Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

The scoop on 'Talbott Nursery and Poultry'

Talbott Nursery and Poultry

2620A W Feeder IH-45
New Waverly, Texas 77358 (United States)

Comments:

Negative J9eva
Greenville,
United States
August 13, 2019
I ordered 4 camellias from this company and had much back and forth communication before the purchase. The instructions provided for the plants were well documented and I followed them to "the letter". These plants, when they arrived, were small and feeble looking but I figured they were shocked from the transport (and they were shipped "dry root"). Two of these plants have since died, 1 is making a comeback and the 4th is just trying to hang on. Before purchasing Mr. Talbott said he would guarantee one of them up to a year because it was not in such great shape. When I contacted him about the plants he was very rude. Asking him to honor his commitment, he never responded despite multiple communications. I eventually logged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and he didn't respond to them either. I would never recommend anyone to do business with this man as he is not respectable, honorable or nice. He is rude and accusatory. My experience matches what many others have said about him. I wish I had seen these reviews before I purchased the plants. I have since purchased 2 replacement camellias from Wilson Garden center in Georgia and they were shipped in pots, they are beautifully healthy and they have been a superb customer service experience (and the price was less expensive). I highly recommend them. These plants are thriving and gorgeous.
Negative Pepperberry
Wellington, KS
June 15, 2019
I live in zone 6 and ordered a Camellia japonica Ack-Scent from Talbott Nursery and Poultry because their website stated this camellia is hardy in my zone. The plant arrived about a week later and 2 days after I received the shipping notification. I did think it took longer than expected to ship but actual shipping time seemed reasonable. When the plant arrived it looked a bit scraggly but young plants sometimes do so I was willing to overlook this and see how things go. Ok, getting to the point of my negative review. There was an attached tag wrapped up along with my plant, I opened this tag and to my surprise it stated the hardiness of this Camellia is only to zone 8. I contacted Mr. Talbott requesting documentation that indeed the Camellia japonica Ack-Scent is hardy in zone 6 as his website claims. Long story short he did not ever provide me with any documentation but did provide me with a glimpse into his angry aggressive swearing behavior. Needless to say I will not be doing business with this company ever again and I hope in posting this review I save someone else the pain from doing business with him as well.
Negative dmacreed
Florence, AZ
October 25, 2017
As an experienced gardener, I rarely have a problem with plants purchased from nurseries including online ones. Not so with Talbott Nursery. Do not buy from this Nursery unless you want dead plants, no guarantee, and a diminished bank account.
The end result of my $85.35 three Flame Bougainvillea 1-gallon size order, is one rather spindly plant in my backyard, surviving, I hope.
The order even said that I was sent one 3-gallon and two 2-gallon; however, the 2-gallon ones had no roots which meant they never did show any sign of life, even though all directions were followed as to soaking overnight, planting in a pot for three weeks, etc.
My query as to what to do was met with the response from Talbotts that "sometimes plants just die for no reason," with no attention paid to my complaint that there was no root system on two of the plants.
I was offered two plants at half off and would have to pay shipping. Of course I declined the offer having gone to the local nursery and purchased two 2-gallon Flame Bougainvillea with root balls that filled the pots ($11.95 each). They are vigorously growing while the one surviving Talbott plant is limping along.
I should have paid more attention to previous negative reviews.

Positive JOHNFREEMAN
Seven Lakes, NC
May 26, 2017
Purchased muscadine vines.arrived in 48 hours priority mail exceptionally well packaged.plants appear vigorous and well grown for 1 year plants,have excellent root growth.Instructions included in package are excellent.before ordering my conversations with Talbott were informative and covered exactly how he packs and ships and details about the plants with good advice about the varieties.I plan to purchase more from this company as better service than I have received from certain other nurseries that appear to have higher ratings but plants and service from them appeared no better or worse than what I received from Talbott.A+!
Negative Medicineman1952
April 11, 2017
OMG
Do not deal with this guy.
He knows everything and you know nothing. He cares nothing about how you feel or your customer experience.
I sent him an email which I thought was nice and reaching out to him in what I would call a civil and friendly manner.
I wasn't happy about the tree I ordered. I expressed how I felt in what I thought might help his future mailings of plants based on my experience with several other excellent nurseries.
Boy was that a mistake. Let's just say this teacher went nuclear on me. Very angry and chastising.
Knows it all, has nothing to learn and you the customer are stupid, ignorant and on and on.
Quite frankly he assumed I didn't follow instructions, threw the package in the garbage and so on and so forth. Really quite unprofessional and just an angry condescending man.
Wow! Do yourself a favor and stay away.
Negative elliewinslow
Myrtle Point, OR
April 5, 2017
Sent me a diseased citrus tree (frost hardy) then said it looked like frost damage so not his problem. All dealings were creepy. Ultra negative and was a very expensive lesson.
Negative MMKP
Hinesburg, VT
September 30, 2016
I ordered a Bougainvillea bare root "plug" which arrived to me appearing completely dead: all brown with NO green on it. I figured it was "dormant" because they described it as a "bare root". I followed their instruction sheet to the smallest detail. This plant was DOA - DEAD ON ARRIVAL; I know this is true, because I ordered another one, which arrived with some green growth on it and that appears to be growing fine. BOTH plants are in the same pot, same soil, with same nutrients. I contacted this company and they HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE on the dead plant they shipped to me. Furthermore, they insinuated I did not follow the instructions after I told them INDEED I had - AND to the smallest detail. They sent me a dead plant and they will not supply a live one. My caution to buyers: BAD business.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]