The scoop on 'Sandhill Farms'

Sandhill Farms

1778 N. 6250 E.
Eden, Utah 84310 (United States)

This company offers a variety of bulbs.

Comments:

Positive deforestliz
Sandy, UT
November 28, 2015
Posted on October 10, 2014, updated November 28, 2015
I live in Utah and was searching for a local seed garlic source. When I found these guys online I made contact and decided to visit the farm. Yesterday I volunteered a bit planting so I could learn how to plant my own hands-on and not take the time to go to the classes Pete teaches. The farm is up in the mountains in a beautiful pristine setting. The care Pete takes with sorting and keeping virus free garlic is extensive. Any garlic which shows any sign or hint of trouble is culled. Before planting the garlic is graded 3 times to ensure that only the best is grown. First they choose the largest heads, then they choose the largest cloves and later they resort the cloves before planting for the most vigorous and perfect. The garlic is treated with organic fertilizer and soil inoculant. The soil there is rich and black. The climate zone is colder than mine and I am confident that this garlic will thrive in my garden. The heirloom Armenian garlic had an incredibly complex flavor not found in standard varieties and I am very excited to grow some. This seed garlic is a must for people who like unusual varieties and who grow in harsh climates. In less harsh climates the vigor will be all the greater.
On November 28th, 2015, deforestliz added the following:

Thought I would give an update. The garlic thrived and I have big beautiful heads where I planted cloves. I planted it in a mulched bed near my fruit trees.
Positive kitchengarden
Beltsville, MD
October 18, 2013
I ordered 'Music' and 'Rosewood' porcelain garlic cultivars and received my order in two business days. All of the garlic heads were heavy, solid, and in great condition. The prices and shipping & handling costs were competitive.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]