Only a few more days to enter our 19th Annual Photo Contest. Voting starts this Friday! You can submit your best images HERE

The scoop on 'Florida Hill Nursery'

Florida Hill Nursery

Debary , Florida 32713 (United States)

Phone: 386 873 8064
Fax: n/a

» Like them on Facebook
This company offers a variety of bulbs and gardening supplies and plants.

Company Comment, posted on June 24, 2011:
Hello everyone, Angela and I here at Florida Hill Nursery want to thank you all for your patronage and look forward to many more years in the nursery industry. You can also follow us on Facebook and watch us grow.

//www.facebook.com/pages/Florida-hill-nursery/161808617...

Sincerely, Shawn and Angela
Floridahillnursery.com
[email protected]

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive planetrj
Hawaii Zone 11b, HI (Zone 11)
September 29, 2019
09/27/19:
I just received my order of some very fragle plants from Florida Hill Nursery, and I can't be more pleased!
They came across the entire continent, then across a body of water which is equal to the same distance, and they look fresh and well cared for at the time they were packed, and it shows.
I can certainly tell that this company has employees who care about what they do and how the plants look when they arrive. There have been times when mail-order companies don't care for their plants even before they get into the shipping containers, and it shows. Florida Hill really takes care, and I've been a returning customer for many years, and this is what I always get. Even though it shipped 5,000 miles.

Of all of the mail order companies out there, I certainly would rate the Speed, The Freshness/Health, and the Quality of the plants to be top-notch. It doesn't hurt that Spring Hill is also affordable, which allows me to get a few more plants while I'm at it.
I give Florida Hill a strong "A" for my overall experience, and that doesn't happen too often with all these new companies popping up. :)
Positive BlueJava
(Zone 9b)
June 30, 2019
Price: Excellent
Packaging: Excellent
Shipping Time: Good
Shipping Cost: Excellent
Communication: Poor

Ordered 3 banana varieties: Raja Pisang, Gros Michel & Double Mahoi a few months ago. The plants were packaged well and are currently thriving.

They were out of Blue Java & Dwarf Namwa. I contacted them requesting information regarding anticipated availability...*Crickets* (I have yet to hear from them).

I think FHN could do better with communication. But it looks like FHN is doing it a little bit 'old school', and that's OK. Hard for me to complain when I run a business, refuse to text, and only return calls once daily.

They had a good price, delivered in a reasonable time (considering they are mom & pop), and healthy.

I joined DavesGarden to post a review to counter some of the negatives. I am not questioning the negatives. In fact, I read reviews on other sites when I received no response from FHN. It turns out they have a reputation for labeling/variety ID snafus.

If I received the wrong varieties, I'll be content nevertheless if they taste good. I notice the Dwarf Namwa is in stock. Think I will roll the dice with FHN again soon.
Negative Oqueel
June 24, 2019
I rarely leave negative feedback for poor transactions but this one was terrible and one of the worst experiences Iíve had shopping online.

I really should have checked out this companyís reviews before placing my order but I guess I got complacent after enjoying several excellent online transactions with other plant sellers. If only Iíd read the reviews on this site, I would never have gone ahead to order from them.

I suppose I was sucked in by the companyís stated claim of 24-hour processing time on their website. The truth is that they might ďprocessĒ your order within 24 hours (whatever that means) but that does not necessarily mean that they will actually ship it in that time so there might not be any false advertising there. They certainly created their shipping label within 24 hours but it wasnít until 2 days later, when I opened a dispute (my first) on PayPal and asked that the order be canceled immediately that the package was actually shipped. In fact, the timing between the dispute and the dispatch was so suspicious that I might be bold to claim that they might have been correlated.

As other reviewers have noted, youíre wasting your time trying to email this company. I donít live in the US so I didnít call (which, according to other reviewers, is not helpful either) but they didnít respond to any of my emails, which was why I went ahead to create a dispute on PayPal. I think that this was the part that triggered this review because if this seller had, at least, responded and given some indication as to where my order was, it would have been so much easier to change up my plans. As it was, the order was sent to a courier who was to forward it to me. Due to their late dispatch, the items missed the courier serviceís weekly cut off time. By this time, Iíd read the reviews here and because other reviewers had noted that they sometimes received poorly packaged or dead plants, I decided to cut my losses and asked the courier service to trash the plants rather than risk more money specially sending potentially poor plants that would be nearly two weeks old in transit. So Iíve paid money to this seller but have no idea what I actually bought.

