107 Maplewood Knoll Drive
East Flat Rock, North Carolina 28726 (United States)
(828) 551-6739

Reviews:

Displaying the 47 most recent reviews

On Apr 17, 2021, AnjelecaG (1 reviews) from Albuquerque, NM

I ordered four maples only two arrived. There was no shipping label or invoice in the box but the shipping-email indicated that all four were sent together. At first, I thought the second box with the other two maples would arrive later on another Fed Ex truck. But it's five days later, and nothing. I've also called and written Matt and Tim five times. I have not received a call or an email back indicating if there is another box on the way or what. I examined the Fed Ex box and it didn't indicate 1 of 2. I'm very upset and I feel that they have ripped me off, basically only sending half of what I paid for. If I don't get a response next week I'm likely going to call my credit card company and explain what happened. Not happy at all. The two trees I do have look fine. But after reading some of the reviews I'm going to check how they were packed and what their roots look like. I've lost faith.

On Apr 13, 2021, aedrinark (1 reviews) from Oden, AR

I ordered three Japanese maples. They had obviously been very recently transplanted and were most definitely not well established. Potting soil loose and root systems inadequate. I babied them as well as I know how, but not one has leafed out this spring although my three new Bloodgoods (from a different nursery) have leafed and are doing just fine. I will never order from these folks again.

On Feb 17, 2021, VA_GARDEN (31 reviews) from Hood, VA (Zone 7a)

I vacillated between a positive and neutral rating, but based on the size of the plants I received for the price, positive won out. The shipping, however, could have used more attention. Ordered two variegated Rohdeas, which are always expensive and difficult to find. When I opened the box potting mix was everywhere. It really didn't appear that the plants had ever been rooted in the pots of soil they were shipped in. The roots were completely exposed on one plant, and mostly exposed on the other, both were sort of limp and sad. I potted them up immediately, watered well, and by the next day they had recovered beautifully; had they spent more than one day in transit I'm not sure this would have been the case. Despite my initial dismay I am pleased with the Rohdeas; they are easily twice the size that I expected for the price and a week later they still look great, so I am fairly certain they are going to do well and will be a nice addition to my Rohdea collection. Two dwarf hollies in the same order arrived in a separate box, and they were well packaged and healthy.

On Dec 4, 2020, brianaucuba (21 reviews) from PEQUEA, PA (Zone 6b)

I ordered three maples, a sweetgum, and four Rohdeas. It was late in the season for me but they had a good sale and I can still plant here in zone 6b/7a. Shipping was quick. Plants were expertly packed and arrived in great shape. The Rohdeas were large, full plants. As a first time customer I am very happy with my order.

On Nov 30, 2020, MarksShadySpot (1 reviews) from Richmond, IL

Ordered three trees in 1 gal. pots. Plants arrived today via FedEx Ground, less than a week since I placed the order. Plants appear healthy and were carefully packaged. Not a twig was broken. Plants are small of course, but are just as described. I plan to hold them in my unheated garage until Spring.

On Sep 12, 2020, CJsGardenConsul (1 reviews) from Okatie, SC

I ordered 2 one gallon Japanese Maples in August 2020. They were promptly shipped. When I unpacked the maples I was surprised that the soil was fairly loose and quite a bit came out of the pot, but I attributed it to rattling during shipment. When I transplanted the Maples, it became apparent that both Maples had probably just been transplanted to the 1 gallon container before shipment. One of the root system was actually still in the small square configuration from the previous pot size. The other wasn't square, but was about the same size and sitting in loose soil. I emailed Mr Maple three times over the course of 2 weeks and no response. It seems they do this on a regular basis. I should have read all reviews.

On Aug 3, 2020, JamieCQB (2 reviews) from Bartlett, IL

August 2020: Purchased 3 trees from 3 different shippers two months ago. Mr. Maple was by far the best in Shipping container, tree quality, and size. They earned a second order from me (4 more trees) and it arrived perfectly.

On Jul 20, 2020, MJAcer (1 reviews) from White Center, WA

Ordered a variety of maples and other small trees. Overall, they have a great selection online, but a number of the maples arrived with leaf die-back and fungus. My greater issue is that the business will ignore any complaints emailed to them. In one of my orders, a japanese maple was left out. I emailed twice to inform them of the missing tree and both emails were ignored. I'm also weary to bring the Mr.Maple trees close to my existing Acer collection this season for fear of disease transmission.

