827 Lincoln Avenue, Unit 8
West Chester, Pennsylvania 19380 (United States)
800-277-0215

Reviews:

Displaying the 5 most recent reviews

On Oct 17, 2021, plant_collector (32 reviews) from Oak Ridge, TN

Posted on October 13, 2021, updated October 17, 2021 I contacted DutchGrown three times by email to ask when my small order would ship and they did not reply to any of my messages. I have no idea when or if I will receive the Eremurus I ordered. They obviously have very poor customer service. I will shortly dispute their charge on my credit card as I indicated to them I would if they did not reply to my final email.

On October 17th, 2021, plant_collector changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following: Four days after my initial post I received my order from Dutch Grown. The Eremurus are of good size and despite the box being damaged are in pretty good shape.

On Oct 16, 2021, 829FlowerLady (3 reviews) from Kent, OH

I hate to leave a bad review--but this one is would be a double negative! A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I am a Master Gardener. In the spring we have a flow of cars and pedestrians by our house to see our bulb gardens--we have over 2500 bulbs planted. We know what we are doing! I have had almost 100% beautiful blooms from John Scheepers, McClure & Zimmerman, Brent & Beckys and Odyssey Bulbs--I will only order from them in the future. We ordered from Dutch Grown for the first time last year--Ixia, Narcissus, Chionodoxa, Tulips, Fritillaria, Eranthis. The bulbs did not look great when they arrived, but I planted them. With the exception of some of the Narcissus, the bulbs did not perform well at all. Very disappointing. I wrote a review on TrustPilot after getting no response reaching out to Dutch Grown. Once the negative review was posted, Dutch Grown reached out, was very apologetic, and offered to replace my entire 2020 order this year. I am not sure if it is ethical to change a review in exchange for product, but I agreed. I just received the "replacement" order--it had 3 items that I never ordered in 2020, nothing else. I feel scammed. I wrote a negative review on TrustPilot. They wrote a reply on the site that they shipped a full replacement order of beautiful bulbs--but they sent me an email that they canceled my replacement order because I wrote a bad review. That is a total contradiction. This is obviously a dishonest company.

On Apr 29, 2021, Shardon (1 reviews) from Olympia, WA

Posted on April 28, 2021, updated April 29, 2021 This is about Dutch Grown. I did unsuccessfully attempt to resolve difficulties with the company. I have ordered from Dutch Grown for several years. The quality of the bulbs has slowly deteriorated over the years, but not enough to mention until 2020. In 2020, I ordered 200 Parade (red) tulips and 200 Golden Parade tulips. When they "bloomed" this spring, I was so disappointed! All of the "red" tulips were dwarf bulbs and not Parade as ordered. These dwarf monstrosities were unsightly and did not fully open. The order was incorrectly filled, and the beautiful yellow/red profusion of tulips I so anticipate in the spring did not happen. Had they given me credit for the 2020 order, I would not be writing this review. I wasted my money in 2020. I will try another company this year.

On April 29th, 2021, Shardon changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following: After a representative of Dutch Grown read my comments on the Garden Watchdog, he reached out to me and gave me a complementary re-order of tulips to be sent in October. (I APPRECIATE THE GARDEN WATCHDOG!) I am hoping the tulips promised by Dutch Grown will arrive in October 2021 and be satisfactory when they bloom in the spring of 2022.

On Nov 2, 2020, cwalke (15 reviews) from Longview, WA (Zone 8b)

Made my first order from this company this year for alliums, ixias and species crocus. The bulbs that arrived were firm and healthy and the alliums wer good sized bulbs, which is not always the case in. mail order. They were out of the 25 Orange Monarch crocus I ordered so substituted a bag of 100 healthy mixed species crocus; very nice! The ixia bulbs were healthy as well. A good experience!

On Oct 5, 2020, Chrissycf (6 reviews) from Columbia, MO

This company brags that "you've never seen bulbs as big as ours!" So I expected a great order of top size bulbs. My first order was O.K. with some very nice tulip bulbs that were the advertised size and some nice quality daffodil bulbs that were smaller than the advertised 12+ cm, many were side bulbs broken off of double and triple nosed bulbs with the center bulb missing. There were no double or triple nosed bulbs, which are nearly always included in orders that have "top size" bulbs. I was told "that's how that variety grows". When my next order of different varieties came several of the bulbs were dead and dried out and all were well under the 12+cm promised many were just side bulbs, The size of a quarter about 3cm, broken off of triple and double nose bulbs. The large center bulbs were missing. One package that was supposed to include 25 bulbs had only 22 small bulbs the largest of which were about 5cm rather than the promised 12cm. Some bulbs were sprouted and soft, betraying poor storage methods. I couldn't get anyone on the phone to complain about the poor bulbs and had to email and hope someone read it. I did receive a prompt refund for all of my orders including the one I canceled, but my spring display is ruined since the varieties I wanted are sold out locally and it is too late to order from another source. This company makes big claims, but doesn't deliver.

» Read the rest of the reviews