Awful business. Caveat Emptor.
Negative Kedler
June 11, 2019
How many times does this have to happen before you learn to read the reviews of a company BEFORE you place an order?

Yes, I know, but they had O. hedysaroides...

Summary:

I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE ANY PERSON CONSIDERING PURCHASING FROM FLORIDA HILL NURSERY. While I understand and accept that honest mistakes will happen, I feel a business should be as happy to interact with me as they are to take my money. If you can't be bothered to respond and follow through on correcting your mistake, you obviously don't want my business. This is me helping you achieve that.

1. Seller won't communicate with customers. If you can find the number to call (listed here in reviews below, and on BBB website), you get a recorded message saying they don't check their voicemail and communication is best sent via email to [email protected]. However, I've received no reply to any of my emails.
2. Seller seems to consistently send a different species to customers. While the genus is the same, items received seem to be more common and less expensive species compared to the less common and higher priced species ordered.
3. Seller did not succeed in shipping three Musa zebrinas to me. One was broken upon arrival, the other two damaged in the same place, resulting in both of them also breaking within 3 days after receiving.

For my $78, I've got 5 more plants that I already had, and 3 broken stems that may or may not live. My $78 also gained me the unexpected joy of having to process all of this crap and open a case with PayPal. Seller has refused to respond to that as well, so I escalated the case, handing it to PayPal to decide. My communication to Seller and PayPal, and then to PayPal the following day when escalating the case, are pasted below for anyone who wishes to read the specific details of my experience with yet another person who made the wrong career decision. If you don't want to talk to people, don't start a business that involves customer service. If you want to be dishonest and try to take advantage of, or deceive people, eventually you will lose customers and people won't like you. If you try hard enough to be really foul, they may even decide to tell other people not to buy from you.

Sent to PayPal and Seller on June 10, 2019:

I emailed on June 04 regarding my shipment that had been marked as "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" since May 29. You did not respond, but shipped my package on June 05.
USPS delivered package at 4:57 on 07 June.
I ordered 5 Oxalis hedysaroides Fire Fern priced at $7.99 each.
You shipped 5 $6.99 Oxalis regnellii triangularis.
Later, upon picking it up. I also realized one of the Musa zebrina was broken mid-stem due to how it was packed.

My email to you:
"Jun 7 at 5:48 PM
Please see the attached pictures.
Please respond at your earliest convenience.
My order was for 5 Oxalis hedysaroides Fire Fern priced at $7.99 each.
What I have received is 5 $6.99 Oxalis regnellii triangularis.
Thank you for your time."

BBB and PayPal provide your phone number: 386-873-8064. You say you do not monitor your voicemail, that communication should be sent via email.

I waited patiently through the weekend for a response. I also forwarded my email to [email protected], but eBay feedback and online reviews consistently shows Seller will not respond.
It is now Monday, after standard business hours in your area. Obviously I won't be getting the plants I ordered, or a response from you.

Attached pictures show what I received in the open box.
Pictures showing differences of the two species are also provided.
The uncommon Oxalis hedysaroides has a woody stem & red spade shaped leaves.
Oxalis triangularis is tender, not woody, and has purple triangle shaped leaves. It can be found in any store across the nation.

Please refund my Paypal account for the cost of: 1 $8.99 Musa zebrina, 5 $7.99 Oxalis hedysaroides, and the 5 x $.50 shipping cost of each Oxalis. Total: 51.44

My apologies to PayPal representatives for having to bring this to you. Thank you for your consideration and time.

(The following day. Escalating case to PayPal now instead of waiting, as seller's habit of not responding indicates they won't be replying to PayPal any time soon:)

June 11, 2019
"Message to PayPal:"

"Thank you for your time.
Seller sent similar items of lesser value. Please see my previous message to seller for specific details."

Seller has ignored my multiple attempts at communication.

Seller ignored specific information sent on 27 May with my original order regarding my delivery address, as PayPal doesn't print my address properly on automatically generated labels.

Seller ignored my request for update on progress of my order, but it shipped the day after I emailed.