On Jul 7, 2020, Gdawgg (1 reviews) from Granite Falls, NC

Ordered two maple trees from Mr. Maple, which arrived in April. One survived and the other did not. Have attempted to contact them by both email and phone since May. They do not answer in either form. I cannot recommend them at all. Zero customer service. Buy at your own risk.

On Jun 9, 2020, tlwilcox (1 reviews) from Brockport, NY

During the Winter/early Spring of 2020, I ordered around 20 plants from Mr. Maple, 3 of which did not even survive to be planted out. One conifer just got more and more brown in color as Spring approached, until there was no doubt that it was dead. One Maple started to leaf out and then died. One Beech just never leafed out at all. I have sent numerous emails. I began by sending a couple of inquiries and never received a reply. I then wrote with specific info and photos of the dead trees. It seems to me that if one has purchased so much merchandise from a company, that company would be gracious enough to reply and offer at least some compensation or credit. Sadly, I will not be purchasing any more plants from this nursery.

On May 30, 2020, Regalo (2 reviews) from Friendswood, TX

Posted on May 22, 2020, updated May 30, 2020 I ordered three Japanese Maples from this company during the Covid19 shutdown. The box arrived fairly promptly but when I opened it branches of the largest fell out as it had not been properly secured. The other two looked a little crushed but okay. However, one never did perk up and after planting it slowly died. The other two thrived, but the shape of the larger weeping one was ruined by having been broken in transit. I emailed and sent photos but got no reply. I phoned several times using the numbers on the site, but the phone was never answered and the mailboxes were full. The only reply I got from them was a “butt dial” after I called at opening time where I could hear the person directing movement of trees but not calling me.

On May 30th, 2020, Regalo changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following: I am changing this review to positive because after reviewing my emails etc, Mr Maple emailed me. They explained the difficulty they had with being overwhelmed during this period and having to train new staff. They took responsibility for the packing and very promptly replaced the Twombley that died with a very sturdy and handsome specimen and also not only replaced the Crimson Queen that had lived but now had a big hole in its weeping branches, but also took the time to explain when and how to prune it to minimize the damage and encourage it to grow properly over time. I appreciate that this pandemic has been a difficult time for overwhelmed nurseries and with this level of response I will continue using them and encouraging others to.

On Nov 11, 2019, tmdono (3 reviews) from Huntington, NY (Zone 7a)

I ordered a Stewartia variety advertised and sold as a 1 gal container sized tree. When the plant arrived I was surprised at the size of the pot, then researched the web and learned that in the nursery business a 1 gal container is actually approximately 2/3 of an everyday gallon. Ok, I can live with that - a learning experience. But when I removed the plant from its container, the soil fell away, leaving a bareroot plant that had CLEARLY been recently repotted into an oversized container. I emailed the owners to express my dissatisfaction and did not even get the courtesy of a reply. I've had this experience with one other nursery mail order company that I no longer buy from, and have been buying mail order plants for about 40 years, including bareroot as well as b&b, and container grown plants. I know some of the other comments point out how well these are packed - but I am paying for the plant too, not just the packaging.

On Sep 27, 2019, LoveBrug (10 reviews) from Greenback, TN (Zone 7a)

I’m on my third order from this nursery and each order arrived packed extremely well in a very timely manner. All plants are healthy and well grown . Finding myself gardening in zone 7a after decades of 10 and 9 I had to find a new interest and dwarf conifers fit the bill this company has been a great source for them .

On Sep 24, 2019, makrn (1 reviews) from Bolingbrook, IL

Posted on September 17, 2019, updated September 24, 2019 I ordered 3 maples last spring.1 is thriving, 2 died within a month of planting. They were gallon plants, but had very small root development. I tried for weeks to get hold of them for replacement. Finally, one of the Nichols called me back in July, and said they wouldn’t have replacements til September. I offered to have them substitute similar plants, but he wouldn’t. So now it’s September and I haven’t heard a word from them after multiple attempts to email and call. The emails get kicked back, and their phone mailboxes are “full”,so you can’t leave a message and get cut off. No return/ replacement/ guarantee is listed on their website. I’m out $70. Very poor service. Buyer beware! Worst experience with mail order ever. They should stand by their products.

