The scoop on 'clematis.com'

clematis.com

3251 N. Ponkan Pines Road
Apopka, Florida 32712 (United States)

Phone: 800-370-9403
Fax: 407-884-1650

Comments:

Positive KanapahaLEW
Alachua, FL (Zone 8b)
December 16, 2020
I was searching the internet for a number of clematis to try here in north central Florida. I came across the few old established clematis nurseries that I have purchased from in the past, and this one, which was new to me. I was shocked to discover that they were located in central Florida where it would be even more difficult to grow clematis than in my location, but it turns out that they have perfected the art of growing clematis by tissue culture and claim that they are the biggest producer of clematis in the U.S. Their wholesale division, Roseville Farms, apparently supplies growers across the country with liners. Clematis.com is the retail division and has an extensive list of species and cultivars and the pricing and shipping is relatively inexpensive, especially considering the high quality of the plants. I ordered 5 different cultivars in what they call "4-inch" pots. Like all nursery pots these days, the actual pot size is smaller than the listing, so these came in smaller pots, but they were deep pots and the important thing is that every plant was not only bushy but had a very extensive rootball. These plants were ready for gallon pots, and I up-potted them soon after receiving them. In short, I am extremely happy with the plants I received (and the fast shipping) and would not hesitate to order from them again.