The scoop on 'The Tree Nursery (tnnursery.net; formerly TN Tree Nursery)'

The Tree Nursery (tnnursery.net; formerly TN Tree Nursery)

12845 State Route 108
Altamont, Tennessee 37301 (United States)

This company is affiliated with Tennessee Wholesale Nursery (also dba D & T Wholesale Nursery; formerly TN Nursery)

No positives

Comments:

Negative stephbealee
Minneapolis, MN
June 28, 2017
We purchased sedge plugs from Tennesee Wholesale Nursery on 10/11/2016, order #10803 for $704.

The product arrived looking dead but inside the box there was a piece of paper saying, essentially, we ship bare root plants. They may look dead, but they are not. Plant them and water them and they will bloom in the spring.

For their wholesale division (10+ plants) hey have a 24 guarantee on their plants where they will give refunds. Again on their warranty page ([[email protected]]), they stress that plants will look dead but they are not.

We planted ONE THOUSAND (yes, one thousands holes were dug) of these plugs and watered them. When spring came here in MN, we gave them until late May but I would say less than 5% came back. Maybe 1%. We spent hours digging and planting and watering these dead plugs.

We sent pictures of our dead lawn and they said we would need to send back the plugs to get replacements and there are no refunds. I argued that 1) there are ONE THOUSAND plugs, I have already spent time planting them and watering them, I do not feel I should have to dig up ONE THOUSAND PLUGS when I sent pictures of our dead lawn. It's pretty clear they're all dead 2) There was only the tiniest root ball and a few sprigs of grass on each plug. We watered them all fall, they sat under snow, we watered in the spring. The plugs are decomposed and it would be impossible to dig them up and send them back.

We tried to refute the charge with our CC but since 6 months had passed, we lost our window. The problem is, we planted them in October and you don't know if your plants are living in Minnesota until May.

There support has been short and not willing to work with us. I'm extremely unhappy with their product and customer service. Researching after on places like Yelp, I have discovered I am not the only one unhappy with their services or that received dead plants and they are not willing to give a refund.
Negative 212Loni
Ogdensburg, NY
June 7, 2017
I ordered from this company without checking here first. I learned my hard lesson. They never told me when they were shipping. They shipped USPS in a small padded envelope and charged me $48.00!!!! The roots are decomposing and miniscule. Unusable. I contacted the company right away and Tammy was SO RUDE. I spent $330 for plants for a youth garden club. We don't have the resources to lose that money on unthrifty, unviable plants. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. They will not honor their service.
Negative FernLove
New York City, NY
June 5, 2017
Order arrived without the promised e-mail notice of shipment. Order included a lot of items I did not order...presumably to make up for the terrible condition of the actual order.

Since you cannot make up for dead plants by including more dead plants I verified returns policy within 1 hour of receiving shipment.

TN only takes wholesale returns if you get them back to them in 24 hours. Yes, 24 hours. That is only possible if you live right next door to them. No one does. No one that close will buy from them.

I will go through my CC company to get my money back.

Avoid this group under all its various names. If the address is in Tennessee....just avoid it.
Neutral Stoffel
Canon City, CO
April 13, 2017
I ordered a bulk lot of fiddlehead ferns from TN Online Nursery, or whatever name it is going by at the time.

