The scoop on 'Dutch Grown'

Dutch Grown

827 Lincoln Avenue, Unit 8
West Chester, Pennsylvania 19380 (United States)

Phone: 800-277-0215

This company offers a variety of bulbs.

Comments:

Positive cwalke
Longview, WA (Zone 8b)
November 2, 2020
Made my first order from this company this year for alliums, ixias and
species crocus. The bulbs that arrived were firm and healthy and the alliums wer good sized bulbs, which is not always the case in. mail order.
They were out of the 25 Orange Monarch crocus I ordered so substituted a bag of 100 healthy mixed species crocus; very nice!
The ixia bulbs were healthy as well.
A good experience!
Negative Chrissycf
Columbia, MO
October 5, 2020
This company brags that "you've never seen bulbs as big as ours!" So I expected a great order of top size bulbs. My first order was O.K. with some very nice tulip bulbs that were the advertised size and some nice quality daffodil bulbs that were smaller than the advertised 12+ cm, many were side bulbs broken off of double and triple nosed bulbs with the center bulb missing. There were no double or triple nosed bulbs, which are nearly always included in orders that have "top size" bulbs. I was told "that's how that variety grows". When my next order of different varieties came several of the bulbs were dead and dried out and all were well under the 12+cm promised many were just side bulbs, The size of a quarter about 3cm, broken off of triple and double nose bulbs. The large center bulbs were missing. One package that was supposed to include 25 bulbs had only 22 small bulbs the largest of which were about 5cm rather than the promised 12cm. Some bulbs were sprouted and soft, betraying poor storage methods.
I couldn't get anyone on the phone to complain about the poor bulbs and had to email and hope someone read it.
I did receive a prompt refund for all of my orders including the one I canceled, but my spring display is ruined since the varieties I wanted are sold out locally and it is too late to order from another source. This company makes big claims, but doesn't deliver.