The scoop on 'Shady Acre Perennials'

Shady Acre Perennials

83552 270th Street
Hollandale, Minnesota 56045 (United States)

Comments:

Positive ncbill
West Jefferson, NC
October 13, 2017
I first found this vendor on eBay, the same as the previous reviewer. I was really impressed with his selection. I wrote to ask some questions, and after receiving a very thoughtful response, I not only wanted to buy plants from Mike because he had such a great selection and spoke so confidently about the quality of his merchandise...but also because I want to support businesses that are based on dedication to having and selling the best.

I've placed several orders with Shady Acre Perennials. The list of hosta varieties available are mostly the same on eBay and on his independent online store, but the prices are a bit lower on hostas-store.com because he doesn't have to pay eBay's commissions.

The plants I received in several orders from Mike are the best I have ever gotten from anywhere. Large and healthy plants, beautifully packed. I ordered late in the season, but the plants transplanted beautifully and easily into my gardens, and it appears they will take off running next season. Packing was truly superior, and most of the hostas had very nice color markers.

Mike's hostas are priced higher than I usually pay...but they are far, far superior to what I usually get from other vendors. I think almost every plant I received from Shady Acre could have been divided right away...it's like receiving a double or even triple order of small plants from any number of other vendors.

Very, very impressed.
Will definitely return again and again.

Most highly recommended.
Positive Cearbhaill
Russell, KY (Zone 6b)
April 14, 2016
I am a repeat customer of Shady Acres Perennials, aka old-cartoon-comics on ebay, first order of Hosta in 2012 and another this week.
Well- I am impressed. I had 30 pots ready for 30 tiny little starter plants, and everything I received was far too large to pot up- they are going in the ground today. Long, thick, healthy roots and multiple eyes on nearly everything. Such a great deal and a really nice selection, and everything was packed so carefully and with tags affixed so that they stayed on. What a pleasure- we all know what it feels like to open a box of plants and be disappointed, but with these guys opening up was a true delight. I can't wait to get all these in the ground so I can order more!
Positive Aken76
East Hartford, CT
October 24, 2014
I have had all great experiences with this company. I have placed several orders with them for a variety of Hostas. Every Hosta I've received has been very healthy, in excellent condition, carefully packaged and promptly shipped. The prices are great and they will ship multiple Hostas for one flat shipping rate. It is obvious that a great deal of care is taken, from growing the Hostas to shipping them out. I will continue to buy from this company and would definitely recommend them!

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]