Seller does not answer listed phone number: outgoing message specifically states contact should be made to "[email protected]".

I have received no reply to any of my emails to both [email protected] and [email protected] sent on 29 May, 04 June, 07 June, 10 June. ([email protected] being a direct reply to email received from business acknowledging my order.)

Following up on reviews of the business, as I should have done prior to ordering, it is apparent that seller's version of customer service results in multiple cases similar to this one with both:
1. A consistency of the seller refusing to communicate on any level with customers, and
2. incorrect species of the same genus of a plant being shipped, the ordered plant being more desirable and expensive than the common species customers receive:

Seller's eBay store feedback: [[email protected]]

Dave'sGarden feedback: [[email protected]]

Additionally, all 3 of the Musa zebrina's I received have now broken in the same place, resulting in me receiving three stems that are broken just below where the first 3 Oxalis were packaged. These 3 root masses protruded enough to break the stems below the live leaves of the bananas. I don't know if these will live. Given this and the seller's refusal to communicate in any way, I would like for you to consider refunding the full cost of this order to my account.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Again, my apologies to you.

Hey "Hello everyone, Angela and [Shawn] I here at Florida Hill Nursery" who say you "want to thank you all for your patronage and look forward to many more years in the nursery industry," here's a thought for you:

It only takes seconds to send a message to acknowledge a customer. It's not only good business, it's a common courtesy.

Good and honest businesses don't need to be told they are responsible for, and should correct, their mistake of sending the wrong items to customers.

Boo and Shame on Shawn and Angela of Florida Hill Nursery. Please enjoy your retirement!
Negative chiknsandgardnn
Purcellville, VA
April 4, 2019
I ordered 3 papaya plants January 21, they arrived the first week of February. All three of them died shortly after arrival. I was surprised they were shipped- usually things like this are not shipped right away, they are shipped when the weather is a bit warmer. There was no option to select a shipping date on their website and no response to my emails so I decided to take a chance.
I emailed to inquire about the return policy - no response. I returned the plants per the return policy, and planned on reordering them if I ever heard back. I have not heard a thing from the company about the refund. I know they received the plants- I have the tracking information. I have emailed them several times. There is no phone number on the website, and no way to get a refund from them. I will not reorder!
Positive Taras_Bounty
April 1, 2019
I had a good experience with this company. Like many, I've gotten used to instant turn around time and got nervous when I didn't hear back from them or get shipping information, but my plants arrived happy and healthy 9 days after I ordered them online.

I ordered 3 varieties of banana and a dwarf pomegranate start on 3/20/19. The bananas all had 4-5 leaves with a new furled leaf on the way. The root plugs were securely wrapped in plastic and taped, and were about 1" wide by 3-4" long and the roots appeared strong. They were shipped in a 2-day Priority Mail 24" long box, with the plants securely taped to the inside of the box so they wouldn't jostle around and bruise each other.

