The scoop on 'The Wild Papaya Nursery and Garden Center'

The Wild Papaya Nursery and Garden Center

2597 Hinda Rd
North Palm Beach, Florida 33403 (United States)

Comments:

Positive lovestropicals
Lufkin, TX
April 14, 2015
I have ordered 2 Calidoras and an Abyssinian banana. Very satisfied with purchases. All plants were healthy and generously sized. To my delight, the Calidoras were just as big as those pictured on the website. I will definitely order from them again.
Positive CommanderNSB
New Smyrna Beach, FL
August 20, 2014
I just received two cherry trees (Rio Grande and Grumichama) from Wild Papaya. Since we live within a couple hundred miles, the trees arrived the next day via FedEx and were much larger than expected (both over 40") and quite healthy. I have paid more for seedlings but these were definitely trees. I am quite pleased and will be ordering from Wild papaya again very soon.
Positive atri
cambridge, MA (Zone 5b)
August 6, 2014
Found the service excellent, the plants was very healthy and was full of vigor. They were well cared for and loved the different tropical plants they sell.The shipping was quick and my plants are happy, which makes me happy!
Positive NAlonso99
Miami, FL
July 8, 2014
I ordered two fruit trees and two flowering trees and I am impressed about the quality and size of the plants. I have to say I am not one to review companies but The Wild Papaya exceeded my expectations and has become the nursery to go to for tropical plants especially fruit trees.
Positive jwood31
Washington, UT
June 30, 2014
The Wild Papaya exceeded my expectations. Beatriz was very quick to respond to multiple questions that I had. They went above and beyond to make sure I received my order promptly. I live in a small town in Utah, so the shipping would have taken two days longer if she hadn't reached out to me and FedEx. I was surprised at how large and healthy the plants were when they arrived. I would definitely recommend purchasing through them. They were fantastic!
Positive BrianMS1031
Lewis Center, OH
June 13, 2014
I ordered a Nam Doc Mai 7 gal. mango tree for the first time from The Wild Papaya. Beatriz was very prompt with email communication and answered all of my many questions. While they are a little pricier than some of their competitors in the South Florida region, they are DEFINITELY worth it! I was concerned, not knowing this company's full history and reputation, about paying a lot of money for a product pretty much sight unseen. Once the tree shipped, I got a confirmation email from Paypal with a FedEx tracking number. The tree shipped on a Wednesday evening and arrived Friday late morning. I got the tree today, and it arrived in amazing shape. No yellow leaves, no wilting stems, no broken branches, no visible signs of stress due to shipping. The tree stands at about 5' tall from the very bottom of the pot to the upper canopy. I will be recommending this company to my local plant nursery for wholesale purposes in the future. I would definitely return to this company in the future!
Positive EllensHopeful
Middleburg, FL
June 2, 2014
I ordered 3 mango trees from The Wild Papaya, and as always when ordering from any nursery, I held my breath hoping for the best. WOW!, is all I can say.
FAST & AWESOME over-the-top communication (one on one personal emails telling me when they were shipping then personal emails to followup making sure they arrived in good health - who does THAT these days?? The trees they shipped were better than anything I could have asked for - healthy, big and full.
No, they aren't the cheapest, but their prices are reasonable, the stock seems to be in glowing health and the customer service is above reproach.
I will definitely be ordering from them again any chance I get.
Positive jrpearsonsr
Churchton, MD (Zone 7a)
May 31, 2014
Recently purchased two plants. Shipping was prompt and plants arrived in good condition. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the plants. Will be a repeat customer for sure...
Neutral vunguyen1984
Riverside, CA
May 26, 2014
Order two plants this months for a total of $128 including shipping. Received 4 days later in 3 gallons containers. One plant got damaged during the transit. There are black spots in each new shoots. The other one's leaves are now falling off. With the amount I paid I expected more than this. I emailed them n basically they said that the plants would recover just fine. Yes, but if I bought smaller plants somewhere else for cheaper n the amount of time it takes to grow them would be same as it is for the two damaged big plants to recover. So, what is the point of buying big plants?

