The scoop on 'Pixies Gardens'

Pixies Gardens

2024 McDaniel Mill Rd
Conyers, Georgia 30094 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on August 29, 2014:
Based in suburbs of Atlanta,GA, we ship wholesale/retail--liners, rooted cuttings and containers of many ornamental shrubs/trees and fruit plants(TITAN BLUEBERRY,PINK LEMONADE BLUEBERRY etc)
WE SHIP TO ALL OVER THE COUNTRY (EXCEPT CA) and take pride in our fast shipping-safe and secure. Most of the times our plants are shipped in their pots and received in great condition. We can also ship semi bare-root also for bulk orders.
Our website is http://www.pixiesgardens.com and email is [email protected].
Our ebay and Amazon store is pixies gardens ( excellent reviews).
Guaranteed returns/refunds if the plant doesnt match our description.
OUR SPECIALITY-VERY FAST SHIPPING

Comments:

Negative andy3367
Mooreville, MS
April 16, 2021
On August 29, 2020, I placed an order with Pixie Gardens for 3 French Pussy Willow trees. Though they took my money right away, nothing shipped. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, since they claim to be a small mom-and-pop shop, but finally contacted them in early October. (Like them, I'm in the South so an October planting date is not out of line.) I was told they only had some poorer quality plants but if I would wait until "March/April" they would send me some better quality ones. Reluctantly, I agreed. In early March 2021, I wrote them for a status check. The responses I got were either silence, delays, or lies. I finally told them either giving me shipping information in five business days or I wanted my money refunded. On March 28, they supplied me with a USPS Tracking Number that did indeed show as being in the USPS system. However, the tracking number never updated beyond "created" and I didn't have any plants three weeks later. They claimed they were going to throw in an additional plant for my troubles--which was probably also a lie. On April 16, 2021, I contacted them again, calling them out for their "shipping" information, letting them know they are either incompetent or scammers (probably the former since they reply to emails), and threatened to pursue return of my money through Visa, BBB, and/or the court system (I live close enough I could--and would--file Small Claims in their district, just out of spite). Magically, and surprisingly, I received an email reply a couple hours later with a weak apology but, more importantly, also a statement that they would be refunding my money. I guess I'll find out in a few days whether they actually did this or if it's more lies and delays.

This company is nothing but delays, lies, and headaches. Use them at your own risk but I say STAY AWAY.
Negative meheaney
Silver Spring, MD
October 12, 2020
Ordered a buttonbush cultivar (Cephalanthus occidentalis 'Bailoptics') on September 17. Credit card was immediately charged, but nothing was ever shipped. Emailed them on October 5 asking for status, but got no response. Called them on October 9, but it went straight to voicemail, and they never returned my call. Finally today (October 12) I get an email saying my order has been cancelled - no explanation, no apology.

Without question this is the worst experience I've ever had with a mail-order nursery. And apparently nobody at Pixie's knows or cares about reviews here, because they never respond to them. I'd advise you to stay far, far away from these people.
Negative Bountiful0907
Bountiful, UT
September 29, 2020
In December I ordered a Salavatski pomegranate tree in a 5 gallon pot their ad said the tree would be 3 to 4 feet tall... I ordered this on their Christmas special 40% off. My card was charged at the regular rate so I tried to call them multiple times with no answer. Two months later they responded to my email. I told them I had not received the promotion price so they fixed it and gave me the discount. At this time a close friend of mine ordered a bare root Salavatski Pomegranate tree which was priced half as much as the potted trees. Her size of tree was advertised at 2 to 3 feet tall. She said the 5 gallon that I ordered was out of stock so I must have purchased the last one.

I received the tree in the mail a few months later. The box was damaged so I carefully took pictures before opening the box. When I opened the box the tree inside was only 1 1/2 feet tall. The pomegranate tree was loose in the pot with just damp wood chips and no soil. It appeared the tree had been recentlyj; carelessly potted immediately before shipping. My friend also received her bare root tree in the mail and it was 3 1/2 feet tall up to her shoulder after she potted it and the caliper was twice as thick as mine.

I emailed Pixie's and explained to them that I had not received the large potted tree that I ordered AND PAID FOR. I sent them pictures of my tree and the tree my friend ordered. I received a response saying that although my tree was much much shorter it had more branches on it than the tall tree. This was not true. I emailed them back and pointed out in the pictures I emailed that they had shipped me a 2 gallon pot instead of the 5 gallon pot that I ordered. They never responded again.

I concluded that Pixie's had no intention of making the order right with me and planted the pomegranate tree. The leaves sprouted and then immediatly began to curl. I diagnosed the tree and found that it was infested with microscopic mites that sleep in the bark over winter and then move to the leaves in the spring. This pest has never been on my property before ever. My friend's larger pomegranate tree from Pixies that was shipped and planted in a different county at her house had it's leaves do the exact same thing. Her tree also was infested with mites. I concluded that the infestation had come with both trees from Pixies Gardens.

1- I did not receive the product I paid for.
2- The product I did receive was infested.
3- Pixie's did not respond to my repeated attempts to contact them by mail and email. They just ghosted me when I sent them pictures of their product to prove it was the wrong size.

I will never order from Pixies again.