Overall a good experience, and I would buy from them again.
Negative Keys6505
Toms River, NJ
March 31, 2019
Same issue as another customer here. Ordered Colocasia Gigante, they sent a Colocasia Gigantea. After numerous emails and phone calls I gave up and figured it was only like $8 I'll just save myself the headache and order another one. They sent the wrong plant AGAIN!! I emailed with photos, called every number I could find online and even tried to dispute with Visa but couldn't because their policy doesn't cover living plants. Customer service here is non-existent. Buyer beware.
Negative Kristina1351
Mount Pleasant, SC
February 6, 2019
ordered 3 Colocasia Gigante, Dragonheart, a "black" variety. I was sent 3 greeen colocasia. I tried to email them via the website numerous times, I called the unmonitored voicemail and used the email address given there as well as leaving 2 messages on the off chance they would be heard. I emailed via Paypal and opened a case with Paypal. The company has never responded to any of my contact efforts or those from PayPal. I am of the opinion that these people know exactly what they are doing. They are not accredited with the BBB and have an F rating. I have filed a complaint with BBB and left a review there as well. PLEASE be very leery of this company, there is something shady going on here. I would NEVER order from them again for any reason ever.
Negative kmerry01
Lake Worth, FL
February 3, 2019
I ordered 3 plants from Florida Hill Nursery on 12/25/18. The payment was posted to my credit card on 12/26/18. I sent an email on 1/9/19 asking about the status of my order and received a reply on 1/12/19 that it would ship out on 1/14/19. When I received no package, I sent 2 emails on 1/21/19 and 1/24/19 along with several inquires on their website asking about any delays or the tracking information without response. It apparently is not an isolated event that this company takes your money without sending any product. I cannot recommend this nursery and caution prospective buyers to avoid it at all cost.
Negative LovingCannas
Madison, AL (Zone 7b)
January 24, 2019
I placed an order for two elephant ears via EBay. I did not receive an email indicating when the product would ship. I can confirm the order was placed because the money was immediately debited from my bank account. I emailed the seller several times for a shipped date. I emailed over one week ago and I have not received any correspondence. I would like to cancel my order and receive a refund at this point.
Negative PottedLife
December 26, 2018
Posted on November 13, 2018, updated December 26, 2018
Posted on November 11, 2018, updated November 13, 2018
Posted on November 10, 2018, updated November 11, 2018
Posted on November 10, 2018, updated November 10, 2018
Oct 26 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'18 I place an order with Special Instructions on their order form regarding the dates to ship as *I won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t be at that address until that date*. Directly after placing my order I did receive an automated copy of it in my e-mail that contained the Special Instructions I left them so I thought it should be okay - don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t worry.
But for all companies that I ordered from (many) I always follow up and contact again just to be double sure my instructions and dates are okay.
As of today I have e-mailed them around six times (including via their webform) and still not one reply back from them.
When I telephone them (386 873 8064) I only get a fast beeping sound (like out of order).

So I login to my account (Nov 11) to check the status of my order. It states that my Order has been \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"completed\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" on Oct 26th.
So that means either that they have no intention of shipping my plants and are just keeping my money
Or
They already shipped the plants Oct 26 as stated - TWENTY FIVE DAYS EARLY to an address that I am not even at yet!
So I had someone check the shipping address (Nov 11) to see if I have a package there from them - nothing.
They didn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t even provide any kind of tracking number. Even if so the tropical plants after 25 days sitting in a sealed box outside in the sun, rain and now snow would be dead and/or the box stolen.

This is the note on my order that they included on their form back to me as well:
******* here. I ordered from you back in 2016. I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll be in the US again for a short stay but *not until November 14th*.
Please hold my plants until then and ship them out Nov 19th Monday.
I leave back to Malaysia (with my plants) around the 29th of Nov.
So my plants must arrive within those dates. If any/all can not meet that schedule please cancel my order.
Thank you.
On November 9th, 2018, PottedLife added the following:

Correction on Nov 11th date above, should state Nov 10th.
On November 11th, 2018, PottedLife added the following:

Nov 11 \\\'18
1. I have submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau requesting a refund/ reverse charges.

2. Submitted a complaint to PayPal requesting a refund/ reverse charges, though I didn\\\'t pay through PayPal but my order form states it was processed through PayPal.

3. Submitted a complaint to my bank that issued the credit card I paid with requesting for reverse charges.

4. I will be seeking other avenues of getting a refund until I have been fully refunded. I DON\\\'T EVEN WANT THE PLANTS NOW AFTER ALL THIS TROUBLE and -

after reading other negative reviews here that when Florida Hill Nursery actually bothers to reply to their customers they are so rude and even claim that they are the one being abused by us making a complaint. So unprofessional and shocking.
On November 13th, 2018, PottedLife added the following:

Nov 14 \'18 Update:
I have still not heard from them and I expect I will not without further action.
I am waiting for an outcome from my bank.
For those interested (statute is 4-5 years depending on case) I have been provided with the following information:
To file a small claims lawsuit against them jurisdiction is in the county where the defendant resides:
Volusia County Courthouse

(386) 873-8064
Angela and Shawn

NOTE E-BAY BUYERS:
[[email protected]]
If you have a complaint I recommend doing a negative feedback FIRST before contacting them. According to numerous buyers (google search both company names; there are MANY including with BBB) once you complain directly to them they will blacklist you before you have a chance to leave a negative review. This is how they keep their reviews high on E-Bay.

On December 26th, 2018, PottedLife added the following:

Update Dec 27 '18:
My bank has managed to secure a full refund for me by proving to their bank that that they did not deliver goods in the manner that they were ordered. Florida Hill did dispute it but with the documents I provided it clearly showed they were in the wrong.

