The scoop on 'Proven Winners'

Proven Winners

111 E Elm St Ste D
Sycamore, Illinois 60178 (United States)

Phone: 815-899-1973
Fax: 815-895-1873

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and plants.

Comments:

Positive msjw
Springfield, MO
June 1, 2020
I ordered plants from Proven Winners . All arrived in good shape and the packaging was great. Very happy with Proven Winner!!
Negative emendoza99
El Paso, TX
May 6, 2020
In my experience, the customer service end of the company is somewhat lacking and complacent. I reached out to Proven Winners on Instagram after 20 plants, 3 different varieties, that I purchased bloomed and turned out to have been mislabeled. I was disappointed because these mislabeled plants did not work in the projects I had purchased them for. I explained how I chose to invest my money in their products because I believe in their quality, but was disappointed in their response. They responded that they sell plugs to independent growers who must have mislabeled the plants. They told me to simply "return all the plants to Lowes." End of story. But I feel that they missed the point. I felt they could have done a little more to rectify the situation, or at least shown a little more concern over a mistake that reflects their brand or image. Their plants are "Proven Winners," but their customer service department are "Proven Don't Carers."
Positive DonnaMack
Elgin, IL (Zone 5a)
May 27, 2016
I was given a Deutzia Chardonnay Pearls years ago by Raulston Arboretum. An incredible plant. I recommended to a client that she buy three, and PW was just about the only source. She had them shipped to her house and I opened them and planted them. They were excellent, well packaged, and the root system was first rate. Shipping was also quite prompt. Knowing this, I will not hesitate to contact them directly for plants.
Neutral gardenkarma
Allston, MA
July 3, 2015
Lovely site, but not consistent for information. Clearly their best customer is the big-box store that doesn't depend on being informative to make the sale. That said, if you ask them directly (e.g. twitter) they do know their stuff. Have never had any difficulty getting the product to grow, whether it is purchased through various mail-order nurseries, independent garden centres, or big-box stores. A little effort in ensuring you're leaving enough room, proper pH, and things in that regard are on you to find, but gardening should challenge you anyway.