On September 24th, 2019, makrn added the following: Addendum to my previous comments: After multiple attempts to contact MrMaple by phone and email( continued after the previous comments) I finally got through to one of the brothers. I explained my situation (above) and he said they did not have a replacement policy( buyer beware) and do not do this, but he would consult with his brother (who promised me replacement trees). He called back and said he would be sending my trees. I got 2 large( MUCH larger, healthy plants in the mail yesterday). However, this company has to decide whether to stand behind their products and have a replacement/return policy or explain why they do not on their website. Thank you

On Sep 21, 2019, treeguy_NY (19 reviews) from Clarence, NY (Zone 6a)

This was my first purchase from MrMaple, a Styrax japonicus 'Emerald Pagoda'. I placed the order through their website. I received an email order confirmation, an email shipping notice with tracking number, and then an email notice that my plant was delivered. The plant was well packed and what I felt was an appropriate size for the listed size and price on their website. No complaints here, and I will likely order from them again.

On Sep 13, 2019, sd915 (9 reviews) from York, SC (Zone 8a)

Ordered 3 maples which arrived well-packed and in great shape. I'll definitely order again.

On Sep 11, 2019, Sam81 (1 reviews) from Peoria, IL

I originally wanted to make an order from the company but I have not been successful contacting them by phone or email. I sent an email with questions 9 days ago and have not received a response. I have tried calling the two numbers, listed on their website, and have never received an answer or a call back in response to my message. I’m now planning on taking my business elsewhere due to their seemingly nonexistent customer service.

On May 23, 2019, CooDeeFoo (15 reviews) from Central, SC

Terrific- 5 star plants! I can't believe how beautiful the trees are that I received from Mr. Maple. Their packing techniques are amazing. The plants are well branched and healthy. The grafts are precise and well-protected on the younger plants. I have never had better value for my money. I have told all my gardening friends and showed them the plants I got from Mr. Maple. Don't hesitate to order if you want something; the most unique varieties sell out fast!

On Apr 10, 2019, hlh555 (2 reviews) from Durham, NC

Before you buy a Japanese maple, be sure to check out the huge variety of trees at MrMaple. They have some of the most unusual and beautiful trees I have seen and these are my favorites so I have seen a lot! I have ordered from them and the trees are always well packed, healthy and ready to plant in the landscape. This spring my trees were beautiful and I know they will only get better as they continue to grow. I highly recommend this company. The owners are knowledgeable and ready to assist with any question. You can't go wrong with a tree from Mr. Maple.

On Jan 9, 2019, dgrhosta (7 reviews) from Marietta, GA

I never ever like to complain about ones service and mail order because there are so many folks out there that just want something for nothing  So today I received my order of Ryusen and Beni kawa trees that were ordered not to long ago  When I walked out to my porch and saw this huge box I was in wonder because of an E mail that stated that I would get the trees on the 9th My issue with these trees is that they were the VERY BEST PACKING OF ANY TREE OR plant I have EVER received and the condition of the trees was better than if I had gotten them from my nursery down the road. The trees that I received were where my issue is and my comment on these absolute and completely satisfied I am as to not only the condition but the size of the trees  I could not be more pleased with the complete and entire transaction and look fwd to doing more business with your company  I received an order or the Bihou from another mail order because you were sold out on that variety. This company claimed that the tree was a 3 yr old graft and when I got it it was completely scattered throut a box and no dirt on the roots and to make matters worse the tree was not even labled and the PITIFULLY small limbs were the color of a blood good maple and VERY DISSATISFIED TO SAY THE LEAST  Needless to say I was not a happy camper  It is refreshing to now have a company and a maple expert that is dependable and honest along with insight and info on how to care for these trees to ensure the true success of these trees. Thank you for your service response and even you quick answered to my access to your sight at 8 o clock at nite one evening  I have pictured your trees upon delivery and upon opening these trees that I am truly impressed grateful AND EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH MY ORDER AND THAT I NOW HAVE A MAIL ORDER THAT IS ABOVE ANY OTHER MAIL ORDER COMPANY I HAVE ORDERED FROM. THANK YOU