Summary - Buyers Be Aware!
Negative Bonita1889
Taylor, MI
July 19, 2018
I ordered a Banana plant and Elephant ear, that was June 21,2018. The order was processed because I checked with the bank, and saw the order was complete on Florida hill nursery website. I have sent NUMEROUS emails, messages, but NO RESPONSE. I HAVE NEVER SEEN anything like this. My usps said label created for a while but then nothing. No money, No plants..... unprofessional . Report unfair business practices.
Neutral Rae111
Faribault, MN
October 10, 2017
In June, I ordered 4 plants. Within a month, the Gros Michel banana that I had received had collapsed. I contacted the company and followed the return directions on the website. I expressed to them that I did not want a refund, I really just wanted an alive plant. I got one email response from them, stating that they could not find my order and requesting the order number. I forwarded them the receipt. And then I heard nothing for months. I actually almost forgot. But I had paid to return the plant, in hope of getting a new one. I emailed them again, and still nothing, so I opened a complaint with PayPal. Within the week, I received a full refund for the order (all for plants). I put my experience as neutral because I was very happy with the full refund, it was more than I had expected, but I still have not heard anything from Florida Hill Nursery. PayPal informed me that I had received a refund. Shipping a new plant would have been cheaper than refunding the entire order. I just felt like it was bad customer service to not even hear from the company.
Positive Luvh20
Murrieta, CA
August 24, 2017
Very fast delivery. Healthy plants. Will be ordering more. I'm in southern CA where I can hardly find any nurseries out side the state that will send anything with soil attached! Probably because this company has "disease free" plants?
Neutral tripperdre
Brooklyn, NY
August 22, 2017
...so far.

I recently ordered two plants from FHN. Shipped within 3 days, tracking sent. Great! Upon recent arrival I opened the package to find only one plant, and it was neither of the plants that I had ordered. I have reached out to FHN via phone and email and hoping I can change this review to positive upon arrival of the correct plants!
Negative LindaLo
Arizona City, AZ
August 19, 2017
I ordered two colocasia starts from FloridaHill Nursery. One plant arrived fine, the other was literally cooked to mush. I have sent at least three emails, and I have used their contact form twice. I have not received any response from them at all. I sent photos of what was left of the plant as proof. Still nothing.

I ordered this plant to grow, not to eat.
As far as I can tell, they don't care about their customers.
So I spent $25 dollars for one little plant. For some reason I feel that is an excessively high price for a tiny plant.

I will never order from them again.
Positive nufie0276
Miami, FL
July 29, 2017
I ordered a banana plant from this nursery. I did not know and realize all the negative comments about this nursery until after I order it. I got scared and I wasn't sure if I was going to get my shipment but it did come in less than seven days very well packaged and the plant was very healthy and living very well now in our yard. The only concern I had was they didn't they provide you with a follow up email confirming your order. But overall are experience was positive.
Positive lofaso82
Killeen, TX
July 12, 2017
Placed order on 07/07/17 which contained:
1 ea. Musa Kandarian Banana tree
1 ea. Musa Dwarf Red Banana tree
Received both items on 07/12/17 and both items appear to be good condition. Quick and painless transaction. Thank you Florida Hill!

Positive bopcrane
Huntington,
United States (Zone 6b)
July 6, 2017
I was worried about purchasing from them after reading a few of the negative reviews, but I am happy to say my experience with them was wonderful. I ordered three fig trees, and within a week (it took about 3 business days) they arrived, The plants were packaged well and were very healthy on arrival. They were a very good deal and were clearly labeled. The next time I need fig or banana plants, I will keep them in mind!
Positive kikikritter
West Monroe, LA
June 6, 2017
I ordered 6 plants (the cheapest was 8.99) and only read the negative reviews afterwards so I was really worried.
I was pleased when I received them within 5 business days. All of the plants were well packed and arrived with moist, healthy root balls and no leaf damage.
I planted them immediately and they are already putting out new leaves.
The shipping charge was more than reasonable, much better than most places I order from.
I would highly recommend Florida Hill Nursery.
Positive plchan
Westminster, CO
June 5, 2017
Ordered 4 Musa Basjoo on Memorial Day, delivered today 6/5.
The plants look very fresh and healthy and no worse for the trip.

