The scoop on 'Tomato Seeds 'n Such'

Tomato Seeds 'n Such

Graniteville, South Carolina 29829 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Negative mrs_attila
La Center, WA
May 13, 2019
As much as I wanted to like their products, I probably won't order here again, though I have about $7 in credit here. Why? Two reasons, not including the very long delivery time (ordered in early January, received seeds in mid- March. If I started seeds early indoors, this would be a third problem). As it was, I ordered some very tiny flower seeds (impatiens) which should have had 100 seeds per packet. I got 4-6 seeds per packet, because they were packaged so badly that the seeds probably fell out during shipping. Got a credit for those from a very reluctant customer service person (I was outside the 45 day limit). The other problem was near zero germination rates for a wide variety of vegetables. I thought maybe rodents had eaten the planted beans, etc. but the beans and other seeds were still in the ground, either hard and dried out, or rotted. I'm an experienced gardener and I've grown vegetables in some bad climates, but I have never seen anything like this. Didn't bother to ask for a refund for the veg seeds as it's well past their limit. I just won't come back.
Negative JMKM1976
Hornell, NY
March 13, 2019
Posted on March 13, 2019, updated March 13, 2019
ordered $135 in seeds from this company last year (2018 growing season). The seeds took over 3 weeks to arrive, which means that adding 7_10 days for germination and 7 days hardening off, my seedlings were extremely late being planted in my garden! I had poor yeilds from great plants simply because they did not have enough time to mature and set fruit!

I ordered $98 in seeds again this year with a note telling them of the problems with how long shipping took last year. Still no seeds after almost 3 weeks have passed! I logged into my account on their website and sent a message yesterday that if not arrived by tomorrow, I might as well not plant them at all and would rather have my money back. No response so far.

Also, my order status on the website has said \"completed\" for a week plus. Is it just sitting there collecting dust at this point?

I ordered again because I buy so many seeds and there\'s a discount price over 20 packets. I also like the huge variety of tomatoes and peppers and eggplant that I can\'t get other places.

The germination was great for me last year. A couple varieties failed to thrive after germinating, but all and all 95% of my seeds did great and the plants were big, strong and healthy throughout growing season.

But like I said, they made it to the garden too late to really show off what they could do. I had planted several flats of heirloom seeds I had in my seed vault to share with family and friends. If I hadn\'t done that, my lush, green amazing garden last year would have been a waste where peppers, tomatoes and eggplant are concerned as 14 weeks to grow and get them ready are necessary and planting here is around May 15th! I ordered (last year and this year) in February!

It\'s unfortunate that great seeds and varieties are so mishandled and inaccessible just because of very poor handling and shipping practices.
On March 13th, 2019, JMKM1976 added the following:

I just received a message in my email that my seeds shipped and should arrive in 3 days (Saturday the 16th). Still not a positive rating because again, 8 weeks isn't enough time to have them ready, so I might as well not even plant them this year because they won't be ready for the garden until at least June!
Negative euwxyz
Berlin, NH
March 10, 2019
Germination very poor !!! Their packs even state 50% germination rate, of that its even worse. (that's not stated in the catalog) One pack had no seeds, the count on seed content is off. Not worth the disappointment. If you don't notify them within 45 days your out of luck...Save your $$$
Positive skybird564
Hodges, SC
January 12, 2019
Been ordering from Seednsuch for 4 years now. Only one problem - a tomato seed that cost several dollars for 5 seeds that did not germinate at all. Contacted the company by email and was ignored. Contacted them again and the owner of the company responded quickly and sent me another packet which germinated 100%. Also has the best seed prices that I've seen in a long time.
Negative Magicmary
Brighton, MI
January 5, 2019
Last year was my first time ordering from this company. I am a seasoned gardener, so this was not my first rodeo. I thought I'd try them since their prices were lower than most other companies. That said, here are some of my results:

1. The seeds took a very long time to arrive, and I ordered in early January.
2. The overall germination rate left a lot to be desired. Some seeds were as expected. Others required extra sowing, which threw my plants and my entire garden off. Out of 15 different seeds I ordered, I had a problem with germination on at least 6 of them.
3. Absolutely NO germination on Jacob's Ladder. I contacted them a few times and never received a response. Poor customer service results in no more business from me.
4. I do not recommend ordering your seeds from this company; I'm going back to my tried and true seed companies, even though they will be more expensive.

Bottom line: If you want to take your chances, you'll likely get what you paid for (IF the seeds germinate).
Negative blue_gardener
Jackson, MI
February 13, 2018
While I mostly had good germination from the order I placed in 2017, I had rather low germination on one variety of sweet corn and ZERO germination on the seedless watermelons, of which I had ordered several packets. I e-mailed the company at least four times using the e-mail address listed on their website, beginning in September, 2017, hoping for a replacement of the watermelon seeds in 2018. However, I did not receive any reply or acknowledgement whatsoever, either to accommodate me or to refuse me. I find this unacceptably rude, and will probably never order again.
Positive SeedsNSuchComp
Graniteville, SC
January 3, 2018
Hi there! Our packets are preordered with the lowest germination rate allowed printed on them. However, we do our testing at a later date and the actual germination may be much higher! For example, a packet may say 65% and the germination on it that we received is 99%. The packets are also all packed for the growing season that we're in. After germination testing, the date is 1 year and a month out. Thank you!
Negative violina
Anamosa, IA
February 26, 2017
It took more than 2 weeks to receive my seeds order. In addition, seeds 'n such shipped eggplant seeds with (as shown on packet) only 65% germination rate. Some tomatoes (including cherry tomato seed packets with few seeds) were labeled at 70 or 75% germination, which is much lower than Fedco, Johnny's of Jung packets I've previously puchased. The low germination rates were not noted in the catalog or online, I would've purchased elsewhere if it had been.

FYI, most tomato packets were packed May 2016 (need to be sold by 5/17), so these were produced 2 summers ago.
Positive hconnelly
Cedartown, GA
December 22, 2016
Ordered 5 packages of seeds from them on 12/21/16 and they were delivered on 12/22/16. The order was 100% correct. Shipping and handling for 1 day priority mail (their choice) was $2.95 on a $55 order. Well satisfied.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]