On Oct 31, 2018, Satindoll17 (1 reviews) from Middlesex, NC

I was so excited about finding this website/company and already referred them to my landscaper. Spoke with Tim twice in the last month. He never mentioned nor is it on the website that the week of 10/22/18 trees would not be mailed due to an event. I ordered trees on 10/19 expecting they would ship 10/22. Received an email saying they would ship 10/29. That was the day I had landscapers scheduled to plan those trees as well as other items. Had to reschedule landscaping and trying to keep trees that arrived from another company alive. Trees arrived 10/31/18. The Maple is about 2 ft tall and looks dead; the Ginko is less than 12" tall. I have ordered other gallon trees and there is a marked difference in the size of the pots between the two companies. Disappointed in the service and my order. Hope the trees will live through the winter and survive.

On Sep 29, 2018, sdtraylor (1 reviews) from Asheville, NC

My husband and I are fortunate enough to live 40 minutes away and we have learned so much from Tim! Beautiful, unique, healthy trees that we know will bring us joy as we watch them grow on our landscape. The bark of the Swamp Thing (Metasequoia) is stunning! MrMaple provides us with Japanese Maple and Culture experts ... Their respect for the tree's lineage is evident and learning the 'story' behind the cultivar is also fun!

On Sep 17, 2018, queenholly (2 reviews) from Warsaw, IN

Posted on September 13, 2018, updated September 17, 2018 I purchased a one gallon size 'Diane' Witch Hazel. While the plant I received seemed healthy enough, it was just a small stick of a seedling that had obviously not been grown in the one gallon container, but potted up from a smaller sized container. The gallon planter was filled about 3/4 full of potting soil with a tiny little root system sitting at the top quarter, the roots not anchored at all. I've got greenhouse experience, and have potted up enough seedlings and cuttings to recognize this was freshly potted up, and had not been given any time to establish in the new container. Despite being a relatively rare, hard to source plant, the price for what I got can't be justified.

On September 17th, 2018, queenholly changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following: So, I've got to back pedal here, and update my rating to a positive. Despite not having a published replacement policy, these guys will make things right, if there's a real problem with the tree you receive. They are sending me a replacement. It turns out the tree I received had been potted up in January, nine months ago, and for whatever reason, the root system had failed to thrive.

On Aug 14, 2018, Thirdstone (1 reviews) from Asheville, NC

As the owner of a garden design/build operation in Asheville, I am incredibly lucky to be so near Mr. Maple (AKA Nichol's Nursery). Matt and Tim are super knowledgeable and helpful, and they obviously love what they do. Their plants show it -- I have bought too many plants from them to count, and they have all been of the highest quality, and with perfect root balls (never root-bound!). Their selection of maples is absolutely dizzying, but they have many other hard-to find plants as well, from stewartia to thujopsis, and more varieties of ginko than I ever knew existed. I highly recommend a trip to their nursery if you're anywhere near the area, or ordering online from them if you're not.

On Aug 8, 2018, myke1 (1 reviews) from Decatur, AL

Purchased a 3 gal stewartia monadelpha orange bark. The tree was 5' ft tall + and a nice looking tree for the tree size, shipping was fast and tree was packed well. I will order from them again. They have some rare type tree's that are hard to find and also lot's of rare maples that are hard to find,I was very satisfied with my tree that was ordered . I want to thank them again for their time, fast shipping and the nice size tree I received.....

On Apr 29, 2018, markens (1 reviews) from Monument, CO

Fantastic maples. Very knowledgeable. Great communication. Maples received in great shape and looking very healthy. Packed very securely. I have found a place to support my hobby of growing hard to find maples. Looking forward to seeing how Acer Skutchii and Acer grandidentatum 'Hipazam' / Highland Park do in Colorado at 7,500 feet.