The only thing that I think FHN could do better is order tracking/status. We're all used to the instant gratification of constant order and shipping updates from Amazon and such. But it looks like FHN is doing it a little bit 'old school', and that's OK.

They had what I couldn't find anywhere else and at a good price, delivered in less than a week, and healthy.

I'd attach a photo if I could to show the packaging but the plants were packed well with no stress apparent.
I'll post the pic on their FB page.

The only reason I signed up for davesgarden was to post a positive to counter some of the negatives. I am not questioning the negatives, just offering up that my experience was a good one.
Negative MelanieAdams
Shirley, AR
June 1, 2017
On May 14, 2017 I ordered 12 Musa Bajoo Banana Trees for $118.87. On May 22nd I received a box from FHN. It contained 5 silver bags of fertilizer. I assumed they sent this to use when I receive and plant my trees. They never came. On May 24, 2017 I emailed them and told them what I received and asked when I would get my trees. I also called and left a VM message. No response. On May 26, 2017 I called and left multiple VM messages and sent two more email messages. By that afternoon I received an email from them with a tracking number, YAY, but not so quick, the tracking number was for the 5 silver fertilizer packages I received on May 22nd!!! I waited until after the Memorial Day Weekend and called Tuesday May 30th and left 2 more VM and sent 2 more email messages. May 31,2017, I called and left 2 VM's and sent another message begging for a response. I have called them today and emailed them today and stated If I do not get a response by 4pm today, I will be calling my credit card company and cancelling my payment of $118.87.
Negative davesgardenhwid
Lakewood, CA
April 13, 2017
I ordered two banana plants on the 5th. My order shows processing to this day. It also shows that the transaction was completed. The plants have not arrived yet. I have tried to contact the company with emails etc and have had no response from them. It would be nice to have a tracking # to be able to follow the product and at least know that it was on the way. At this point I feel like they have my money and have disappeared with it. No response from them.....Should have been here last week. 2-5 business days are long gone......
Negative kmrowan
Jacksonville, FL (Zone 9a)
April 12, 2017
Placed an order and needed clarification regarding shipping. Made numerous phone calls, and no answer; the recorded message directed callers to email. Sent multiple emails to multiple email addresses listed for the company, with no response back from them after two weeks. As a mail-order company, there should be at least some communication. Based on this experience and such poor customer service, I cannot recommend this company.
Positive antiquer
Telford, TN
April 3, 2017
I ordered 5 banana plants of three different varieties. Then I thought to read reviews and had concerns. No concern needed! Very fast shipping, packed very well and so much larger than I expected! Wonderful price and very healthy. All instructions for planting are on your website and very easy to watch and understand . I thank you for your superb transaction and will highly recommend you. I will shop with you many more times I assure you. Very pleased indeed!
Positive rddjgarden
Bristol, FL
March 13, 2017
I ordered 2 Alocasias on a Tuesday, and received the correct order in good condition 3 days later, even though the box was mashed down in shipment. I would order from this company again.
Negative Millerman1199
Berlin, NJ
March 2, 2017
Posted on March 1, 2017, updated March 2, 2017
Hi! I recently purchased some plants on their website and need to either cancel my order or update my zip code, as the zip code i put in is incorrect. Please contact me I\'ve emailed a few times and have not heard back! Thank you!

