The scoop on 'Adaptive Seeds LLC'

Adaptive Seeds LLC

25079 Brush Creek Rd
Sweet Home, Oregon 97386 (United States)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Negative rajraj
Eugene, OR
January 30, 2021
Customer services skills are highly lacking. Response time and communication are extremely delayed and poor. Little to no demonstration of needing or valuing customers. The customer has to work hard to track their own orders and ensure communication regarding fulfillment. Do not reccommend buyng from this company.
Negative dirkphilly
Philadelphia, PA (Zone 6b)
November 19, 2019
Registered at the website and was planning to order some seeds from this company. Sent them an email and asked a few questions. Unfortunately I have never received a reply. No idea why. Probably they don't care about my business. Will order from Baker Creek
Company representative comment on November 19, 2019:
On Nov 19, 2019 10:12 AM, Adaptive Seeds LLC responded with:

Hello! During our catalog production madness time of year (which is right now) we sometimes fall a bit behind on email responses but usually no more than a week or two. As far as I can see, we have no unanswered emails more than a few days old at this time. If you could send your email again, I'd be more than happy to respond. We take pride in our customer service and do our best to ensure success for our customers. Thank you!

Positive cbandpb
Ronda, NC
April 19, 2018
Another good review for Adaptive Seeds. I agree with all the comments already posted and would just like to add one more. Seed germination was very good, even on less common vegetable varieties. Thumb's Up; get to know these guys.
Positive Rustyfork
Glenmont, NY
January 17, 2017
If I could rate this company "Fantastic" I would!

This is a small company that specializes in OP, hard to find heirloom varieties; the provenance of each variety is listed in the seed description, which is fascinating. The company publishes very interesting articles on seed patenting and GMOs, for those who want to learn more about the science and the industry.

Last year, I ordered sweet pepper and watermelon varieties that Adaptive recommended for short season areas and I had outstanding success with both. Six melons from one plant, while all my gardening neighbors lost their crops to rot and so many peppers that I was giving them away.

Highly recommend trying this company.
Positive cubsfandave
Chicago, IL
January 2, 2016
Very pleased with the quality and service.
Positive RareFruit2909
Lebanon, OH
December 26, 2015
This company deserves a look for gardeners bored with the usual box store seed racks. They offer a variety of unusual heirloom vegetables and I loved their selection of wild-derived tomato cultivars, cold tolerant veggies, and grains which is off the beaten path. My seeds arrived as ordered and promptly.
Positive HawaiianViking
96816,
United States (Zone 13a)
June 15, 2014
THE best! Adaptive Seeds is my favorite commercial source for seed! They have a very thoughtfully-selected assortment of unusual heirlooms, imports and rarities. I have ordered on several occasions and, each time, the order has arrived promptly, has germinated well, and has performed at least as well as described. Communication from Adaptive Seeds is prompt, as is shipping, and the prices are reasonable. I have zero complaints, and I hope that I can continue to grow with Adaptive Seeds in the future.
Positive Anna_Sweden
Brösarp,
Sweden
April 29, 2014
Posted on April 23, 2014, updated April 29, 2014
I am surprised that this company hasn't more reviews, They deserve to be praised for the impressive assortment of varieties, among them some very rare and hard-to-find heirlooms and unique genepool mixes, as well as for the excellent customer service.

I placed my first order on April 20, which was a holiday, and my seeds were shipped on April 22! Wow, that was even faster than I expected! I also received a much appreciated e-mail shipping notification with tracking number.

I wholly embrace the aims and priorities of Adaptive Seeds and am already looking forward to ordering more from them. I also have reason to believe that their assortment of seeds, and their selections, may be suitable for my Swedish zone 2 garden with cool springs, mild summers and long autumns.

Thank you!
On April 29th, 2014, Anna_Sweden added the following:

My seeds arrived April 28, incredibly fast considering that I am in Sweden. I can't recommend this company enough and so far I have only seen positive reports on germination rates and the seeds coming true to type.

Positive mac24
Litchfield Park, AZ
April 26, 2014
Interesting small seed company that offers many rare varieties. Ordered from them last year and overall was pleased. Native Sun, a determinate yellow tomato, performed very well in hot, dry Arizona.

I intend to order from Adaptive again. Deserve our support for keeping many older, hard-to-find varieties alive and sell all OPs.

Order was filled quickly and arrived promptly. Good catalog and web-site.
Positive StacyP9
somewherein, IL (Zone 5b)
March 9, 2014
Superior certified organic seed selection. Good prices. Reasonable order to shipping turn around times. Many unusual, excellent tomato varieties that you will not find elsewhere. Many excellent Kales, Squash and herbs as well. I have used this company for several years now and have found their seeds to be well packaged with excellent germination rates (always near 100%) and everything I have bought has grown true to its description. This is not always the case at some seed companies.
Positive devinevegan
Igo, CA (Zone 9a)
March 8, 2014
Wow, I cannot belive this company has no reviews yet! I love their unique seed collection. They have Organic, Open Pollinated seeds and sell NO hybrids or PVP's. I plan to order again very soon. They have very nice seed packets with seeding info included in each packet. Their seeds appear very fresh and I have already planted them in my garden. Highly recommended!