The scoop on 'Wilson Brothers Gardens'

Wilson Brothers Gardens

1759 McGarity Road
McDonough, Georgia 30252 (United States)

Phone: 770-573-1778

Comments:

Negative JoeHolt
Norman, AR
March 30, 2021
I purchased 5 trees from this company. One showed up burnt and half dead, three were grafts (and amateur grafts at that) and only one was what I paid for. The trees in the larger pots are just as small as the smaller pots so you are getting charged double price because they spent pennies on a larger plastic pot. You've been warned! Your money is certainly better spent elsewhere.
Negative chriscyy
Mercer Island, WA
March 6, 2021
Posted on March 6, 2021, updated March 6, 2021
Posted on May 23, 2020, updated March 6, 2021
excellent packaging. You will rest assured plants will arrived not damaged. The size of plant is exactly like their website described. I have shopped with them 4 years in a row and have never been disappointed! Will keep buying from them.
On March 6th, 2021, chriscyy changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

The plants are getting smaller and smaller. Got a 3 gallon Camellia and they simply stuffs 2 10 inches plans into a 3 gallon pot. The bloom color turned out to be not what the website described. Was told by customer service that even a 5 gallon plant is considered young and therefore can be small. The reply is just simply an insult to experienced gardener. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.
On March 6th, 2021, chriscyy added the following:

Positive cheyotto
Rockland, MA (Zone 6b)
February 26, 2021
Posted on March 4, 2020, updated February 26, 2021
SPEND AWAY - THESE GUYS ARE LEGIT - FREE SHIPPING!
I am a huge researcher before I order online roses, shrubs, plants, etc., so I'm going to pay it forward. I received my two gardenia's today. They are lush, exactly as described, and packaged with TLC. I've corresponded with Cole via email and he always responds within 24 hours or less. I accidentally ordered the same order twice. He brought it to my attention and made sure I would get refunded. I asked if they could hold onto the balance of my products until May since it's still cool in Massachusetts. Knowing me, I'll probably add to my list before then anyway. Hope this helps someone!
On February 26th, 2021, cheyotto added the following:

FEB 25, 2021: Bought three more trees and as usual they are amazing! Always packaged professionally, and the quality is always superb! The only bummer is that you cannot postpone the ship date. It's not a deal breaker for me. It's more important that I receive a healthy product from a reliable company. I rely on reviews and always come to Dave's Garden Watchdog prior to buying. Thanks, Dave!
Negative colejusmc
Fredericksburg, VA
October 12, 2020
Since becoming a Wilson Bros customer in Feb 2020, I've made 10 orders of multiple plants each totaling approx $800. I have been a satisfied customer until my latest order.

Wilson Bros has a "Healthy Plants Guarantee" that states:
"Healthy Plants Guaranteed - When you place an order with Wilson Bros Gardens, we guarantee that you will receive healthy, container-grown, landscape-ready plants of retail nursery quality".

As you'll see from the posted pictures, I received two center piece viburnums that did not live up to this Guarantee.

One arrived with exposed roots, and was completely unanchored to its container. I can live with that as a matter of poor packing for the shipping it underwent.

The other was shipped as a diseased plant. Probably a fungus.

I have done everything possible to make Wilson Bros aware of my surprise and displeasure with this situation. Their response has been totally unsatisfactory.

Regarding the diseased plant, their customer service rep told me that the leaves would soon be falling off and would be replaced by healthy ones. What a ridiculous assertion. First of all, anyone who knows plants can recognize a diseased plant - especially one with a plant fungus. Second, no one would buy such a plant from a reputable nursery. Third, such a plant is NOT 'landscape ready'.

