The scoop on 'Valley Hatchery'

Valley Hatchery

Brookfield , Ohio 44403
(United States)

Phone: 1-855-295-8366
Fax: 1-855-295-8366
Paper Catalog Cost: 0.00

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive teresa1264
Tonopah, AZ
June 28, 2016
Somehow my phone number was given on a chick order that ended up in Boonsville NY. I got a call from the post office in Boonesville NY stating my chicks were there. I do have three orders out but all for fall because I live in hell aka desert Az. I got very upset and asked the post office what hatchery was involved. They replied Valley Hatchery. I had no orders from Valley Hatchery. Must admit I had never heard of them. Well, I contacted them. They seemed genuinely concerned about the chicks BIG plus, IMHO.... Lo and behold... Two weeks later, I get a call from MY post office telling me my chicks are there ... From Valley Hatchery.... Again I had NOT ordered from them... Must say... I sure will in the future... Nicest looking chicks I have seen in years from a hatchery!! Easter Eggers, Salmon Favorelles,and BLRW.... Roos marked:) ( I love these chicks. Healthy, calm.... It has been a week and they are all very well!!! I am guessing this was a thank you for letting them know about the order... Sorry to be so long winded... So let's see, a hatchery that doesn't kill male chicks... Yeah! A hatchery that cares about the well being of it's chicks when an error that they were clearly NOT responsible for, is made... Yeah... A hatchery with awesome looking healthy chicks..:: Yeah!!! Never ordered from these folks before BUT sure will in the future!!!!
Positive wildcherryhill
Clinton, KY
March 20, 2015
We have ordered from hatcheries before and had both good and bad experiences. Valley is far and away the best company we have ordered from in customer service and our chicks are healthy and very high quality and true to breed. I give valley an A+ and all our future orders will be with them!
Positive cowcreekgeek
Hurricane, WV (Zone 6b)
October 11, 2013
First? lemme start by sayin' I'm new to the DG forums, but not to some folks that read 'em; I'm that same cowcreekgeek, from my own domains, BYC, and so on. Sorry for not updating, but my eyes got worse and the weather got better ... anyhow:
Sorta shocked that nobody's reviewed Valley Hatchery yet, but then again, I've only recently found 'em myself. I'd grown frustrated w/ MMcM, as they'd call/email about selections that they couldn't provide, or even so much as discuss when I responded. So, I googled, and found these good people.

My first order snuck in under the radar, in that they'd not yet updated their Website, so they explained why it couldn't be processed as entered. You can learn far more about a company when things go wrong, than you ever will when all goes well, and they simply shined: They made it right, and fast. And, as you can see? I'm a man of far too many words ... they never failed to be patient, and tolerant, of me 'n my problem.

My second order? Well, it went almost too perfectly to learn quite so much. Except that they take what they do very seriously, and most personally ... and, you oughta see the birds they sent me: Not just beautiful 'cause they're cute, but because they're true to the breed, and genetically superior to most any examples I've seen.

And, they sent one too many, so I'd thought -- was just gonna email them, and PayPal an additional 1/16th of my total, only to receive yet another call from them about my birds -- they were checking to make certain that they had arrived, and that all was well (they had, and all still are ~'-)

Which reminds me ... this was a tricky time to be sending birds, but they've got somebody that checks the routing/weather/etc., and expertly prepares orders based upon each individual circumstance. I saved the box.

Turns out the miscount was intentional ... one extra, for free.

I'd ordered these to fill the other side of a brooder, but I had to build an extra one today just to handle unexpectedly high hatch/survival rates. And, despite having one last incubator still running? I wish I had order every single chick they had left.

[email protected] / cowcreekgeek ~'-)