The scoop on 'Van Zyverden'

Van Zyverden

Meridian, Mississippi 39302-0550 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-332-2852

This company offers a variety of bulbs.

Comments:

Negative Amelda12
Lubbock, TX
April 11, 2021
I purchased multiple bags of the Van Zyverden Echinacea bulbs. These were to be a 2 per pack. I waited for the last freeze to open them but kept them in a cool, dry spot. I opened all 10 of them today and found one, yes one, plant to plant. I am extremely disappointed but looks like I am not the only one.
Negative reeve1
Plano, TX (Zone 8b)
March 25, 2020
This might be a great group of people at this company, but they fail epicly in their primary responsibility of getting fresh, viable product to the customer. I am the fool that continues to buy them year after year and getting anywhere from 0 to half of the number of plants that are promised on the bag. This year, I once again spent over $140 on different bulbs, rhizomes and tubers, 22 different bags of everything from Peonies, Hollyhock, Daylilies, and the only thing I brought home that was viable were Liatris. It's embarrassing to bring a sack of 20 different bulbs packages back to the store for a refund. I'm done buying from these people. I would suggest you buy from a reputable company if you want anything for your money.
Negative PHorton
MacMinnville, OR
May 20, 2019
I purchased 2 bags of their "Pollinator Favorites". 1 bag was supposed to contain 3 Hollyhocks. It only had 2. The second was supposed to have 8 Asclepias Tuberosa. It had nothing but dirt in the package. I contacted them directly, showing photos of the packaging and asking for some replacements. That was not sufficient for them to resolve the situation. From the canned response that I received, (they did not address me by name, nor did they give a name of the responder and used very general statements) I got the impression that shortages may not be uncommon. They offered a refund, but only if I provided several items including a copy of the receipt of purchase, which I did not keep.
Not a good experience! I will avoid them in the future.
On May 23, 2019 9:45 AM, Van Zyverden responded with:

Mr. Horton,
We are sorry you were not pleased with our response. Our intention was only to gather enough details to be able to refund for your purchase. Your refund check was mailed this week. Thank you again for your purchase, and please let us know if you have any other concerns. Thank you,

On May 23, 2019 9:45 AM, Van Zyverden added:

On May 23, 2019 9:45 AM, Van Zyverden added:

Negative hannahss
Freeman, MO (Zone 6a)
April 16, 2019
I bought a bag that was supposed to contain 3 starts for rudbeckia from the local Walmart. Realistically, I hoped to get at least one decent plant. There was only one ball of roots with no plant like material attached. It is in a pot to see if something will sprout, but that seems highly unlikely.
On May 23, 2019 9:51 AM, Van Zyverden responded with:

Hello,
Thank you for purchasing our products.
We are sorry for the problem.
Please contact us at [email protected]
We would like to send you a refund for your purchase.

Positive mylittletrees
Corning, OH
December 6, 2016
Bought 12 'Goblet' daffodil bulbs from this company. I was really impressed with the overall quality and size of the bulbs. There were no rotten or dried out bulbs. They were packed really well in the box with tissue paper surrounding the bag of bulbs. They even had a neat little information card tucked in an envelope that had growing instructions, and care tips printed on it. I thought it was a nice added touch. Based on this order, I would definitely buy bulbs from this company in the future!
On May 23, 2019 9:55 AM, Van Zyverden responded with:

Hello,
Thank you so much for your purchase and kind words.
Happy growing!

On May 23, 2019 10:02 AM, Van Zyverden added:

Hello,
Thank you so much for your purchase and kind words.
Happy growing!