If you are thinking of buying plants sight unseen from an expensive mail-order company like Wilson Bros, think again. They readily foist DISEASED plants on their customers. And, they DO NOT live up to their published guarantee.
Neutral loveplants101
Arlington, VA
August 28, 2020
The plants from them come very well packaged. For the most part they are healthy. I did receive one plant that died very quickly. I
gave them the highest rating on the plants that survived and they posted those reviews. I gave a low rating on the one that did not survive and they did not post it. If their site allows posting they should take the good with the bad.
Negative cachegardener
Logan, UT
June 29, 2020
I ordered for the first time from Wilson Bros at the end of May as reliable Forestfarm was out of the variety I wanted. My order was for three 3-gallon potted flowering quince "Cameo" (semi-double, peach/pink blooms) as I had had a well-loved Cameo quince for 20 plus years at my previous house. The plants arrived well packed but the few old blossoms remaining were strikingly orange red (not peach) and the foliage/form was also quite different from my previous Cameo (smaller, duller leaves, less compact stems). I was finally ready to plant them this past week but noticed one of them had put out some new buds-- also very red. I waited until the four or so flowers opened. They were definitely red/orange red and single blooms-- not peach/pink, semi-double. I took photos and attached them to the email on the Wilson Bros contact form saying they had sent me the wrong variety of flowering quince and I couldn't plant them. I asked what they would do to rectify the problem. The service manager called today and agreed that the one plant with the red flowers was not Cameo and I would have to return it for any refund. I asked him why since it was clear that it was not the variety that I had ordered. He replied that ANY plant shipped had to be returned for a refund. Thus, because there was no way he could know whether the other two were ALSO not Cameo, he said I would have to plant them and wait until spring when they bloomed IF they weren't Cameo for any refund. So I was faced with shipping twice-- at my expense--once now and again, digging up the plants if I planted them-- in the spring!. In all the years I have ordered from online plant companies, I have never been sent the wrong variety. Moreover, I am astounded at such inflexible, unreasonable customer service and failure to take responsibility for their error, especially when I provided clear evidence that the shipment was different from the variety I ordered. They are keeping the full amount of my order ($179.46) for plants I can't plant. At a minimum, an offer to refund at least the one photographed plant would have been a gracious response. Buyer beware! I have given all three plants to my neighbor as a gift and will never order from Wilson Bros Gardens again.
Positive lafu115
Arlington, VA
June 24, 2020
I wanted to add some camellias to our yard. Wilson Bros was one of the few places that had Kanjiro. I ordered one -- because I had never ordered from this company before. The 3 gallon plant came quickly and was in great condition. Careful packing. I then ordered a second Kanjiro and two Buttermint camellias. Those three were also in excellent condition. The second Kanjiro was quite large for a 3 gallon plant. Very pleased!
Negative whaisname
Oyster Bay, NY
May 11, 2020
Purchased a three gallon Florida anise which arrived Saturday. Planted on Sunday. My three gallon is really a one gallon. The rootball was placed on top of the larger potís soil. Tried calling the company both yesterday and today leaving messages and also an email. I had placed another order because the plant is lovely, but if is a three gallon price and a one gallon plant I donít want it. Oh yes the original plant is wilting a bit. Too much top for to little root structure?
Positive Lorenzo99
Winchester, KY
May 4, 2020
I ordered three crepe myrtles from this nursery. Plants were well-packed, sizable and healthy (two were considerably larger than what I expected). Good selection and reasonable prices.
Positive krhodes
Winston Salem, NC
April 30, 2020
A friend shipped me a 1-gallon Crossvine "Shalimar Red Crossvine - Bignonia capreolata" as a gift. The plant is absolutely beautiful and healthy. Nice green foliage. The plant on a stake is about 2' tall and shipped in 3' tall box with a cardboard stabilizing base for the pot in the box. I will definitely be ordering from Wilson Brothers!
Positive Pinxter
Eminence, MO (Zone 6a)
June 28, 2019
6/29/19 I did an internet search for Magnolia figo (Banana Shrub) to add to my garden. After reviewing multiple websites, I located the item on Wilson Brothers Gardens website with a size and price that I had in mind. Before placing my order I had some questions, so I sent them a message via their website. I received a very prompt response from Spencer Young, and placed my order on 6/12/19, with a requested ship date of 6/17/19. My order shipped via UPS Ground on 6/17/19 and I received it on 6/19/19. The packaging was done professionally and the shrub came out of the carton looking like I had carried it home from their nursery. I am very pleased with all aspects of ordering from Wilson Brothers Gardens - communications, plant quality, packaging and timely shipping. I highly recommend Wilson Brothers Gardens.