On March 2nd, 2017, Millerman1199 changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I've yet to receive any response back after emailing them via their website as well as messaging them via their eBay store. I wrote in the incorrect zip code for shipping and I need it fixed or I won't be receiving my $59 order which was placed on 2/23. Please contact me to update my shipping zip code so I will receive my order. If your reading this PLEASE contact me so we can fix this. I'll change my review from negative to positive. Thank you
Positive shootingrainbow
GARBERVILLE, CA
February 28, 2017
I ordered a cutting. It arrived about a week later than they advertised, I got my plant in eight days, but it was shipped with two-day-shipping. The cutting was healthy, but came with no pot. It came in a box with the plant substrate in a plastic bag, the label of the plant's common name only on a piece of masking tape written in marker. No purchase order form, no other information, just the plant taped to the box with packing tape. The cutting was healthy, and that is all I care about. I did attempt to contact them by phone to ask about additional information as to what I should repot the plant in, and other additional care, and I have not received any response---it's been a few weeks now. All I can say is that the plant was healthy overall, which is most important, but the company appears less than professional. They seem like they are just some individuals doing this out of their own back yard, not like an extensive nursery. But, the plant was a low price, and that is what I was going for. You get what you pay for! I would recommend buying from them again definately, as I am all for supporting small mom&pop businesses---I think it's cool. If you're a beginner gardener, you will need to do your own research on the plants you order, because these people are not going to help you out with any additional information or advice. If you just want a inexpensive plant that's healthy and can figure the rest out on your own, this is a decent buy. They had a rare plant for a good price! Most definately worth the money, and I'm going to buy a few more from them, and I also recommended them to a friend.
Negative brandonb21
Bentonville, VA
February 22, 2017
Posted on February 15, 2017, updated February 22, 2017
Posted on February 14, 2017, updated February 15, 2017
Posted on February 13, 2017, updated February 14, 2017
Posted on February 12, 2017, updated February 13, 2017
Posted on January 27, 2017, updated February 12, 2017
Order is still processing, No email notifications after i ordered product so i made an account with them to check status and is still processing after 10 days. I have tried contacting them but they wont respond. I should have researched this company before ordering from them.
On February 12th, 2017, brandonb21 added the following:

Still haven\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t received the philodendron hope I ordered and its still processing and still no response to my multiple emails.
On February 13th, 2017, brandonb21 added the following:

Reached out to USPS the package was left outside on a shelf attached to the garage if I had tracking information in the first place I probably could have found it before now weeks later. I got an email from the company today and now I\\\\\\\'m waiting for a response again.
On February 14th, 2017, brandonb21 added the following:

Still being ignored by the company. I can\\\'t blame them fully for the dead plant but this stupid company mixed with the stupid post office is a deadly mix. I have not received any apologies for being dissatisfied and I keep asking about why there isnt tracking information avaible right after I order. They can tell by my emails that I didn\\\'t have the package and all they can say is that it was delivered January 23 . I truly hate this company
On February 15th, 2017, brandonb21 added the following:

Still waiting for a response. I guess I won\'t be getting a refund or sent a new plant. I\'ve never been treated like this from an online company before.
On February 22nd, 2017, brandonb21 added the following:

Gave up on trying to reach company. Ordered plant from other seller through Amazon and they actually sent tracking :) save yalls money Florida hill nursery were placed on earth by Satan to bring destruction. If you buy from this company you are supporting ISIS
On Feb 13, 2017 8:18 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

That was delivered back in January, here's the confirmation.

Neutral HorseFeathers70
Vancouver, WA (Zone 8a)
February 9, 2017
Ordered a plant from them via Ebay store. Plant arrived in decent time. Reasons for neutral rating are:

1. Lack of communication.
2. Un professionalism when dealing with dissatisfied customers, ie: calling them losers in feedback.
3. Not leaving buyers positive feedback when they pay you promptly, seemingly playing the wait and see if they leave you negative feedback first then lash out at them game.
On Feb 13, 2017 8:27 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Our feedback rating is 1 neg per thousand and have completed 40 thousand transactions with approx. 100 negative ratings. most folks that leave negative feedback use it as means of lashing out at good sellers. The transaction was a loser not the buyer.

Negative AlephShin
Hampton bays ,
United States
October 17, 2016
In few cases I like to leave bad feedbacks but when I deal with poor customer service and feelings like I've waste my money I will give people a shout out alert based on my own experience.
2 weeks ago I ordered some ficus and blueberry plants (all listed on stock) I provided a shipping address in new York in spite of being paid with an international credit card -but hey! It doesn't matter right?
It took a while for the payment to be cleared but when the order was finally placed I never received an invoice or at least a confirmation mail. Almost two weeks have passed, I have dropped them at least three emails since the very first moment after payment at [email protected] and [email protected] but still I don't hear back from them. The plant have not been delivered either.
So sad the way they deal with their clients.
On Feb 13, 2017 8:20 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

your international credit card slowed the process down. Not by us by the processing company.

Positive mwieder
Beachwood, OH
August 14, 2016
Received the plants that I ordered at the time I ordered them. All 3 were healthy and appropriate size for the price.
On Feb 13, 2017 8:38 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

Thank you, unfortunately this platform is often abused by buyers I would take 99 percent of the negative feedback with a grain of salt the size of a football...

