The scoop on 'Cattail Creek Gardens'

Cattail Creek Gardens

P O Box 447
Montpelier, Virginia 23192 (Choose from below)

Phone: 804-586-2433

No positives

Comments:

Negative snorky1
Tallahassee, FL
July 14, 2020
I ordered a single rose 2 weeks ago and still not shipped so I called to inquire for a time frame and received a bad attitude with the time frame of another 2-3 weeks before it ships. Paying 80 dollars for a rose and rude seller makes me turn my nose up to future business..suggest to stay away.
Negative southerncottage
Watkinsville, GA
April 20, 2019
The website does not have their phone number on their website, I found the phone number listed on the shipping box.

I believe they should be honest and upfront about the roses being own root, budded, or grafted. This is not at all mentioned on the website. They seemed offended that brought this up.

Their prices seem reasonable for a well established healthy plant.The plant I received was definitely healthy, even though it had a weird shape about it, several branches were removed so the plant was lopsided. For $70 which includes shipping I expected a perfect shaped rose.

For the price you can get 2 bare root or own root roses directly from David Austin Roses

What I found most disturbing of all, was I could ship the rose back and pay a restocking fee in order to exchange it for the same rose with its own roots. Considering that rose rosette, and other diseases and insects are an issue, why would they take the rose back? How could anyone be certain the rose was not contaminated?