The scoop on 'Native Foods Nursery'

Native Foods Nursery

81868 Lost Valley Ln.
Dexter, Oregon 97431 (United States)

Phone: 541-600-4270
Fax: N/A

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: N/A

Comments:

Positive Pinguicula
Sitka, AK (Zone 7a)
February 25, 2021
I was very impressed by the packaging! All the bare root plant's I'd ordered arrived securely packed with damp roots wrapped in burlap. Every plant was clearly labeled. It was obvious they put a lot of care and effort into these plants every step of the way.
Though dormant, the plants all look very healthy and I can't wait to see them grow!
Positive adoptdontshop
Bremerton, WA
February 21, 2021
Posted on February 21, 2021, updated February 21, 2021
I am an autistic woman with little employment. I spend much of my time studying climate change issues. One of the things I am tryig to do to combat climate change and deforestation is create a food forest native plant wildlife habitat. With this in mind I was excited to see many species I wanted for my place so I ordered in September.
They email me wanting to know if I would want them shipped separately or take them as they all become available in mid January. I tell them mid January is fine. Mid January comes and goes and so toward the end of January I inquire about the new ETA of the plants so I can prep beds and such. Crickets. This was through the website. So I wait another 15 days and ask again through their message app on the website. More crickets.
So I go to their Facebook page to see if there's been any problems similar to mine posted there. Nothing but rave reviews about how healthy their plants are, so I think, maybe I was just missed? I send them a message through messenger at that point, just wanting SOMEONE to acknowledge my order and tell me a new date for shipping. NOTHING.
So now I am here and anywhere else that will allow me to tell other people they may or may not give you what you paid for. I will likely be taking this up with the BBB and also the State's Attorney General's office. That will be after I dispute these charges with my bank. I really want the plants. But If I can't have the order, I will be working to gain back my funds.
On February 21st, 2021, adoptdontshop changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

The owner just called me and my plants are on the way tomorrow. Very responsive. I would take the original post down, but for some reason I am unable.
Positive ElizabethN
Berkeley, CA
January 22, 2021
I ordered three bare root black raspberries. They are much larger than I had expected, and they have that spring to them that feels like a healthy dormant plant should. The packaging was so secure that they even emailed a guide on the best way to unpack them. I'm very happy with my purchase from this company.
Positive kjanine
Gig Harbor, WA
May 21, 2020
I purchased 8 golden currant plants which were very hard to find!. They came packaged extremely well and the plants were in eco pots which can be planted and were thoroughly and firmly rooted very well. I was very pleased and would definitely order again with no hesitation! A very nice company to deal with and apparently they later (after I received my plants) had a price change or something that I was unaware of and yet I(out of the blue) received a partial refund without knowing or even asking about it !!! :) that is great service!!!
Positive ryheena
Seattle, WA
October 1, 2018
Fast shipping with excellent packaging. Plants were exactly as described. Native Foods Nursery clearly puts thought and care into each plant and that really shows through when you receive the order. Great selection of Northwest Native Plants. I will be a frequent customer.