On Apr 6, 2018, b_scroggins (1 reviews) from Raleigh, NC

My personal experience has been excellent with this site. Matt and Tim are always available for messaging in the case of questions or concerns. I found Facebook to be the fastest way to reach them. The products I have ordered always arrived quickly, in good condition and have performed. The site is easy to use. I have ordered many 3 gallon and 1 gallon sizes. The sizes have been exactly what I have expected for a Japanese Maple sold as a 1 or 3 gallon plant. They have been comparable to any garden center I have visited as far as sizing goes. Considering a 1 gallon tree is typically a rather tiny tree, I’d recommend a 3 gallon size if more “instant gratification” is desired. Will definitely order again.

On Mar 31, 2018, Shady_Steve (1 reviews) from Baltimore County, MD (Zone 6b)

I ordered a "gallon" sized maple from these guys. When I took it out of the pot, it had a root ball the size of an orange. One has to wonder what these plant sizes even mean. I didn't think I was ordering a gallon of dirt.

On Jun 15, 2017, annewilliams (1 reviews) from Pulaski, GA

Received my order today. Fast friendly service. Trees arrived in excellent shape. Ordering was easy. It is a pleasure to buy from Mr. Maple. And if you haven't visited their greenhouses, I suggest you make the trip to Flatrock, NC. My only problem is narrowing down selections to a reasonable amount for the landscape!

On May 29, 2017, NCMstGardener (4 reviews) from Columbus, NC (Zone 7b)

Posted on October 28, 2013, updated May 29, 2017 We are close enough that we can visit the nursery. Recently NC State professor Brice Lane featured it on his PBS show " In the Garden." After seeing the show we had to made a visit. We bought four trees (one very rare) and they were in great shape. When they say 1000 cultivars they mean it. It is simply overwhelming to see so many different maples. We found that Matt and Tim don't (can't) list all of their stock on their web site. Ask if you want something special. I think your odds are good that they will have it.

On May 29th, 2017, NCMstGardener added the following: MrMaple held their third Maple Festival this Memorial Day and it was awesome. Beautiful and unique plants where ever you looked. Several attending talked about having two dozen or more Japanese Maples. One said his collection was nearing a hundred.While most were from NC and joining states, I spoke to one man who had come from Louisiana. We bought three more Maples and a rare dwarf Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Schirrmann's Nordlicht'. These brothers are considered world wide experts in what they do. Tim and Matt told us that a Japanese TV Network invited them to do a half hour show -- half filmed in NC and half in Japan. If you get the chance go to the Nursery!

On Apr 6, 2017, nwlivingston1 (1 reviews) from Seven Oaks, SC

I have bought over 30 Japanese Maples from Matt and Tim over the years and have found the plants to be of excellent quality. I am always astounded by their knowledge and their memory. I mentioned to them I was looking for a particular maple and a year later, they had found it and surprised me with it at the same plant festival. The passion and knowledge they bring to the selection and purchase experience is always first rate!

On May 18, 2016, Reids (1 reviews) from Clover, SC

I have purchased from Nichol's Nursery/Mr Maple for more than six years. I thank Tim and Matt for all they do for me in providing information about their trees, bushes, and plants. I have lost only one tree and they worked with me to make sure of success in planting after purchasing fifty plus trees. I highly recommend Nichol's Nursery. They are helpful and knowledgeable about trees and plants and provide great customer service and excellent plants.

On May 18, 2016, AcerCrazy (1 reviews) from Hoschton, GA

Just visited Mr Maple over the mothers day weekend to get mom a nice Japanese maple and of course myself a few. I am an avid maple collector with over 250 cultivars and the selection, quality, and service from the Mr Maple guys is the best bar none. I have visited nurseries and ordered mail order from pretty much every maple specialty nursery and Mr Maple has opened up the world maple cultivars never very accessible to us collectors. I got Mom a beautiful new cultivar 'Moonrise' which was pure gorgeousness! Yellow leaves with new growth showing a nice reddish pink on top. Of course felling the need to add to my collection I grabbed a few rarer cultivars. 3 g Verkades Jacus Potus 3 g Hazeroino 3 g Yamato Hagoromo 3 g A.b. Michael Steinhardt 3 g A.b. Hana chiru sato 3 g A sh. Moonrise All gorgeous 3 gal 4+ ft tall. Very healthy and great prices!!! The best place for all your specialty maple needs!!! Some of the most knowledgeable nurserymen in the maple industry great helping new gardeners or the most seasoned collectors! Its a great felling knowing they are only a couple hours drive away! Always look forward to their Memorial Day Open House!

