The scoop on 'Flying Fox Fruits'

Flying Fox Fruits

Apopka, Florida 32712
(United States)

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on February 2, 2017:
I operate a 4 acre rare tropical fruit farm and online nursery by myself....no employees....this means, i water, feed the chickens, pull weeds, fertilize, pick fruit, answer emails, pack and ship, prune, mow, etc......without any help.....Sometimes it may take me a week, or even several weeks to respond to emails. If you don't have patience, you're not going to get very far in the world of growing rare fruit, and you sure as hell aren't going to want to deal with me....my advice...go find it somewhere else....good luck.

Comments:

Positive alansapote
Long Beach, CA
February 2, 2017
Over the last few years, I've bought many fruit trees from Adam, the owner of Flying Fox Fruits He sells many hard to find fruit trees that are reasonably priced and always in excellent condition. Shipment is also extremely low compared to any other place you buy from--and I've bought from many places over the years outside my region to get some very rare frees trees, so I have a means to compare. In addition, very importantly, Adam always offers his incredible, and in many cases unique, knowledge on these rare fruit trees all through the process. Many times there really is almost nobody else anywhere who has his first hand experience on a lot of the varieties. This advice has been invaluable for me to help me get my trees to thrive over the years. I've also met him in person and toured his place over the last couple years, and he is also a really nice guy.
Positive johnnydo
Loxahatchee, FL (Zone 10a)
February 2, 2017
Visited Adam and FFF at least two times. Great guy very informative and will spend time showing and explaining many of the rare fruits he has growing.
Plus his prices are extremely reasonable even for some rare stuff.
He was also very patient answering emails as I had to postpone my visit several times.
Positive Schutzhund
Posted on February 1, 2017, updated February 2, 2017
For days now I've been trying to reach Adam about buying a garcinia from him, at first he did reply but then I asked him a couple of questions about some other fruit tree I was interested in, but I was still going to buy a plant from him and now it's been 2 days and still no response from him I'm honestly pretty ticked off and have decided to look else where. I'm pretty disappointed because I hear he carries a lot of rare plants and I wanted to add some to my collection but sadly that's not the case, so my search continues.
On February 2nd, 2017, Schutzhund changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I'm sorry I'm sorry I should have waited, it's just I'm more accustomed to having quick seller communication I'll remove the review, I I also just recently found out about Flying Fox Fruits and did not know that you were the only one running the place, so please I do hope that you accept my apology and we can reach some agreement
Company representative comment on February 2, 2017:
On Feb 2, 2017 10:21 AM, Flying Fox Fruits responded with:

Positive chicomorales
st maarten,
Netherlands Antilles
November 6, 2014
II order some tropical fruit trees from adam, blk sapote, cherry etc
they arrived in very good condition, his prices were very competitive. Oh the shipping rates are extremely hard to beat!!! It allows you to spend more money on plants.

He answers emails not just when you are ordering but also after, but be patient might take a few days. My only regret is that he only sells fruit trees would make my life a whole lot easier.
Definitely would recommend him!
Positive cmichael258
Pinellas Park, FL
June 23, 2014
I ordered 8 White Jade Pineapple plants from Adam and they arrived very promptly and in perfect condition. His description of the plants was spot on and all questions about planting, amount of sunlight, etc. were quickly answered. I highly recommend FFF and plan to buy from again.