The scoop on 'PlantingTree™ Online Garden Center'

PlantingTree™ Online Garden Center

241 Mazeppa Rd
Mooresville, North Carolina 28115 (United States)

Phone: 1-855-541-7526

Comments:

Negative John01
Vero Beach, FL
September 23, 2018
Deceptive Sales Practices.
Immediately upon receiving an email from the Planting Tree I was interested in buying some Crepe Myrtle at the prices shown on the email. But when you try to add the items to the cart the prices advertised are not offered. The price doubles when added to cart.
I emailed the company and got a response that they were out of stock of the small crepe myrtle. All of the 16 different varieties shown were suddenly out of stock within an hour of them sending out an email advertising in stock and ready to ship! I emailed back with a screen shot of their advertised email prices and asked if they would honor their prices but they said no that they would not sell the larger (2'-4') for the advertised price of the smaller (1'-2') trees. I then asked to be removed from their email spam list and informed them that since they were sending out deceptive email ads that I could no longer do business with them and would be writing my experience in the form of reviews. I have since picked up a few 2'-4' Black Diamond Crepe Myrtle from my local Lowes at 1/4 the price of The Planting Tree, Dave's Garden or whatever other name they want to use to deceive perspective customers out of their hard earned money. Lowes offers an additional 10% discount for Veterans as well.
Do not buy from this company. Classic example of bait and switch advertising is practiced here. I would post pictures if it was possible. My google review will include false ad pictures.
Company representative comment on September 24, 2018:
On Sep 24, 2018 4:49 PM, The Planting Tree (theplantingtree.com) responded with:

Hi John,

We are sorry you had this frustrating experience with our sale. When an item is placed on sale it is size specific, for example, 2-3 gallon or 3-4 gallon plants. We try to keep the guidelines of the sale simple and transparent. The plant must be the size on sale and the sales are while supplies last.

There are times when the response to our sales is so abundant that we sell out very quickly. We realize this can be disappointing and for that reason we offer several sales a month to our customers.

Thank you for your feedback; we appreciate the opportunity to improve.

Positive JiminRingoes
Ringoes, NJ
January 31, 2018
Cercis canadensis 'Ruby Falls', a weeping version of 'Forest Pansy' redbud, can be hard to find and last summer the online sources I'd identified had already sold out. This year I got an early start and chose to order from The Planting Tree because it seemed they offered the most tree for the price. For $99 (and free shipping) I received a 4 1/2 foot tall tree, measured from the soil line, with a ~1" caliper, well branched and trained. The plant is in an ~3 gallon pot and was packaged securely for shipping. It's a gorgeous little tree and I can't wait to plant it this spring. I'll definitely order from The Planting Tree again and will recommend them to my gardening friends without reservation.
Negative Cen
Hughesville, MD
April 17, 2017
WARNING. I have never purchased from this company. I plan to never purchase from them because of their advertising. The Planting Tree ads have suddenly appeared on my iphone interrupting other ads. I wrote to The Planting Tree and received no satisfaction. The best I can do is label them as spam and not purchase from them.
Company representative comment on April 20, 2017:
On Apr 20, 2017 9:02 AM, The Planting Tree (theplantingtree.com) responded with:

We do not "spam". We replied to your email immediately explaining what you may be seeing. We can only assume you are referring to google ads. Google arranges their ads as they see fit. We do not choose this or control who sees our ads. You never ordered from our company so it seems a bit unfair for you give us a poor review for something we have no control over. We are a small family run company with excellent products. We genuinely care about our plants and our customers.

Positive smeggy
Cherry Hill, NJ
May 31, 2016
I ordered three blueberry bushes and a fig tree from this company. I paid $16.99 for the blueberry bushes (Each) and $21.99 for the fig tree during a sale. I am very happy with what I received for those prices. I would happily order from this company again. It was well packed and all plants were in very good condition. I lost a small twiggy branch or two trying to get them out because the cardboard reinforcements inside were stapled on so tight. This protected the items inside from shifting but you must use care when ripping them off. That's how I snapped one or two off by mistake. but for the most part they came out of the box near perfect. The blueberry bushes have quite a few berries on them already. The fig tree was stated to be 1-2 feet and it is almost exactly 12 inches tall with a couple leaves. I was hoping it would be more in the 1 1/2" foot range and/or have more leaf growth on it, but it looks healthy. They are all potted still because I am waiting on a soil PH testing meter and to finish getting an area in the back yard cleared out. I will get the blueberry bushes (and some blackberries & strawberries that i purchased elsewhere) in the ground soon. The fig tree is going to be potted in a large pot so I can bring it in the garage over the winter. I hope all the plants are still doing well after they are transplanted. I will update my review if I encounter any problems, but so far so good. :)

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]