The scoop on 'Tomato Seeds 'n Such'

Tomato Seeds 'n Such

Graniteville, South Carolina 29829 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive skybird564
Hodges, SC
January 12, 2019
Been ordering from Seednsuch for 4 years now. Only one problem - a tomato seed that cost several dollars for 5 seeds that did not germinate at all. Contacted the company by email and was ignored. Contacted them again and the owner of the company responded quickly and sent me another packet which germinated 100%. Also has the best seed prices that I've seen in a long time.
Negative Magicmary
Brighton, MI
January 5, 2019
Last year was my first time ordering from this company. I am a seasoned gardener, so this was not my first rodeo. I thought I'd try them since their prices were lower than most other companies. That said, here are some of my results:

1. The seeds took a very long time to arrive, and I ordered in early January.
2. The overall germination rate left a lot to be desired. Some seeds were as expected. Others required extra sowing, which threw my plants and my entire garden off. Out of 15 different seeds I ordered, I had a problem with germination on at least 6 of them.
3. Absolutely NO germination on Jacob's Ladder. I contacted them a few times and never received a response. Poor customer service results in no more business from me.
4. I do not recommend ordering your seeds from this company; I'm going back to my tried and true seed companies, even though they will be more expensive.

Bottom line: If you want to take your chances, you'll likely get what you paid for (IF the seeds germinate).
Negative blue_gardener
Jackson, MI
February 13, 2018
While I mostly had good germination from the order I placed in 2017, I had rather low germination on one variety of sweet corn and ZERO germination on the seedless watermelons, of which I had ordered several packets. I e-mailed the company at least four times using the e-mail address listed on their website, beginning in September, 2017, hoping for a replacement of the watermelon seeds in 2018. However, I did not receive any reply or acknowledgement whatsoever, either to accommodate me or to refuse me. I find this unacceptably rude, and will probably never order again.
Positive SeedsNSuchComp
Graniteville, SC
January 3, 2018
Hi there! Our packets are preordered with the lowest germination rate allowed printed on them. However, we do our testing at a later date and the actual germination may be much higher! For example, a packet may say 65% and the germination on it that we received is 99%. The packets are also all packed for the growing season that we're in. After germination testing, the date is 1 year and a month out. Thank you!
Negative violina
Anamosa, IA
February 26, 2017
It took more than 2 weeks to receive my seeds order. In addition, seeds 'n such shipped eggplant seeds with (as shown on packet) only 65% germination rate. Some tomatoes (including cherry tomato seed packets with few seeds) were labeled at 70 or 75% germination, which is much lower than Fedco, Johnny's of Jung packets I've previously puchased. The low germination rates were not noted in the catalog or online, I would've purchased elsewhere if it had been.

FYI, most tomato packets were packed May 2016 (need to be sold by 5/17), so these were produced 2 summers ago.
Positive hconnelly
Cedartown, GA
December 22, 2016
Ordered 5 packages of seeds from them on 12/21/16 and they were delivered on 12/22/16. The order was 100% correct. Shipping and handling for 1 day priority mail (their choice) was $2.95 on a $55 order. Well satisfied.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]