, not to eat.
As far as I can tell, they don't care about their customers.
So I spent $25 dollars for one little plant. For some reason I feel that is an excessively high price for a tiny plant.

I will never order from them again.
Positive nufie0276
Miami, FL
July 29, 2017
I ordered a banana plant from this nursery. I did not know and realize all the negative comments about this nursery until after I order it. I got scared and I wasn't sure if I was going to get my shipment but it did come in less than seven days very well packaged and the plant was very healthy and living very well now in our yard. The only concern I had was they didn't they provide you with a follow up email confirming your order. But overall are experience was positive.
Positive lofaso82
Killeen, TX
July 12, 2017
Placed order on 07/07/17 which contained:
1 ea. Musa Kandarian Banana tree
1 ea. Musa Dwarf Red Banana tree
Received both items on 07/12/17 and both items appear to be good condition. Quick and painless transaction. Thank you Florida Hill!

Positive bopcrane
Huntington,
United States (Zone 6b)
July 6, 2017
I was worried about purchasing from them after reading a few of the negative reviews, but I am happy to say my experience with them was wonderful. I ordered three fig trees, and within a week (it took about 3 business days) they arrived, The plants were packaged well and were very healthy on arrival. They were a very good deal and were clearly labeled. The next time I need fig or banana plants, I will keep them in mind!
Positive kikikritter
West Monroe, LA
June 6, 2017
I ordered 6 plants (the cheapest was 8.99) and only read the negative reviews afterwards so I was really worried.
I was pleased when I received them within 5 business days. All of the plants were well packed and arrived with moist, healthy root balls and no leaf damage.
I planted them immediately and they are already putting out new leaves.
The shipping charge was more than reasonable, much better than most places I order from.
I would highly recommend Florida Hill Nursery.
Positive plchan
Westminster, CO
June 5, 2017
Ordered 4 Musa Basjoo on Memorial Day, delivered today 6/5.
The plants look very fresh and healthy and no worse for the trip.

The only thing that I think FHN could do better is order tracking/status. We're all used to the instant gratification of constant order and shipping updates from Amazon and such. But it looks like FHN is doing it a little bit 'old school', and that's OK.

They had what I couldn't find anywhere else and at a good price, delivered in less than a week, and healthy.

I'd attach a photo if I could to show the packaging but the plants were packed well with no stress apparent.
I'll post the pic on their FB page.

The only reason I signed up for davesgarden was to post a positive to counter some of the negatives. I am not questioning the negatives, just offering up that my experience was a good one.
Negative MelanieAdams
Shirley, AR
June 1, 2017
On May 14, 2017 I ordered 12 Musa Bajoo Banana Trees for $118.87. On May 22nd I received a box from FHN. It contained 5 silver bags of fertilizer. I assumed they sent this to use when I receive and plant my trees. They never came. On May 24, 2017 I emailed them and told them what I received and asked when I would get my trees. I also called and left a VM message. No response. On May 26, 2017 I called and left multiple VM messages and sent two more email messages. By that afternoon I received an email from them with a tracking number, YAY, but not so quick, the tracking number was for the 5 silver fertilizer packages I received on May 22nd!!! I waited until after the Memorial Day Weekend and called Tuesday May 30th and left 2 more VM and sent 2 more email messages. May 31,2017, I called and left 2 VM's and sent another message begging for a response. I have called them today and emailed them today and stated If I do not get a response by 4pm today, I will be calling my credit card company and cancelling my payment of $118.87.
Negative davesgardenhwid
Lakewood, CA
April 13, 2017
I ordered two banana plants on the 5th. My order shows processing to this day. It also shows that the transaction was completed. The plants have not arrived yet. I have tried to contact the company with emails etc and have had no response from them. It would be nice to have a tracking # to be able to follow the product and at least know that it was on the way. At this point I feel like they have my money and have disappeared with it. No response from them.....Should have been here last week. 2-5 business days are long gone......
Negative kmrowan
Jacksonville, FL (Zone 9a)
April 12, 2017
Placed an order and needed clarification regarding shipping. Made numerous phone calls, and no answer; the recorded message directed callers to email. Sent multiple emails to multiple email addresses listed for the company, with no response back from them after two weeks. As a mail-order company, there should be at least some communication. Based on this experience and such poor customer service, I cannot recommend this company.
Positive antiquer
Telford, TN
April 3, 2017
I ordered 5 banana plants of three different varieties. Then I thought to read reviews and had concerns. No concern needed! Very fast shipping, packed very well and so much larger than I expected! Wonderful price and very healthy. All instructions for planting are on your website and very easy to watch and understand . I thank you for your superb transaction and will highly recommend you. I will shop with you many more times I assure you. Very pleased indeed!
Positive rddjgarden
Bristol, FL
March 13, 2017
I ordered 2 Alocasias on a Tuesday, and received the correct order in good condition 3 days later, even though the box was mashed down in shipment. I would order from this company again.
Negative Millerman1199
Berlin, NJ
March 2, 2017
Posted on March 1, 2017, updated March 2, 2017
Hi! I recently purchased some plants on their website and need to either cancel my order or update my zip code, as the zip code i put in is incorrect. Please contact me I've emailed a few times and have not heard back! Thank you!

On March 2nd, 2017, Millerman1199 changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I've yet to receive any response back after emailing them via their website as well as messaging them via their eBay store. I wrote in the incorrect zip code for shipping and I need it fixed or I won't be receiving my $59 order which was placed on 2/23. Please contact me to update my shipping zip code so I will receive my order. If your reading this PLEASE contact me so we can fix this. I'll change my review from negative to positive. Thank you