On May 18, 2016, directorrod (12 reviews) from Rockton, IL

Posted on January 3, 2014, updated May 18, 2016 Posted on October 24, 2013, updated January 3, 2014 I have made numerous purchases from Mr. Maple and all of my experiences have been exceedingly positive. The quality of all the Japanese maples I've received from them has been excellent no matter the size I've ordered but like my most recent purchases, beautiful 3 gallon Muro gawa and Nicholsonii, I strongly recommend that 3 gallon size as it is an excellent value. The packing of the trees is terrific, and if there were any questions concerning the cultivar or shipment the communication was great. Buy with confidence!

On January 3rd, 2014, directorrod added the following: I have found Tim Nichols, (828) 551-6739, to be exceedingly helpful in getting hard to find cultivars, even ones not listed on his own MrMaple.com website. I've received several shipments from him since my last posting and all the trees I've gotten from him have been great!
On May 18th, 2016, directorrod added the following: I am a longtime satisfied Mr. Maple customer. This month alone I received 4 trees from the nursery, all of them beauties. My most recent purchases were 3 gallon size Acer palmatum 'Narou', Acer palmatum 'Kawahara no midori', Acer palmatum 'Isobel', and Acer buergerianum 'Michael Steinhardt'. The Nichols brothers have a passion for Japanese maples and for getting trees to their customers that will thrive and create pleasure for years to come. Their business is a labor of love.

On May 17, 2016, DAUBERDOG (1 reviews) from Wheeling, WV

Bought a beautiful GoldenTrident Maple called Michael Steinhardt. Within few days leaves started to shrivel up and drop off. Called Tim at Mr Maple and he immediately said he would replace it at no cost following week. All I had to do was to send other tree back at their cost. Later he told me to keep the other tree and baby it so to speak. He replacement tree arrived in beautiful condition and looks very healthy. The other tree is making slow comeback. I couldn't be more pleased with their service treatment. I have been buying trees from them for about two years now. Trees arrive always in good condition. Would highly recommend these guys. They know their Maples Sincerely Rick Crow

On May 17, 2016, eneref (3 reviews) from Marietta, GA

The Nichols brothers (Matt and Tim) sure know their maples. And what they sell and work with has always been top rate. I've several maples from them in the garden that I've gotten over the years. Just received a new rare one I'd been eyeing (Yamato Hagoromo). Gorgeous, large three gallon specimen that now had a prominent place in the garden. They're always helpful, easy to work with, and great to just chat with about plants. Top of their field. I would never hesitate to order from them.

On May 17, 2016, HelenYoest (1 reviews) from Raleigh, NC

I've worked with MrMaple.com for about 5 years now. Most often, I make the drive to East Flat Rock b/c I'm usually picking up several, and I like to hear the boys suggest others new to me. Recently, I had a rare three-gallon rare maple shipped to me for a client. I was so impressed with the packaging. Not only did it arrive in perfect condition, MrMaple look ahead at my weather and noticed we were having a unseasonable frost as asked if I wanted it held until we were finally frost free! Excellent customer service. Excellent knowledge of plants, and maples, in particular. I will buy from MrMaple again and again. Helen

On May 17, 2016, MapleAddict (1 reviews) from San Leandro, CA

Great place to find rare and hard to find maples. I recently purchased a Michael Steinhardt trident maple from them and was extremely happy with the size and quality of the tree. As far as I know they are the only online source that carries this beautiful cultivar. First thing that impressed me was the shipment packaging. The tree was secure and undamaged upon arrival and it was very easy to open the box and take the tree out, no excessive taping or fastening. I've had it now for almost 2 months and it's thriving in my garden. I've been collecting maples for over ten years now. I have purchased from many different sources (online and local nurseries) and must say that Matt and Tim at Mr. Maple are, by far, two of the most knowledgeable and passionate maple enthusiasts I've come across in that time. They're always quick to answer questions and they're very friendly. Five star customer support and quality trees are what you will get when dealing with Mr. Maple!