Would update about the condition of the two plants
Positive NateBell1
Norwood, OH
May 23, 2014
I ordered a Hawaiian Bell Vine, and it arrived in great shape, and was flowering within a week. The customer service, email response and tracking information was exceptional, and Beatriz supplied plant specific tips for my plant's best health and success.

The price is slightly higher than some online stores, but to counterbalance it, the plants sold are almost always very large, established plants in a 3 gallon pot as what seems to be their "standard" size.

Good company and good service.
Positive 1CaliMang014
May 13, 2014
I ordered from them twice. I purchased a green sapote and a sapodilla. They arrived in great condition. The owner is very helpful and friendly. I would not hesitate to buy again from them.
Positive Tamachi
Los Gatos, CA
May 11, 2014
The transaction ran smoothly. Prompt response and spend time to address all questions I have about the plants. Plant arrived in good shape and big size. Will shop again at the store.
Positive RichardN
Rochester Hills, MI
May 2, 2014
Recently I became interested in growing a tropical fruit tree at my home in Michigan, and, being a novice, was unsure about the company best suited to my needs. Luckily I was informed at my local nursery in Michigan about a Florida company called "The Wild Papaya," and set out to contact them about my wishes.

Well, to say that I was amazed about not only the quality of Barbados Cherry Tree I received from Beatriz at The Wild Papaya, but the service and education I received as to how to guarantee its future success was equally impressive. For anyone, especially those of us with homes in northern climes, wishing to embark on a similar endeavor I could not stress more the wonderful treatment and plants that Beatriz and her staff provides. The prices, too, are more than reasonable for the merchandise received; quite remarkable actually.

You can not go wrong with The Wild Papaya.

Richard N.
Positive ihthmd
Brooklyn, NY
April 24, 2014
Doing Business with The Wild Papaya was a pleasure. I bought several Kentia Palm trees for my garden. The staff at the Wild Papaya was very helpful in getting the Palms to me on time. They were so knowledgeable and offered excellent advice on how to care for my trees and garden. I so glad I found them.
Positive Rob55
Boca Raton, FL
April 20, 2014
I ordered an avocado tree (7 gal) as a gift for my sister who lives in Naples and she and I were surprised to see in what great condition it arrived. Highly professional and great quality of products. I highly recommend them. I will be buying from them again.
Positive ty4mtgs
West Palm Beach, FL
April 10, 2014
I am so very pleased that I now have a nursery and garden center literally in my neighborhood (North Palm Beach,FL)!! I have ordered several flowering trees & plants from The Wild Papaya and have always found them to be not only accommodating but helpful with ideas & suggestions for my very established tropical yard. If I see something that I like I shoot off an email to Bea & she gets right back to me with the item but also with the prices for different sizes. I really like the fact that they are capable of getting what I want and getting it for me within a week's time so that I am able to plan my project in a timely manner, have to tell you that this is what I love the most!!

The quality of my purchases, the friendliness of the staff and knowledge all rolled into one beautiful Wild Papaya package! I'm a lifer for sure! Check them out for yourself
Positive yonip96
San Diego, CA
March 31, 2014
I recently ordered 7 gallon Nam Doc Mai mango tree and I received the tree in really good condition and came with pot too plus the tree was really big. Shipping box was bigger too.
Positive freediver4
Lake Belvedere Estates, FL
March 26, 2014
I recently purchased a Red Sealing Wax palm from them and was extremely happy when it arrived. The quality and price of the plant were incredible. Great customer service.
Positive joji_b
San Jose,
United States
March 17, 2014
Came across their name from online fruit forum, and deicide to give them a try.
I have be using two nursery from Florida in past and always wanted to have more option, so decided to give them a try and was really glad that I did.
Very good customer service, always respond fast via email and send pics of the plant that are going too shipped. The two 7gal mangoes I received were in excellent condition and very health. And top of it they shipped with the pot, which is huge plus.
Now they have become my first choice to search for new plants. Hopefully in future they maintained their service and quality like this and improved the collections of plants.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]