I AM IN NO WAY INFLUENCED BY THE THREATS OF LAWSUITS FOR POSTING NEGATIVE REVIEWS. All of my plants ABSOLUTELY grew and in no way shape or form arrived completely dead dried out sticks. I was ABSOLUTELY able to contact customer service and DEFINITELY received an immediate response. I DEFINITELY haven't been trying to contact them for months to get a replacement only to hear nothing back. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend them to anyone. DEFINITELY NOT INFLUENCED BY THE THREAT OF A LAWSUIT FOR POSTING NEGATIVE REVIEWS. Thought I would reiterate that.
Negative jnahnet
Bootjack, CA
April 8, 2017
The California drought has decimated the trees on my property; I ordered 3 trees from Tree NurseryCompany, hoping to have found a good source for restoring the 5 acres I call home. I ordered 2 Oaks and a Redbud, all species that do very well where I live. Which doesn't matter when the "trees" are in fact dead sticks. They arrived dead, I have not gotten any reply to messages about a refund or replacement.
I will never order from them again.
Negative matievski
Livingston, NJ
April 5, 2017
Stay away from this company tnnursery.net
They ship wrong tree seedlings , roots are bare in the box 12 day Fedex bone dry, twigs snap like a hay - they so dry, looks like they collecting trees in autumn and shipping bone dry twigs with no roots whatsoever in spring.
No answering after you tell them about the problem, no feedback, you will be banned and your email will go to the spam folder.
That suppose to be wisterias and ginkgos:
//s015.radikal.ru/i330/1704/3f/cefb2e9b8b1e.jpg
//s019.radikal.ru/i616/1704/4d/6f1eb4e8d475.jpg
//s13.radikal.ru/i186/1704/5e/5a91c66399a1.jpg
//s019.radikal.ru/i615/1704/dc/b89b06813e5d.jpg
instead they heaven fruit trees or what not..
STAY AWAY FROM TNNURSERY.NET!!!!
Negative BDPlant
Murrieta, CA
October 25, 2016
TOTAL SCAM ARTISTS. SENT ME GARBAGE AS "SUBSTITUTIONS". DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. I WISH I HAD FOUND THESE REVIEWS FIRST, BUT THEY ARE ALSO LISTED AS "garden plants nursery" (gardenplantsnursery.com). SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.
Negative ConnieEtter
Martinsville, IN
January 23, 2014
I was so disappointed in my shipment. (I order tons of items online-- addicted to flowers). I searched all over for "Indian Pinks" which took me to TN nursery. I ordered these and hepatica. The hepatica they sent was pretty nice and thrived. The Indian pinks were a "muddy mess". I couldn't tell which end to plant or even what was a plant.

I took photographs which I emailed to them along with asking advise on how to plant. The gal said she would ask the garden area. She did email me back saying. This was how they were suppose to look and to plant them. She ensured me they would thrive. Being hopeful I planted them. Unsure what was the top or bottom (maybe they are growing upside down? Ha). Anyway, not one of the 50 grew.

I am crossing my fingers they show signs of life this year. Like everyone we just want pretty flowers. I did email them a couple weeks ago after receiving a coupon. I explained the plants failed to come up and would let them know if anything came up this spring. I have not heard back from them.

Crossing my fingers I get pretty Fire Pinks this year.

Dear TN, I don't want my money. Just flowers that grow.
Negative rugbycrumpet
Sharon, MA (Zone 6a)
February 28, 2013
I have placed 2 separate orders with this company because I couldn't resist the low prices. And I guess it's true that you get what you pay for in this case.

The 1st order arrived missing 25 hostas bare-roots. I emailed the vendor and their response was "the packing slip showed that they were included". I told them I don't care what the package slip said, they were not there! I did not get any further response from them.

Unfortunately, I placed a 2nd order with the same vendor before I received my 1st order. If I had known about the problem with the 1st order sooner, I wouldn't have done business with them again.

Today, I got a phone call & email from TN nursery regarding the 2nd order. They said that I have provided an invalid mailing address and the package was returned to them undeliverable - they said that if I still want the items, I have to repay the $21 shipping charge. That is absolutely not true! I did provide the correct mailing address. I even have the email order confirmation to show that I gave the correct address - instead, it was a processing error on the vendor's part. I just sent the order confirmations/proof to the vendor and now just waiting for their response. Regardless, I placed 2 orders with TN nursery and had issues with both. I will not be doing business with this company again. Very disappointed.

Negative Laurie777
Renton, WA
November 26, 2012
I WANT TO ADD MY EXPERIENCE TO HOPEFULLY HELP OTHER PEOPLE STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY. THEY ARE ALSO ASSOCIATED WITH QUICK GROWING TREES (WHICH IS THE WEBSITE I BOUGHT MY TREES AND BUSHES FROM). I ORDERED 4 MAPLE TREES AND 4 BUSHES, AND WHAT I GOT IN THE MAIL WAS A JOKE!! THE TOTAL WEIGHT OF ALL EIGHT OF THEM PLUS THE BURLAP SACK IT CAME IN AND THE GOUP THAT THEY PUT ON THE "ROOT" SYSTEM WAS 5 POUNDS! THAT MEANS EACH 5 FOOT "TREE" WEIGHED LESS THAT 1/2 A POUND. THE "TREES AND BUSHES" WERE TWIGS (THAT LOOKED NOTHING AT ALL LIKE THE PICTURES OF THE BAREROOT TREES ON THEIR WEBSITE). AND THEY CHARGED ME $25.00 FOR EACH TWIG! TRYING TO CONTACT THEM AND GET ANY HELP OR REFUND IS COMPLETELY FUTILE, AS YOU CAN SEE ALSO FROM OTHERS REVIEWS. I, ALSO, LOOKED UP THEIR RATING ON THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU WEBSITE, AND THEY RECEIVED AN "F" RATING. I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE ELSE NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. THANKS!
Negative GreenThumbTN
Beverly Hills, CA
November 5, 2012
I ordered trees and recieved them dry small and barely any roots...2/3 of all the trees have so far died. I called them and the lady immediately put me off when I tried to ask for help in my tree purchase. She gave me customer service and this guy proceeded to talk to me as if he didnt give a damn about my problem and was unapologetic or sympathized with my situation. Bottom line asked to me to a scratch test on nearly 50 trees and then take photo's of each tree and email all this information to them. Then, the horticulturest would deicide (IF) they would do anything about it. Or I could buy more dead trees for 50% of regular price. I told him the trees have all turned brown and you can clearly see they are dead. He didnt give a shit what I had to say. I hung on them. DO NOT - DO NOT - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKED ASS FRAUDS!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!
Negative tkinstle
Comstock Northwest, MI
October 31, 2012
DONT BUY, UNETHICAL, UNTRUSTWORTHY