On May 17, 2016, ellerbegirl (1 reviews) from Rockingham, NC

I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with Mr. Maple.com. I have ordered several maples and each time, the trees came within a few days. I am especially impressed with the way they package the trees for shipment. The trees looked great and have all done well. MrMaple.com is my first choice for Japanese Maples and I will be ordering again soon!

On May 17, 2016, 102GROUP (1 reviews) from Avondale Estates, GA

I have been shopping with the Nichols brothers for years by mail and in person when I find them on the road. Not only are they a delight to work with, they are also a great source of hard to find maples at very reasonable prices. This is a family run operation and they treat their customers with a lot of respect. As a garden designer and incurable collector, I am always looking for great sources of unique and healthy plant material for my garden and for clients. MrMaple has become one of my favorite places to shop. The trees are always healthy and in great condition, and if I have questions they respond immediately.

On May 17, 2016, Hollywoodcolt23 (1 reviews) from Wilmington, NC

I have bought numerous trees of varying sizes and have never had any problems. Mr. Maple has been very helpful in helping with finding exactly what you are looking for. They are always fast to respond to any questions. I have not had any problems and don't expect any with their service. However if there is a problem I am sure they would make everything right. I look forward to doing business with them in the future.

On May 16, 2016, thequietearth (3 reviews) from Hemby Bridge, NC

I really wanted to leave a positive review but I can't. I bought 2 maples from them a few months ago. One tree never flushed out and the other flushed out, The leaves turned goey and fell off. I have over 20 years experience Growing rare and unusual plants from all over the world so I am not an inexperienced gardener. I have tried contacting them several times and basically been ignored. I was hoping to use them again for the botanical garden but if they won't respond and stand by what they sell I don't think I can. If I'd gotten an answer I would have tried to be objective.

On Apr 26, 2016, terryvirta (1 reviews) from Petoskey, MI

I have had the pleasure of doing business with Mr Maple online and at the nursery in East Flat Rock, NC. Matt and Tim are extremely knowledgeable about their products. In addition they are friendly and extremely passionate about their business. If there were stars I would give them all provided.

On Mar 22, 2016, rdtjr05 (30 reviews) from Franklin, TN

Bought a Chionanthus retusus 'Yadkin Creeper' from them at the Nashville Lawn and Garden show recently. Interesting plant which I had never seen before. Their usual JM's all looked good at their booth. Recommended.

On Mar 22, 2016, tbuff (38 reviews) from Nellysford, VA (Zone 6a)

I cannot say enough good things about this company and its owners. I have been a grower of rare plants for 30+ years and have done business with nurseries across the Unites States. Tim and Matt Nichols are a breath of fresh air in the plant world-two young men with a tremendous passion for what they do and a desire to please. In a world in which rare plant nurseries appear to be a dying breed, this company appears to be in it for the long haul. It takes guts. I have purchased numerous maples and ginkgo's from them and have always been pleased. Their stock is solid. When ordering plants, Tim and Matt have gone out of their way to accommodate. I have been a manager in Corporate America for many years and understand customer service. You will get it from this nursery. Tim and Matt are very professional and courteous. Beyond simply selling plants, they can give you the history behind individual cultivars. For those of us on the East Coast, especially the South and Mid Atlantic, this nursery gives us an advantage because their maple rootstock is well-suited for our climate. There is an interesting story behind this and I would encourage you to ask Tim or Matt, who can explain much better than I.

On Mar 22, 2016, Gardenplant (1 reviews) from College Grove, TN

This company will not stand behind their plants. I bought several trees from this nursery. While most survived one did not. Less than 6 months after spending $85.00 (includes shipping) on a 3 gallon Japanese Maple it died. When I brought this to the attention of the nursey I was told they have no replacement policy. Be very careful purchasing from this nursery, you never know what you are going to get and they will not work with you if there is a problem. I will not be returning as a customer.

On May 1, 2014, kins02 (9 reviews) from Brooklyn, NY

Just purchased a "Japanese Sunrise" Japanese Maple from MrMaple. Bought the 3 gallon size. Shipping was fast and received a beautiful, healthy tree. Excellent price for this tree. The packaging was fantastic. Very pleased and high recommend.

» Read the rest of the reviews