Negative nemesys
Merritt Island, FL
August 2, 2016
Posted on August 2, 2016, updated August 2, 2016
The passion flower plants I ordered, admittedly at a discount, were already infected with the \"woodiness virus\" when I received them and have not grown at all, except to turn in to woody sticks. I do not trust this company\'s website for quality plants.The passion flower plants I ordered, admittedly at a discount, were already infected with the \"woodiness virus\" when I received them and have not grown at all, except to turn in to woody sticks. I do not trust this company\'s website for quality plants.
On August 2nd, 2016, nemesys added the following:

The passion flower plants I ordered, admittedly at a discount, were already infected with the "woodiness virus" when I received them and have not grown at all, except to turn in to woody sticks. I do not trust this company's website for quality plants.
Negative snorky1
Tallahassee, FL
June 24, 2016
sent me the wrong breed of plant
would not respond to my attempts to contact to resolve through email
all plants died back as if they were never exposed to outside conditions
suggest you use paypal so you can have a intermediate party to deal with these people
wish i did research before i gave these people my money
Negative jmgkg0
Mickleton, NJ
May 23, 2016
I ordered two fig trees from Florida hill nursery a Black Mission and a LSU Purple, both arrived with leaf rust. I don't know why anyone would send sick trees.
Positive Tamalaine
Rogue River, OR (Zone 8b)
May 3, 2016
I ordered a couple of passionfruit vines, a red-stemmed elephant ear, and a hardy banana. The shipment came VERY quickly...all the way from Florida to Oregon in two days. The plants were in beautiful shape and packaged well. They are very healthy and larger than I expected. Obviously, if you go to a nursery, you'll get larger plants in pots, but for mail-order starts, these were beautiful. I expect they will thrive as soon as I can get them in the dirt. I definitely recommend this nursery and I will be ordering again. They have all kinds of exotic plants that will do very well in my Zone 8b garden.
Negative YourNurse
Camarillo, CA
April 27, 2016
Ordered around $70 of plant material. Received 4" plants and over half of them dead. Followed the instructions and returned the dead plant material within 30 days included the original invoice and labeled all plants returned. Its been over two months and no refund. Have emailed florida Hill Nursery four times and the latest is they want the postal receipt. No phone number listed. My experience with Florida Hill Nursery is no customer service, plants sent are expensive and dead-not recourse or refund. Might as well give your money away you will not see it again or a viable plant.
Positive slid707
MCKINNEY,
United States
February 26, 2016
I ordered banana trees, passion flower vines, and dragon fruit. They came extremely well packed and all look Very healthy. Only took 3 days to ship. I'm excited to order from them again!
Negative jimmoa
Sebastian, FL
January 23, 2016
Sent them two emails over the past 10 days asking if they could tell me when one of their out-of-stock items would be available or if they could email me when I could order it.

Absolutely no response of any kind to either email.

I will definitely spend my money somewhere else!
On Feb 13, 2017 8:31 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

This is a prime example of feedback abuse, you haven\'t bought anything you are just complaining about response to out of stock items. buzz off...

On Feb 13, 2017 8:39 AM, Florida Hill Nursery added:

This is abuse of the feedback system. buzz off

Negative nonogood
San Francisco, CA
October 9, 2015
I ordered three dragonfruit trees from this company. Two came out with some kind of rot. Of the two, one is very tiny and nearly dead. The whole top part is rotted off.

I contacted the merchant asking for a replacement and it took several days but somebody responded and asked for a picture which I promptly sent. It's been a week and no response even after dropping them another email asking for an update.

I don't like leaving bad reviews for merchants but this one is bad. Unless you want to be chasing people through email and "virtual" presence" then you might want to pass on ordering from them. I think it's horrible they send rotted and near dead plants without the customer service to address issues.

Pay a little more and get it from a reputable merchant. This one isn't good. It's going to cost you time and frustration in the end. I'm done with them.
On Feb 13, 2017 8:34 AM, Florida Hill Nursery responded with:

We ask for pictures of the plants in lieu of returning them to us for a refund. Plants die its a fact. get off your high horse and send the picture

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]