They sent me trees without roots, they tried to twist the story like the trees did have roots and it was my fault they died.

(how things ended)
We guarantee them to arrive in excellent condition.... TN Nursery

Well you did not satisfy the condition of your guarantee; sending me trees missing most of their roots and some of the tops cut off. Me

We did guarantee them to be alive, and they were when you received them. TN Nursery

Tammy, You just keep twisting your story. Please let me know by the end of the day Thursday if you actually are going to do something. Me

.....you can get a 50% discount. TN Nursery

Why would I want to buy more trees without roots? Me
Negative MILLER051603
Clinton, MS
October 27, 2012
I'll just let the following emails speak for themselves!
I do not recall having such a negative experience with any company as I have with TN Tree Nursery.
I did receive a refund for the missing plants. Although TN Tree Nursery insisted they did send the plants. Myself, my wife, and Mother in Law searched the packaging thoroughly. The plants were not in my shipment!
Needless to say, they made me a bit flustered!
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 9:10 PM
Subject: Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page
Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

I did not receive my full order. My order of 5 Snow on the Mountain plants were not shipped in my order.I called but could only get voicemails or someone who couldn't help me. I would appreciate someone contacting me on this matter. I have read a lot of negative feed back about this company. So, I am beginning to get nervous about doing business with TN Nursery. I only hope this issue is resolved quickly. Thanks.
Tn Tree Nurseries //www.tnnursery.net/
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 11:21 PM
Subject: Re: Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

the negative feedback no where out weights 5600 people we ship to. You may have seen 20 out of nearly 6000- The American Red Cross has worse feedback than us, not even .5%. But people look for bad if they donít get answers I suppose.
Ive searched for your order (im home) and found it. I donít see 1 phone call,1 message, nothing. Ive been in this for 56 years and Ive learned to record calls that comes in and nothings ever been called in from 601-953-1177.
Id like to know what # youíve called. Also when we are not near the phones, I pay $1000 per month to make sure all customerís calls get answered. They always take messages yet you say youíve called and someone couldnít help you- thatís what they are for (to take messages) and I donít see 1. We do not have voicemails at all on any phonelines we have (and we have 11 lines).
I have about 3.00 in 5 snow on the mtn plants (a lot more if I counted my time) and I sure donít think 5 little plants is worth loosing a customer or making someone think we are a fraud company. I will pull your order and make sure you get your plants shipped out monday morning.
Dennis Sons
Tn Nursrry

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 11:40 PM

Seriously?
The first number I called was 931-962-4252, I did not leave a voicemail because it instructed me to call 931-692-4837. Whoever answered the 4837 # the person said it was not there dept and they would pass the message along. I did not state I left a voicemail. As to why you can't find my # on your ID- that's is not my problem.
Just refund my card for the "5 little plants" ($17.99). I don't like to give business to people that are rude and unprofessional, which you were very in your email. You should not treat your customers in this manner- but I guess that's why all the negative reviews!

Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

we wont be refunding anything.

Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

WOW! So professional! No wonder you have an F rating with the BBB. Not to mention all the bad reviews. I'll expect my 5 snow on the mountain plants no later than Thursday.
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

you may get them. Your smart mouth only hurts you. Ive tried to get along with you. people like you is the reasoning behnd me not fooling with the BBB

Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:12 PM

CLASSY!
YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR ANYTHING ABOUT ME!YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT SOME ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES....OR THERAPY!!!!!

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]