The scoop on 'Sow Exotic (www.sowexotic.com)'

Sow Exotic (www.sowexotic.com)

4371 Fussell Lane
Winter Haven, Florida 33880 (United States)

Phone: 7278087822

No positives

Comments:

Negative quinn_todd
Muskego, WI
December 24, 2020
Sow Exotic sent two very small, distressed Mysore raspberries to me for $15 a piece with a $10 shipping charge. I was astonished at how fragile they looked and expected much better quality for the money I paid. Perhaps I should've seen this coming, had I read their online reviews before ordering. Apparently, there have been a large number of other dissatisfied customers who have had issues with the company. The raspberries' condition worsened in the weeks after they arrived, and the two plants eventually died despite proper care. I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint against Sow Exotic for improperly handling my transaction but was met with denial and blame. They never tried to process a refund for my loss nor did they offer replacements. I strongly urge others to avoid Sow Exotic or you very well may find yourself as disappointed as I.
Negative ashleysgarden
Davenport, FL (Zone 9b)
March 5, 2019
Local, unresponsive to an appointment to volunteer on site in trade for likely baby plants and/or spare produce.

I was maybe over excited, offering some background wanting to be considered for repeat helping. But two weeks, didnt cancel nor respond.

I want to buy one tree I apparently cant trade clearing,etc (listed needs/projects) labor for (the volunteering scheduling was a very specific semi-automated time slot system that seemed large organization worthy), but I'm uncomfortable with the lack of response, even to my follow up, while also receiving professional promotional emails. The phone wasn't answered, and the message says please email us. Lastly I saw they had pickup appointments availible in 15 minute allotments same day, so they must carry a phone if they exist.

The property is set back from the road, googlemaps makes it look unverifyable by a drive-by, and they specify appointment only, so I didnt go nocking.