The scoop on 'Garden Hills Nursery'

Garden Hills Nursery

Smartt, Tennessee 37378 (United States)

Comments:

Positive chedder
Lexington, KY
December 28, 2018
I ordered many trees and shrubs from Garden Hills this fall to complete a 3-acre area on new property. Shade trees included River Birch, October Glory, Nuttall, Silver Maple, Red Oak and Willows; ornamental trees included White Dogwood, Kwanzan Cherry, Redbud and several Crape Myrtle. I also ordered Azalea, Burning Bush, Buttonbush and Sandcherry shrubs. Delivery was a little delayed due to so much rain in the TN/KY area at the time of harvest, but we've had ample planting time into early December with warmer temps and it allowed me to add to my order several times. Customer service was great with changes/additions and always a prompt reply. All arrived in very good condition, good sized, packaged well and with a decent root system, and all are planted for the season. Looking forward to spring when they wake up!
Positive lsgreenside
Locust Fork, AL
July 1, 2018
I ordered three Sweet Bay magnolias (Magnolia virginiana) from Garden Hills on June 16, 2018. Delivery was a little complicated because we have recently moved and opted to get a post office box in a town other than where we live because of its easy access on the way home from my full-time job. Garden Hills' website asked for my street address, which makes sense if you have a mailbox at home. I gave it thinking UPS would deliver my order to my street address. They shipped immediately via USPS Ground. We received a notice on the tracking site that delivery had failed.

I emailed Garden Hills to let them know what had happened and requested they ship three Sweet Bays to my employer's address. I work for a church and most of our staff receives personal deliveries there. Garden Hills responded to let me know they had received my email and my requested shipping address. Again, they shipped immediately. I received the order Friday, June 29.

The Sweet Bays are beautiful, healthy plants. They're out of the box and will be planted in a few days. After planting in this summer heat, they will be mulched well and soil moisture will be monitored daily and watered as needed.

I will definitely order from Garden Hills again.

Carolyn Snow