The scoop on 'Maplestone Ornamentals'

Maplestone Ornamentals

6774 Union Ave
Alliance, Ohio 44601 (United States)

Comments:

Positive suecat64
Southbridge, MA
October 4, 2020
We unfortunately picked a very difficult year to shop Japanese maples, as most of our local nurseries in this region are wiped out of most plants, due to the surge in interest in gardening with folks staying home.

We were pleased to get two small shipments of healthy looking varieties from Maplestone, who appear to have the one of the most extensive selections outside of the Pacific Northwest. The small trees were very well packaged for transit and shipped quickly. We'll be hoping they'll have more varieties in stock this coming spring...
Positive gerryo1
Lynchburg, VA
June 23, 2020
Posted on June 12, 2020, updated June 23, 2020
My first order with this company. Ordered and speedily received a Japanese maple. Well packaged and no broken limbs at all. Impressive! I will be ordering from this company again.
On June 23rd, 2020, gerryo1 added the following:

Second order. Took advantage of their $20 sale for their choice of 2/3 year old red/green, weeping/upright maples. Today I received a very nice almost 2' tall green variegated upright palmatum. I couldn't be happier. I just wish I had a bigger yard!
Positive Luciole
Chapel Hill, NC (Zone 7b)
May 31, 2018
I ordered a few things from Maplestone this spring (one maple, one rare conifer, and their baby conifer sampler), and I am incredibly impressed with the whole experience. Shipping was very fast (2 days) and inexpensive. The painstaking care they took to pack the plants and prevent damage was obvious. Not a single leaf or needle was damaged in transit. The plants themselves were much larger and better established than I was expecting as well. I actually double-checked the invoice because I thought that there was no way I didn't pay more for the plants than I did! The maple and the baby conifers in particular had extensive root systems (but not potbound) and probably could have been potted up a size and sold for a good bit more money. All of the plants have settled in and pushed out new growth. I'm looking forward to ordering more plants, especially some young conifers, from Maplestone this fall!
Positive Irvind12
Mulberry, AR
February 28, 2018
I am very pleased both with the ordering process and the timely delivery of the Japanese maples that I purchased.
The trees I received were in excellent condition. I will purchase from them again.
Positive plant_collector
Oak Ridge, TN
April 25, 2015
Place my first order recently and plants were shipped when requested, well packed, and decent size. A second order with them couldn't be sent when I requested due to a web server problem and I was provided a prompt refund. Will order again from Maplestone eventually.
Positive directorrod
Rockton, IL
November 14, 2014
Posted on January 3, 2014, updated November 14, 2014
I have been completely satisfied with all my numerous online purchases from Maplestone Ornamentals (maplestoneornamentals.com).
Micah Norcom personally stands behind his sales to guarantee 100% customer satisfaction. He carries a large selection of Japanese Maple cultivars. Whenever possible I try to purchase the largest specimens available.
On November 14th, 2014, directorrod added the following:

Another order and another highly positive response. 5 more 3 and 4 year old trees, wonderful size, branching, and shape, at very reasonable prices. An order from Maplestone will not disappoint!
Positive Queala
Newport, MI (Zone 5b)
April 21, 2013
First time buyer and they will be getting a repeat customer. I purchased a total of 11 japanese maples. All arrived in good condition.
Nice branched out plants at a reasonable price. Good shipping well boxed. Thanks!