The scoop on 'Specialty Ornamentals'

Specialty Ornamentals

3650 Colham Ferry Rd
Watkinsville, Georgia 30677 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook
This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive trackinsand
mid central, FL (Zone 9a)
April 30, 2015
finally found a Cupressus lusitanica online!
shipping was fast and the tree looks healthy. a lot of soil was out of the pot. it would have helped to pack the pot with shredded, wet newspaper as some shippers do but all in all a good experience.
i hope it lives. i haven't found too much info online for this tree.
Positive scmatlanta
Athens, GA
July 21, 2013
Always a delight to visit, Specialty Ornamentals sells an eclectic range of conifers, other shrubs and trees - especially Japanese Maples, some interesting perennials and whatever Flo knows will thrive in our weird and challenging conditions here in the Southeast. Her plants are raised tough and have always done well for us. Can recommend wholeheartedly.
Positive rjwoodward
Between, GA
July 15, 2013
By far my favorite plant source. Every visit is educational as well as inspirational. Hard to limit my purchases with such a great and unique plant selection.
Positive leaflady2
Wake Forest, NC
July 14, 2013
I have purchased a number of plants from Specialty Ornamentals
over the last few years and have always been more than satisfied with the quality of the material. Flo Chaffin is a great source for unusual plants.
Positive coniferzone8
Midway-Hardwick, GA
July 14, 2013
I have purchased numerous zone 8 conifers from Specialty Ornamentals and have been happy with the results. They are extremely knowledgeable and glad to pass along that knowledge about growing conifers and other unusual plants in the hot south. A great source of unusual plants, and from very good people.
Positive eibrab
Milledgeville, GA (Zone 8a)
July 13, 2013
I've been buying from Specialty Ornamentals for years - Japanese Maples, Cercis ('Floating Cloud' is unbelievable), hydrangeas, viburnums as well as a wonderful selection of conifers that are particularly well suited for Zone 8A. I'm a Farfugium nut and started my collection with a beautiful specimen from Specialty Ornamentals. Knowledgeable, personable and as honest as the day is long. You won't be disappointed.
Positive Populusriver
(Zone 7b)
July 13, 2013
Very nice nursery, lots of very unique and hard to find plants. Good communication also. I would highly recommend ordering from Specialty Ornamentals.
Positive robaugu
Henrico, VA
July 13, 2013
Not very many other places in the country where you can get a Popcorn Doublefile Viburnum. Staff loves what they do and are very nice.
Positive Baileyrlba
Athens, GA
July 13, 2013
I have enjoyed buying plants and getting advice from them for four years with never a disappointment. I have a collection of 99 Japanese maples with 86 individual cultivars. Nearly half are from SPeciality Ornamentals. Most of my hydrangeas are from them as well. Their prices are reasonable and the plants healthy with roots well filling the pot.
Positive brianaucuba
PEQUEA, PA (Zone 6b)
July 13, 2013
After a couple years of unsuccessfully trying to obtain Cercis canadensis 'Alley Cat' from other sources (sold out or horribly expensive) I was able to get a nice-sized, reasonably-priced plant from Specialty Ornamentals. The plant was packed very well with a lot of attention to my small order. I am glad I found their website and plan to order again.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]