The tree I did order despite the infestation was planted by myself and is doing as well as can be. I have treated the infestation and I am hope I was able to contain the problem before it spreads to any other foilage in my yard. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Negative Shaycolt
Laurens, SC
July 25, 2020
In June, I ordered a Cornus kousa "Celestial Shadows" online listed for 60 bucks. When the tree arrived it was the wrong tree, even though the box said Cornus kousa. I eventually found the label buried in the pot and it was a golden raintree, not even remotely close. I have Cornus kousa trees and so I know the difference. The raintree on their website was listed as 25 dollars. I emailed them and told them they had sent the wrong tree and asked for a refund or replacement and I received no answer. I am not buying from them again. I have ordered plants from all over for 25 years and this one is off my list. Very disappointed that there is an online nursery that slack. BTW, when I looked at their web site again, the same cornus kousa had increased in price over a hundred dollars. It seems like someone is taking advantage of the gardening boon.
Positive RachelC2008
Logan, OH
June 10, 2020
We received very mature plants that arrived extremely well packaged. We will definitely use your services again. They had a plant that we have been searching for for several years without any luck.
It did take 4 weeks and one phone call to receive our order, but with the current quarantine conditions this is understandable. I had ordered flowers from a different company and had to finally cancel my order because they delayed my shipment for over two months. So overall 4 weeks wasn't bad.
Thanks again for the great looking plants!
Negative noblesteed21
Dallas,
United States
April 17, 2020
Wrong plants were delivered. TERRIBLE customer service. I understand we are in the middle of a pandemic, and all businesses are struggling, but Pixie's was not too busy to take my money. Plants arrived in good condition - but they were the WRONG PLANTS. I ordered Cherry Laurels, which will grow to more than 10' high. They sent me Otto Luyken English Laurels, which only grow to 4' high. And I bought 12 of these. This is not what was advertised and not what was ordered. Have not been able to get the owner (Dommetri?) to return any calls, as I am told he is the one who makes the decisions. Also, the bad review I left on their website has disappeared. They only show 5 star Excellent Reviews. Be carefull when ordering from Pixie's Gardens. I will not order from them again.
Positive MTP123
Wendell, NC
March 12, 2020
Over the last few years I have purchased dozens of plants from Pixie's Gardens and been very happy with the quality and customer service. I have never had a problem with something arriving that wasn't what it should have been and have also had help identifying what was in my garden that I wasn't sure about. Sure, I may have had to wait a few weeks for my order to be despatched but I understand that this is a working plant nursery, not an Amazon warehouse! My first order for 2020 has already been placed and filled without any issues whatsoever.
Negative deepbluefarm
Shermans Dale, PA
May 21, 2019
I bought six pomegranates, full size at a reasonable price. Products were not shipped in even a remotely timely fashion. Had to chase owners down by phone to find out when they would be shipped (five plus calls, no return on voicemails). One day they just showed up, dead of summer totally defoliated. Will be using PayPal to get my money back. Use other reputable dealers for your cold hardy pomegranates. Will never buy from Pixie’s Gardens again, obviously not a professional/reputable grower, as evidenced by zero guarantees on full grown shrubs.
Negative Sumoslady
Canaan, NH
July 17, 2018
I ordered a shrub in February of this year...anticipating its arrival in spring at the appropriate time to plant in my zone. In June, I called the company and spoke to someone who assured me that he would send it out the next day. It never arrived. Since that time, I have made 4 calls, left messages and have had no response. I will never use them again.
Negative FelixNY
New York City, NY
July 3, 2016
Got a tree delivered which didn't look too healthy. I had contacted them and they said to just give it a good watering but that didn't help. A month later it just about lost all it's leaves. They have not gotten back to me.
Positive VA_GARDEN
Hood, VA (Zone 7a)
April 13, 2016
I am amazed at the size and quality of plants for very reasonable prices. I have ordered from many different companies over the years, and these plants are among the best I've ever received. The packaging was great, nary a twig out of place. Even better, shipping was free with my order over $200.
Negative smerchek
Racine, WI
May 31, 2015
In September of 2014 I ordered a Little Buddy Lespedeza shrub. The plant was small but appeared healthy. I planted it immediately. This spring, I had fun watching it grow until I realized it was not the shrub but a thalictrum. I called them. They asked for pictures. I sent them. I did not hear from them. I have called at least three more times. I have also emailed them. There has been no response. From their inventory online, it appears that they have this plant for sale. I don't understand why they will not send me the correct plant.
Positive Jenifer_B
Raven, VA
May 16, 2015
I am actually amazed there is no feedback left for this company. They are GREAT!!!! I called them on Wednesday....my 8 shrubs were delivered by Saturday. Beautiful little green shrubs. Packaged great. I had actually ordered 6 from a deifferent company and I decided to do another section beside of my driveway. I looked at the company that I ordered the first ones from. From the time that I would of placed my order....they would not ship them out for another 13 days. And it is springtime. Time for planting. No fear of frost. I understand nurseries are busy this time of year. There was no phone number that I could call to contact them. Just by email and to be honest I didn't have the time to send one and to wait for a response. I found Pixies Garden on here and guess what? A phone number. They want you to call. Ask any questions that you may have. They were so helpful. Told me they would be at my home by Saturday and they were. And NO...they shipping was not ridiculous.....10 bucks. From Georgia to Virginia. Want to know about great customer service.....they texted me to see if I had recieved my shipment. AMAZING!!!!!!! They also send with my shipment instructions on how to plant my shrubs and to care for them. Not just a printout either. Handwritten instructions. Give PIXIE GARDENS a try. Just call them. Talk with them. You will see how nice and helpful they are!!!!!! I have ordered from 4 different nurseies this spring. Got all of them from Daves Garden I believe Pixie Gardens beat all of them with their customer service.